Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Associate
Whats the best way to get Virgin TV in another room? if I wanted to have two V6 boxes, would I need a multi room subscription and run a RJ45 from the router?

Is there another/better way to do it?

Associate
Get my Virgin installed Friday, Super excited as at the moment i'm on 6mb avg and 0.5 up. and i've gone for the 300 mb full house package. Got it and a great price as i'm going half's.

Had the team out this morning and we discussed where the cables could go, Friday can't come quick enough!

Going from 6mb down and 0.5 up to 300 down and 20 up is going to be insane. Never had fibre i've been waiting a long long time for it. I can't wait!

Spoke to someone over the phone as after the 12 month contract the price goes up like by almost a extra £40.

He told me to call back a month before our contract runs out and they'll most likely get it cheaper than what we are going to be paying this year.

So far quite happy!

Associate
Virgin have now rolled out their wifi network of hotspots where it turns your superhub in to a hotshot for other virgin users, you have to log in to your VM account and opt out in your profile if you don't want this to happen.

Just a heads up.

Associate
IIRC, it also doesn't work if you're in modem mode, as the radios should be off.

I'm not sure if they do in modem mode, but I'm definitely sure I wouldn't trust them a single bit not to try and turn it on at some point even in modem mode so opting out was a no brainer for me :)

Soldato
Yeah, I'm sure I've opted out of this once or twice before when it was being marketed under a different name on the older hubs. As usual with VM, they rebadge things and then opt everyone in again "because it's not the same thing, it's new". They still say it takes up to four days to take you out of the public network though.

Soldato
Currently paying £50.18 for 150BB+M TV and talk weekends - on a monthly rolling conntract.
Had a chat to have a better deal/ to have player or Mix bundle but only offer was for £46 per month for Mix bundle - even that to increase after 6 months, on a 12 month contract.
I guess i have to cancel and get a new contract :(

Soldato
Virgin have now rolled out their wifi network of hotspots where it turns your superhub in to a hotshot for other virgin users, you have to log in to your VM account and opt out in your profile if you don't want this to happen.

Just a heads up.

Thanks, I just opted out. My router is in modem mode but I still don't trust them or anyone else.

Last edited:

C64

C64

Soldato
I have a tplink router and a tplink network switch.

Whats the issue with the superhub 3 in modem mode ? is it sharing the same ip address and the tplink or something like that causing it not to connect ? Ive had to swap back to the superhub 2 to post this as cannot get a connection on the new hub.

My router is set to 192.168.0.1
Superhub 3 is in modem mode

wont connect to the net is working fine on superhub 2

Soldato
Just upgraded to the 200 Gamer package - a SH3 is coming on Tuesday...

The bloke on the phone said that all the ping issues, modem only mode, etc... should work absolutely perfectly... I'm dubious?

Back
Top Bottom