Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Associate
i went to cancel via online chat (took 45mins) they offered me 125mpbs for £27/month i said no. 2 days later i got a call they offered me 125mbps broadband-only for £22/m or 250mbps + weekend calls for £23/month both on 18 month contract.

Associate
I’m on day 10 after cancelling. Just had the one call so far but the offer was rubbish so declined. I may have to call them back using the number haha.
I had that happen in the past. What i did was contact them via online chat a few days before the contract ended to ask when the contract ends. After they have answered they will often try to get you to rejoin and offer you a better price.

Soldato
Just had mine installed today. Guess I have to wait a few days before I can activate the volt upgrade to 1GB. Will also look to see how much it slows through a powerline to another room as I'm getting a DL speed of 180-220Mbps out of 500. Though that is still a world apart from the BT 45Mbps. Apparently it will be a bit up and down for a day or so which is fine.

Associate
Cancelled mine today. I've been using them on and off since the Telewest broadband days. I was paying £118 at the end for full oomph tv, broadband and mobile. Asked to try and reduce the package to save money but was offered a new 18month contract with the same package for £167. After spending a while trying to get a better deal, even trying broadband only (They offered 1gig for £72 :rolleyes:) I cancelled.
They called me back today - offered me £63pm for everything (1gig, max tv, sports etc) so will prob go for stay with them. Just had a sky stream box arrive today too

Last edited:
Reactions: KIA
Soldato
Cancelled mine today. I've been using them on and off since the Telewest broadband days. I was paying £118 at the end for full oomph tv, broadband and mobile. Asked to try and reduce the package to save money but was offered a new 18month contract with the same package for £167. After spending a while trying to get a better deal, even trying broadband only (They offered 1gig for £72 :rolleyes:) I cancelled.

They offered me that for like £70 odd something like that with the 1gig when I rang the retentions and said I'd missed a call.

Last edited:
Soldato
My £19 broadband offer was for 145mb. lol

Cut off is Thursday.

To stay on my curent package (350mb evening & W/E calls) its the same as Im paying now £34.
Damn so maybe the new offer wouldnt have been good at all then.

I did eventually ring the number as I need to arrange them to pick up hub 5, and it seems to be some kind of VIP line, rang it, no queue, no menu, guy answered within 2 secs from home in UK, asking straight off I got request to ring, then I arranged with him the pickup.

Associate
I had retentions call me after the cancellation, told them to do one, I can spend no more time talking to those people, 5 hours was enough.

One benefit of them renewing my contract and have them screwing it up by mis selling to me is the new contract allows me to exit earlier without penalty.

Retentions contacted me again today and being in a much more chilled mood I listened to the offers, they gave me all the things I had and more at an even more reasonable £59 (I thought £76 was fair for what I had) that is an awesome deal, and within seconds it is working as it used to, now to Cancel the Youfibre install.

Such a turncoat, yup I'm cheap :o

Last edited:
Soldato
That's just a standard email.

If you don't hear from outbound retentions in about a week, try calling and say you've missed a call.

The number is 020 3743 6947

Thanks for this, just rang them, i cancelled about 2 weeks ago.

managed to get the below for £67 per month, was paying about the same minus the UHD and had to have a O2 sim, maybe i could have waited out to get better deal but happy with this for next 18 months.

No need for O2 sim anymore.

hope is helps someone when negotiating

Soldato
Imagine a fruit and veg store Virgin Media style.

First customer "apple please", VM "no problem 30p please".
Second customer "apple please", VM "no problem £1.20 please".
Third customer "apple please", VM "no problem 70p please".
Fourth customer "apple please", VM "no problem 10p please".

Associate
It is a bit of a joke, they just make it up, mine dropped the O2 too, it was a poor service in our area. my offer.

VM2.png

Last edited:
Associate
Strangely on the pre-contract it was 219 after, such is the calamity that is VMs charging structure, don't seem to have lost anything so no complaints here, this time it has gone in my favour, 2 weeks ago the numbers kept going up :o :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for this, just rang them, i cancelled about 2 weeks ago.

managed to get the below for £67 per month, was paying about the same minus the UHD and had to have a O2 sim, maybe i could have waited out to get better deal but happy with this for next 18 months.

No need for O2 sim anymore.

hope is helps someone when negotiating
That’s great considering you’ve got the Asian and Kids packs on there too - wouldn’t grumble at that!

Soldato
Associate
Doesn’t surprise me - given the outsourced CS (who can likely only understand basic English) + unfortunately could be a policy thing

That’s not saying I’m unsympathetic to the situation - isn’t there a specific team people are supposed to be directed to for this exact reason (bereavement/serious illness team comes to mind?)

Last edited:
Soldato
So we've been back with VM for a few months now after leaving to go to BT a couple of years ago. We're lucky that we have BT Fibre and VM at our home.

I'm on the Gig package, and honestly it's much better this time. I guess local area upgrades and more competition have helped.

Back
Top Bottom