Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Everyone bangs on about FTTP as if it’s some magical cure, that may be the case, but it’s also not available everywhere yet, so millions don’t have that option.
FTTP is the miracle cure insofar as it provides competition so if your VM experience is crap then you have the choice to leave and they have to try harder to maintain your custom.

Yep, but for me VM is not crap and I don't have the option for FTTP. Maybe that will change one day though as its good to have choice.
VM isn't that bad for me too. Only had a few minor issues over the years but it is the price and upload speed are pathetic. Community Fiber installed cables half a mile down on the main road, hope they will start working around my place toward the end of the year.

Btw, why VM keep calling me after I made a change to my package days ago, 1st call was at 9am and just called again to discuss my recently changed package but only can talk further if I pass their security check. I don't want to talk again so why keep calling?

I would never answer security questions from someone who called me
The amount of incredulous responses I get over this are eye opening. I always say much the same thing - you called me, you are the one who should be proving who you are, not I. Cue much mental scrambling and 'but DPA/GDPR, we need to make sure we're talking to the right person'.... Yes, and if you're recording data properly, you know full well who I am based on the contact details you just pulled up and used to call me. They usually just give up and ask me to ring back on the main number, but alas I'm not usually near so keen to speak to them as they are to me. :D

Had a bit of a result, I've currently got an open complaint with Virgin which they are moving to resolve, I've managed to bag a Hub5 and they've waived the normal £40 charge, I also got a month off my bill :)

Last edited:
Got a offer from Virgin to stay, £29.00 125 mb mix tv and phone, will accept that but exspect to get screwed over at some point, orginal cost was going to be £51.00 for same bundle, so cancalling was proberly the best route.

They offered me my 250mb broadband for £23 to try and get me to stay. I had been paying £44 a month.

I knew they'd been gouging for years though, but there was no viable alternative.

Glad I told them where to go :p

Enjoying my 900mb fttp for £30 a month.

Last edited:
They offered me my 250mb broadband for £23 to try and get me to stay. I had been paying £44 a month.

I knew they'd been gouging for years though, but there was no viable alternative.

Glad I told them where to go :p

Enjoying my 900mb fttp for £30 a month.

wished I had that option no one else offers above 56-80 Mbps so basically only option for faster speed is Virgin cant fault the service just wished had more options so can play them off each other

Build planned between
now and Dec-2026
Ultrafast Full Fibre Broadband

Last edited:
wished I had that option no one else offers above 56-80 Mbps so basically only option for faster speed is Virgin cant fault the service just wished had more options so can play them off each other
Do you have 5g in your area, if I didn't get a deal from Virgin that was the route I was going to go, 3 are selling it at £20 a month with the first 3 months FOC, the speed is as well.

Last edited:
The problem with 4G/5G is that even if you get over 100Mbps down fairly consistently, you're still only going to see around 20Mbps up, which is no better than I get now on FTTC. It would also be a far more variable service than I get currently and so difficult to configure QoS etc. The latency would also increase.

Last edited:
Do you have 5g in your area, if I didn't get a deal from Virgin that was the route I was going to go, 3 are selling it at £20 a month with the first 3 months FOC, the speed is as well.

Three are really bad in my area other networks are better with 5g but I wouldnt move to 5g for home use , I pay £26 for 250mb with virgin so it aint all bad looking forward when others can offer fast speeds so can find the best deals

Back
Top Bottom