Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Associate
I tried to play sky off against them, as I could get the same TV package with them for £45.
80mb is fastest fibre with them around here, VM know that so wouldn't budge any lower. It faster fibre £4 cheaper than what I am paying, hopefully the next renewal i will have more options.

Soldato
I tried to play sky off against them, as I could get the same TV package with them for £45.
80mb is fastest fibre with them around here, VM know that so wouldn't budge any lower. It faster fibre £4 cheaper than what I am paying, hopefully the next renewal i will have more options.
I understand your position, unfortunately, for me too virgin was the only thing for 7 years and they shafted me on price every time. My problem with them was they give new customers much better deals than customers they already have. Thankfully hyperoptic came to my area last 2 years and I am happy I finally got rid of virgin. Hope you get better deal next time :)

Associate
Thankfully I'm in contract with Virgin for another 12 months but having read this thread I don't look forward to the prospect of the renewals process.

Thankfully I have Openreach FTTP available to me so can hopefully play Virgin off against Sky. In truth, I will go with whoever offers the best value as Virgin has performed well for me, but equally so did Sky before.

Soldato
Thankfully I'm in contract with Virgin for another 12 months but having read this thread I don't look forward to the prospect of the renewals process.

Thankfully I have Openreach FTTP available to me so can hopefully play Virgin off against Sky. In truth, I will go with whoever offers the best value as Virgin has performed well for me, but equally so did Sky before.
Be prepared to actually cancel and wait 2 weeks, fun and games!

Soldato
I'm hoping BT FTTP arrives in the next 18 months when my Virgin contract is up, I don't fancy going back to FTTC and 60mb but I'm not paying the full price that Virgin charges

was hoping for the same FTTP arrived few weeks Virgin contract was up, but none was offering anything better what Virgin offered to new customers so just ended up renewing with Virgin £24 M250, just hoping next time contract is up will have more FTTP providers offering because right now just limited to BT, plusnet, vodafone etc just the so called bigger names the ones that give really good deals the less known brands none are available

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm on £29 for Gigabit got another 16 months as only reagreed in April (was £27 for 500mbps) CPI was going to raise it anyway so thought why not just do an early upgrade.

However whoever did my original contract last year messed up and added the O2 volt benefit even though I don't have an O2 number. That's why it's so cheap. When I called to renew they immediately asked for my O2 number once in the account to update the system. Didn't give it and did the renewal online instead as they where asking do I have O2 for the volt benefit.

But come next year/end of contract I'm going to be in for a good price increase as I cannot give them an O2 number. Only have VM in the area. Never really had any issues it's went down 2-3 times but was fixed quickly.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
For the first time in a year I'm experiencing some VM issues today, seems it's an area issue as I can see people in Bristol complaining, plus on our local Facebook group (outskirts of Gloucester/Cheltenham).

Edit, looks to be affecting Somerset, Bristol, general West/Southwest area. And it looks to be Google services. Great, my work use Google. :cry:

Last edited:
Associate
Ugh, talk about a nightmare for the past few days!

I was with VM Business on their 300/30 plan until last week when I upgraded to 800/80. Now until then we had been maxing out the plan getting exactly what we paid for, until the technician came out and installed the unit and now we only get 800/5 with drop outs.

Had another technician out yesterday and been on with their support team but still no further to fixing the issue, asked to cancel and revert back to the old plan that worked and was told that was not possible!

Can't believe just changing the service plan would cause so many issues!

Last edited:
Associate
As it is a new contract with new terms you can also cancel within that 14 days as that's what I did when they stuffed up a package change, unless business terms differ from retail?

EDIT - just saw post above, took a call in between possting, that'll teach me :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi there

This is the package we're currently on:

CoXRWgg.jpeg

As you can see the deal we're on expires in August. I would like to add the Formula One motor racing to my package and we would be quite happy to loose the landline as it's never used.

Does anyone know of any deals that would allow us to do this please?

Man of Honour
Does anyone know of any deals that would allow us to do this please?
Cancel and sign up as a new customer, or your partners name. You’ll have a day of no internet. Probably the cheapest offers are for new customer. Otherwise go through the cancellation process and actually cancel. Don’t accept any offers. Then before it’s cut off they’ll likely ring you from the retentions team and offer the better deals.

Back
Top Bottom