Virgin Media Discussion Thread

What about 5G broadband is that not available in your area ? i can get Vodafone 5G 1Gbps here but currently on Virgin M500.

Unfortunately 5g is fairly hit and miss, Some days it'll be great, other days, can't even pick up a 5g signal , not reliable to depend upon, otherwise yeah i'd look at something like that.

If you're not out of contract now just wait until the price increase email comes through, which is due to everyone now, phone up saying you can't afford it anymore and wish to leave & wait for them to offer you the same/better price than paid before.

Had it through last week, Goes from £54 a month to £68 a month , for M250 Plus landline.

• Wow
Reactions: R3X
Unfortunately 5g is fairly hit and miss, Some days it'll be great, other days, can't even pick up a 5g signal , not reliable to depend upon, otherwise yeah i'd look at something like that.

Had it through last week, Goes from £54 a month to £68 a month , for M250 Plus landline.
i put my cancelation in just before xmas for M100 as it was jumping up from under £20 to roughly double got the first call back and refused the £5 ish drop in prices, got the second call the next day for £18 for M100 or £20 for M250 so jumped at it

A few months ago I posted about issues with VM, 3 no shows and over 100 days of no connection when they said it was working fine.......

I finally got a compensation cheque and 2 payments that they took off me. Just under £1100 from them, (although it still took phone calls and messages to get it).

I know a lot of people here are happy, but after the last 6 months I'm finally glad to see the back of them.

A few months ago I posted about issues with VM, 3 no shows and over 100 days of no connection when they said it was working fine.......

I finally got a compensation cheque and 2 payments that they took off me. Just under £1100 from them, (although it still took phone calls and messages to get it).

I know a lot of people here are happy, but after the last 6 months I'm finally glad to see the back of them.

How much! :cool: I'll take 3 no shows and over 100 days of net to get compensation like that.

Last edited:
Anyone else had an email today about their monthly price going up?

Still in contract until October 2024 but it says it’s going up £8 from April 1st.

I'm fairly sure the RPI-indexed price increases have been part of the contract terms for a while now

Some people forget about this and think they getting a bargain up until they then get a price rise and it doesn't become such a good deal. I think once a contract is in a contract there should be no price rises. I'm sick of them doing this to people in contracts.

Yes I know it says about RPI but there shouldn't be in any RPI.

Does the retentions thinking of leaving still work, as in if I say I want to leave, do they phone back after a week to offer you a better deal?

I will phone soon as Im out of contract, if I want to haggle for a better price is it best to go through to retentions first or speak to first line sales person.

i put my cancelation in just before xmas for M100 as it was jumping up from under £20 to roughly double got the first call back and refused the £5 ish drop in prices, got the second call the next day for £18 for M100 or £20 for M250 so jumped at it

How long after you cancelled did they phone you?

Im worried if I do this they won't phone back. lol.

I guess if they didn't I could phone them and beg to stay:D

Anyone have experience of raising subject access requests with virgin? Tried to sort a deal with them for the in laws - was lied to on multiple calls and even by someone who promises to review recordings and call back.

How long after you cancelled did they phone you?

Im worried if I do this they won't phone back. lol.

I guess if they didn't I could phone them and beg to stay:D
first callback was around the 3 week mark after putting my notice in, if they don't call back and you are worried you just cancel your notice before the time is up

I finally cancelled my virgin contract, been overcharged for years but stayed as no real competition round my area.

But now we have city fibre fttp down our road and an offer of £30 a month for 900mb was too good to turn down.

They have of course been phoning me repeatedly with better and better deals ever since. Too late.

Bye bye virgin :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom