Voting for the same party

Associate
Would you still vote / be a member if they added a policy, for example, all women should stay at home and are not allowed to work? or everyone who works has to give all their money they earn to people who do not work?

WOuld you still ALWAYS vote for them ?

No if I didn't agree with the majority of what the party stands for I'd vote for another party. I can't see myself voting anything other than Conservative in the near future.

I'm not that stupid just to vote a political party because my parents, grand parents, great grandparents have voted that specific party.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well if you're that easily offended then that's your problem. I speak my mind. Doesn't mean you have to agree me but it also doesn't mean I should keep quiet because someone might get butt hurt by my opinions. :rolleyes:

Do you seriously fail to understand how calling people selfish or xenophobic because of their voting preferences is an insult?

Associate
OP
I'll never vote Conservative in a general election as I'm from the North of England and I was there during the '80s. The North Remembers.

I do vote Conservative in local elections though, and could see myself doing likewise in a European election

Labour are not the same labour of the 80's anymore, hence why they are trying to dissassociate themselves from the unions.

I grew up in the 80's, my mum was a single mother bringing up 2 children on her own whilst holding down a low paid job. We were much better off under a tory goverment than that of a labour one because she chose to work.

Obviously everyone had different stories to tell but that was 30 years ago, political parties are totally different to what they were. You should base your views on current events not what happened 30 years ago.

Soldato
I never called YOU a xenophobe. Please provide me with the quote where I personally addressed you as a xenophobe. I was making generalisations about voters. Generalisations, which generally are true. ;)

No need to get all technical. You said UKIP voters are Xenophobes. I am a UKIP voter, so therefore according to your 'generalisation', I am a Xenophobe.

Soldato
Do you seriously fail to understand how calling people selfish or xenophobic because of their voting preferences is an insult?

Yes I do actually, when many of those people are selfish or xenophobic. I'm just telling it like it is. I watch the news just like you and everyone else. Even our Prime Minister, David Cameron, referred to UKIP as closet racists. If he can speak his mind in public, then why the hell can't I ? Freedom of speech is an essential part of a free society. This means that people are going to express views that are different than yours. The mature thing to do, is not to throw your toys out of the pram and fake offense, but to respond with your views.

Soldato
On the contrary to many opinions here...

Conservatives have typically supported the Police (for whatever reason that might be - protecting the estates and persons in power?). This current one have just crapped on them from the highest height.

Labour was all about representing the lower class, Unions and non-working public - last government dealt some heavy blows which affected them more than the other classes concerning the recession, fuel prices etc, and allowing the manual trade industries (Steel, Chemical etc) to disappear off to India and China.

I've considered that Liberals have been the ones to appeal to minority groups - whether hippies, people who hate the system, immigrant, etc.

What i've seen now is that Libs have just fallen beyond all means of recovery, and Labour are trying to win over their voting populace - especially concerning the immigrant population (more migrants present, more vote Labour - EU is a big win for Labour in this regard).

Conservatives are looking after the upper Middle Class and the Higher Class of society - the people who will never really have difficulty with money or assets.

Nobody is representing the working public or lower Middle Class, which is the bulk of the working public I'd wager.

Caporegime
I never called YOU a xenophobe. Please provide me with the quote where I personally addressed you as a xenophobe. I was making generalisations about voters. Generalisations, which generally are true. ;)

I'll generalise and say most people who vote labour want other people better off than them to subsidise their lifestyle.

Selfish and jealous? Vote Labour...

We can all make sweeping generalisations about politics, we can all have different opinions about what "fair" is as well. Is it fair that just because someone makes more money they should pay a higher percentage of that in tax? They would already give more money in real terms with a flat rate (for example).

The idea of generalising based on current political views is awful, as is the idea of voting for one particular party all your life without actually deciding based on policy.

Don
Yes I do actually, when many of those people are selfish or xenophobic. I'm just telling it like it is. I watch the news just like you and everyone else. Even our Prime Minister, David Cameron, referred to UKIP as closet racists. If he can speak his mind in public, then why the hell can't I ? Freedom of speech is an essential part of a free society. This means that people are going to express views that are different than yours. The mature thing to do, is not to throw your toys out of the pram and fake offense, but to respond with your views.
He just did, he told you your offensive, freedom of speech and all that.

Soldato
I'll generalise and say most people who vote labour want other people better off than them to subsidise their lifestyle.

Selfish and jealous? Vote Labour...

We can all make sweeping generalisations about politics, we can all have different opinions about what "fair" is as well. Is it fair that just because someone makes more money they should pay a higher percentage of that in tax? They would already give more money in real terms with a flat rate (for example).

Couldn't agree more. I'm happy to be called selfish and jealous. Really doesn't bother me.

Caporegime
Don't know why i found this funny......So liberal you don't vote for a party with Liberal in it :p

The UK switches between overspending / throwing money about like there's no tomorrow (Labour) to got to save every penny / taxed up to the hilt (Conservative) with one party batting off the other every few elections.

It's sad, but it's true.

I always find it funny that labour supporters were so shocked that the Lib Dems may have some common ground with the Conservatives. Shock horror, Lib Dems are the middle ground party!

Soldato

Nobody is infringing your freedom of speech, just calling you out on your bull.

Soldato
It's sad, but it's true.

I always find it funny that labour supporters were so shocked that the Lib Dems may have some common ground with the Conservatives. Shock horror, Lib Dems are the middle ground party!

Manifestos are meaningless. The current coalition has highlighted how much worth you can place in these Wish Lists that they are using to attempt to win over the public. Lib Dems and Tories showed this beautifully - neither represented themselves true to their manifestos.

Caporegime

It's people like you that are the problem. The labour party aren't xenophobic, however many labour supporters are, moreso than many conservative supporters. There are reasons for that, such as immigration is supposed to affect the lower paid and lower skilled worker more than the higher paid, more skilled worker. The lower paid worker is more likely to vote labour, the higher paid more likely to vote conservative.

Those that keep voting Labour because "it's their party" don't realise their views don't align themselves with the party any more. It's one of the reasons UKIP got such a massive increase in votes this time round, from all sides.

You may be liberal and welcoming of immigration, doesn't mean every other labour supporter is...;)

Back
Top Bottom