Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Virgin Media has clamped down on their free usenet service after some complete idiots started posting on the official Virgin Forums for help with how to connect to Usenet to download illegal movies. :rolleyes:

So many idiots in society. In fact the majority of society is dumb :(

Such a shame, their Usenet service was the fastest I've ever experienced. Provided by Highwinds.

Virgin Media has clamped down on their free usenet service after some complete idiots started posting on the official Virgin Forums for help with how to connect to Usenet to download illegal movies. :rolleyes:

So many idiots in society. In fact the majority of society is dumb :(

Such a shame, their Usenet service was the fastest I've ever experienced. Provided by Highwinds.
I gave up with VM's usenet years ago, once they started excluding popular groups. You're better off paying for a decent provider.

I'm amazed they still had any Usenet of their own still running. It's not going to be of any interest to the majority of their subscribers, and it has almost zero legitimate purpose.

Had first service fault since rejoining in November yesterday, Internet was off for around 4 hours due to a fault in the area, back up and running now.

Luckily I still had my second line installed so no downtime.

since 12am 23/01/17 I've been getting lost packets, on 24/01/18 it was fine then it happened again on 25/01/17. when it happens I'm unable to watch Netflix because it buffers badly, also webpages load slower. but whats weird is when i do a speedtest i get full speed

23/01/17
<

25/01/17

Check this bad boy.

6000811030.png

120Mbit connection... that's value right there.

Can someone give me a quick bit of advice on the Superhub 3.0 and port forwarding please?
Following this guide here about port forwarding:

You need to open up the following ports in both directions TCP & UDP:
3478-3480
6000-7000
10070-10080

Now my question is on the superhub I have the below options:

Local start port

Local end port

External start port

External end port

Protocol

Do I put port 80 for example in both the local and external ports along with both in the protocol to mirror that list above and open the ports?

And I take it I create a rule for each one of those ports listed above?

Yes.

So

Local IP = your PC local IP

Local start port = 80

Local end port = 80

External start port = 80

External end port = 80

Protocol = Both

6000 - 7000 obviously go in the start and end ports.

Yes I upgraded from 200Mb to 200Mb Gamer. You will probably be sent a hub3 unless you've strictly stated you want to keep the hub 2. I'd recommend keeping the hub 2...

Guess what turned up today?

rps20170127_191343_730.jpg

2AC is in limp mode whilst it downloads the latest software, but should be all good after that.

I'm looking forward to seeing my BQM tomorrow compared to the Hub 3 :p

I won't be upgrading my speed for a long time now, 200Mb is plenty for now. So 2AC will remain until VM have a new hub out that doesn't use Puma 6.

Has anyone tried the 200mb 'gamer' service? I'm going to be signing up to it hopefully and would be interested to hear any experiences of it! :)

Ive just had it installed.

Seems great so far after a few hours and four people all being on it doing stuff (gaming/YouTube/work)

Managed to download at 16Mbps too during all that.

Simple question - have just (self) installed a new Virgin TiVo box and realised I didn't put my Smart card in from my old box - everything still seems to work - Is the red Virgin card superfluous now please?

Thanks, Mel

Back
Top Bottom