Virgin Media Speed Upgrades: FAQ

sargatanas said:
Anyone have any idea for the Glenrothes/fife area yet? Not on the schedule, and apparently when i phone them up, they dont know either. So i phoned up and got my next 3 months half price.

It's done mate. Was upgraded during the week, Tuesday or Wednesday I think. Try power cycling your modem.

On the Virgin page, I believe Glenrothes/Fife comes under the Edinburgh heading.

mparter said:
It's done mate. Was upgraded during the week, Tuesday or Wednesday I think. Try power cycling your modem.

On the Virgin page, I believe Glenrothes/Fife comes under the Edinburgh heading.

Thanks man, done it and got my speed boost :D. Don't get why we are listed under Edinburgh though. Wonder where places like Aberdeen are under there. :p

sargatanas said:
Anyone have any idea for the Glenrothes/fife area yet? Not on the schedule, and apparently when i phone them up, they dont know either. So i phoned up and got my next 3 months half price.
I got it last Friday, i rang them up to get it sorted out.

--Edit
just seen yir reply to that :)

mark35 said:
what number do u ring to get a new modem i have the 4100

Phone them up on the pay number and ask to get the call credited to your account. Any calls to them on that number are free as long as its VM's problem, you just have to remember to ask for themt o credit your account for the call as they wont remind you.
So i was informed on the cable forum :)

keep getting a error when i try and send the info
Software error:
Failed to connect to mail server: Illegal seek
at /opt/htdocs/allyours.virginmedia.com/cgi-bin/formactions/kanamail.pl line 1108

For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([email protected]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

im restricted to 4mb - 4.5mb now even tho I haven't downloaded anything today, any ideas?

this 3GB limit during peak times is crap, even when I have only just started to download something today!!

the network really cant handle the load at the minute, we have been upgraded here for a little while now (newcastle) and between a couple of friends i dont think any of them have seen a connection hit full 20mb download speed's as of yet.
and they are continuously complaining about caps for downloading at peak times wich they have not reached.
another thing not a lot of people realise is going on but the amount of packet loss is disgracefull, and is really making gaming a struglle in some scenarios, im not sure how bad this is in other areas would be nice to hear.

the network really cant handle the load at the minute, we have been upgraded here for a little while now (newcastle) and between a couple of friends i dont think any of them have seen a connection hit full 20mb download speed's as of yet.
and they are continuously complaining about caps for downloading at peak times wich they have not reached.
another thing not a lot of people realise is going on but the amount of packet loss is disgracefull, and is really making gaming a struglle in some scenarios, im not sure how bad this is in other areas would be nice to hear.

The network seems just fine here.

Back
Top Bottom