Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Caporegime
Jesus Christ, Virgin must have the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. All I want to do is cancel my Internet as I'm going with a different provider.

I'm out of contract, I've told them over and over I'm going elsewhere where it's half the price for a faster connection, and yet they just won't give in. Spent 30 minutes with one guy trying his hardest to get me to stay by offering me deals £15 more expensive than my new contract (are you dumb?), then proceeds to tell me he can't cancel it anyway as he'll need to transfer me to someone else. Two people later, I'm back on hold again and they just simply won't let it go.

I don't know how they can do this job knowing how much they're purposely ******* people off for such simple requests. Just *****, the lot of them.

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Jesus Christ, Virgin must have the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. All I want to do is cancel my Internet as I'm going with a different provider.

I'm out of contract, I've told them over and over I'm going elsewhere where it's half the price for a faster connection, and yet they just won't give in. Spent 30 minutes with one guy trying his hardest to get me to stay by offering me deals £15 more expensive than my new contract (are you dumb?), then proceeds to tell me he can't cancel it anyway as he'll need to transfer me to someone else. Two people later, I'm back on hold again and they just simply won't let it go.

I don't know how they can do this job knowing how much they're purposely ******* people off for such simple requests. Just *****, the lot of them.
I agree as VM are the HARDEST one to cancel after finished the contract. I suggest everyone should COMPLAINTS to trading and standards, ofcom urgently!

Reactions: R3X
Associate
My wife cancelled our top package today. Actually went relatively smoothly.

Cancellations put up zero resistance to us leaving. Actually apologiesd for all the outages that my wife reeled off in the last few months from the various texts Virgin sent. My wife stopped retentions going anywhere saying whatever they offered she just wasn't interested. Roll on tomorrow and FTTP install.

My only gripe is that 30 days from now we are 2 days out of contract so we are being charged £115 and reimbursed, with a cheque, for the remainder of the month. Outrageous they don't just charge us for the 2 days of service with a final bill.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: R3X
Soldato
New install date is next Friday 16th.

Should have been last Friday 2nd but the guy turned up and realised they hadn’t even run a cable to the house….

Still no cable to the house, but a Kelly’s Communications van did turn up Monday and outline a small green square on the path outside our house, then left again.

:(

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Didn't have any such issues cancelling after like 100 years with them, they just said we can't match community fibre pricing and almost hanged up I just guessed they probably have so many cancellation and leaving request they just died from it all.

Have had several VM text to my mobile saying technical bb fault last 2 weeks now, but props to VM they repaired all faults within 30-60 minutes each time.

I am glad I skipped doing the song and dance routine just to get a better contract and just clicked on the hotuk deals offer, only nag was the 1 week down time of no bb, tv, landline but I used mobile data instead.

Back
Top Bottom