• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VOUCHER CODE DEALS CONCEPT PLAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Thanks Dude, it was all best intentions stuff but sometimes these things get caught up! At least this this card is getting into the hands of an actual gamer! My mate is a musician, makes money by playing in bars, clubs etc. Hes pushing on 40 and this year has had to move back into the family home. We play pubg together a couple of times a week so hopefully we might stand a better chance of actually winning a game now :D

Ah man, now you've told me more about him, you really did do a great and kind thing. I bet that's cheered him right up :)

But yes, when he frags the bejeezus outta you now, you'll only have yourself to blame :D

Soldato
I'm late to the party, and not in the market for a GPU, but just to say kudos to @Gibbo and the rest of the OCUK team. This seems like a properly admirable effort to tackle an issue entirely not of your making.

</capdoff>

Associate
So essentially now refreshing the store is pointless, and we should just wait for the public codes on the forum if you're wanting to get a card?

Associate
Surely the forum bods can see both the age of peoples logins and whether they're active, by active I mean post from time to time.

I've been a member for years and prob read the forum once a day plus occasionally post if Its worth posting i.e not spamming the forum... This is a great idea but I fear for it once it comes on the main board....

Associate
Surely the forum bods can see both the age of peoples logins and whether they're active, by active I mean post from time to time.

I've been a member for years and prob read the forum once a day plus occasionally post if Its worth posting i.e not spamming the forum... This is a great idea but I fear for it once it comes on the main board....

If they could and it was easy to implement with their current systems, pretty sure they'd have done it. I work in IT for retail and systems sometimes can't do what one would think of as being 'relatively simple' or can't do it without compromising another more important feature. It's just the nature of the beast. But because retail stock moves quickly, systems where I work are more focused on keeping that stock moving and not crashing or going down when I'm on call :D

But OCUK have clearly thought about what is possible and what isn't to even come up with this idea and are working within the parameters their retail systems and forum software permit.

Associate
Soldato
Our public test next week will give us a good idea on how it could work for a launch because we expect people to leak the code and thus meaning we won’t do a public deal again but we will have tested it and collected data on it for potential future launches. However we have to think long term and bigger picture, we can’t become a private members club because we’d kill of our growth opportunities very fast and would impact the business negatively and that can never happen!

We shall then go back to private MM deals unless we can sort something like I suggested above about a new private forum with less criteria to gain access for forum members during these times of shortage.

We just gotta try things to try and satisfy everyone but I’m under no illusion we will never be able to please everyone and do what is right for the companies future to keep growing.
I think one thing is for sure though, bots and scalpers are here to stay and every new launch now will be riddled with them. Gonna have to come up with some crazy inventive ideas to combat it in the future.
Maybe some kind of pre order sign up queue system on MM atleast for big future architecture releases.

Soldato
Instead of voucher codes (there is no way you will find out who leaked as people don't use same names elsewhere) why not tie it who is eligible for free delivery and code your site to enable the discount there then only loyal forum members will get the deal and no worries about leakage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom