Vodafone Smart Ultra 6

Soldato
I got rid of mine, it was still working but had odd issues with the touch screen and sometimes would not respond.

Bought a cheap Huawei P8lite and unlocked it, the battery is not as good, but i do have Android MM on it and the camera is better.

Soldato
Got one of these yesterday to replace my HTC One M8. It's confirmed for me that my days of buying "premium" phones are over. the value of this phone is outstanding.

going to trawl the thread now for advice on the best case for it.

Soldato
Do vodafone offer trade-ins?

To be fair, it looks a very nice phone, and my main qualm with my SU6 is the lack of fingerprint scanner. For £300 though, i'd be buying something else to be honest.....

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone else have an issues with their touch screen?
It near impossible for me to get a p or q unless unless the phone landscape and when I do that I have to hit the space button dead center or else it picks up the letter above instead !!

Soldato
you can get apps to test screen response vs where you click, give one a go to see if you have a duff digitizer - it happens. It's not uncommon for this to be user fault though (you tend to click more to the centre of a device when going for an outlying key) so checking with the app can absolve you of this if you get it repaired and they claim PEBCAK etc...

Soldato
Its only recently started happening. Screen has had a slight crack for ages so I'm ruling that out. Only thing the bothers me is when you hold it direct light, it looks like you can almost see the glue all around the edge of screen or something which makes me think its bust. I'll try and get a photo of it later and will give one of the apps a go

Soldato
Download a screen test app where you draw on the screen and it traces your touch, clearly shows the screen is duff. Bottom half of the screen, about 16mm on the right hand side,10mm on the left side and a small patch just off center on the bottom of the screen.
Bought from amazon in August, would they take it back with a crack in the screen??

Soldato
They will say whatever you did to the screen probably damaged the digitizer (which is a very high chance) :( You could consider getting a replacement screen / digitizer and doing a repair, looks like about 25-30 quid on ebay.

Last edited:
Soldato
How long is the warranty on these? I can't seem to press the E/S/Z/, keys on my keyboard when typing. Can't see anything in the menu's about calibrating or anything like that. Assuming it needs to be sent away I'll have to reset it so it's locked to Vodafone, a factory reset does that right?

Cheers

Soldato
These show the state of my touch screen and the odd marking around the outside of the scree

IMG_20160628_185505.jpg
IMG_20160628_185328.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom