Vodafone Smart Ultra 6

Soldato
I got one ordered for collection in store later. The 50GB bonus data for a month made softened the blow of having to fork out £10 quid for the sim package - £109 all in. :)

It's my first ever smartphone so expect some dumb questions later... :p

Soldato
The Vodafone pay+collect service is a ****ing shambles. And internet speeds are woeful in my area. But I am happy with the phone and that's the main thing. I guess I shall have to create myself a paypal account and get this thing unlocked when my PAYG sim bundle runs out.

Soldato
my ultra 6 is not working properly.

now the app would close, to homepage as if the home button has been pressed. feels like somebody pressing the homepage button all the time.

i cleaned the screen with proper phone wiper and it still doing it.

anyone else got same problem?

Soldato
Software update released today.Anyone installed it yet ?

Just installing it now, its supposed to fix a numbet of bluetooth issues. The main one being that the phone goes imto silent mode after you dsable bluetooth and needs a restart to fix it. Not everyone had this issue but quite a number did.
Ill let you know how it goes

Updated fine. Haven't had chance to try bluetooth yet

Last edited:
Soldato
Installed also but I had no idea it was new because it was the first time I had connected to wifi since I bought it yesterday. :p

I was expecting some bigger updates because I thought it only shipped with 5.0 but it had 5.1.1 straight out of the box.

Associate
Thats very true
To be honest Marc is right. I've owned a Moto G and and S6 and they both have issues and quirks but I think for the price that the Smart 6 Ultra is you can let teh quirks slide as long as they don't have a major impact on it's functionality as it is a budget phone after all.

Anyway, if you really don't like it I suppose you could send it back :)

Soldato
To be honest Marc is right. I've owned a Moto G and and S6 and they both have issues and quirks but I think for the price that the Smart 6 Ultra is you can let teh quirks slide as long as they don't have a major impact on it's functionality as it is a budget phone after all.

Anyway, if you really don't like it I suppose you could send it back :)

I have not got one

Soldato
My Phone just kept going back to home screen when ever i clicked anything. Couldn't even restart it or turn it off as it would flick back to home screen before i could even do anything.

It rang my boss twice in the middle of the night. talking around 3AM and 5AM

Going onto apps and web pages on it own.

Final straw last night when it decided to make a phone call to a customer and it wouldn't cancel.

Was a good phone until it was updated. Its in 2 parts now :rolleyes:

Ended up ordereding a Galaxy S6 last night (£20 for 1000min,unlimited texts,2GB internet and the phone) which is just £5 more than i give giffgaff monthly, so a no brainer really.

Associate
My Phone just kept going back to home screen when ever i clicked anything. Couldn't even restart it or turn it off as it would flick back to home screen before i could even do anything.

It rang my boss twice in the middle of the night. talking around 3AM and 5AM

Going onto apps and web pages on it own.

Final straw last night when it decided to make a phone call to a customer and it wouldn't cancel.

Was a good phone until it was updated. Its in 2 parts now :rolleyes:

Ended up ordereding a Galaxy S6 last night (£20 for 1000min,unlimited texts,2GB internet and the phone) which is just £5 more than i give giffgaff monthly, so a no brainer really.

Why not take it back to where you bought it and get it fixed ? It's still under warranty

Back
Top Bottom