• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VOUCHER CODE DEALS CONCEPT PLAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I think I might have just been able to order a card. Payment is pending on my credit card, it's a few quid over what I would have wanted to pay but as the clown who smashed my motorbike out from under me 18 months ago will be paying for it once we settle, meh.

Soldato
Really really wanted to pull the trigger as the 3070 would be perfect for the wife but its just out of budget atm. I can't live with it... even had the card in the basket and at checkout.
if you dont mind paying extra or want latest and greatest at any price,or dont mind steppimg down from what you wanted or desperate, i would avoid the gpu market for ages yet.

Associate
:eek: depends if you are looking to kill me in my sleep or not :p

I think you did a good thing Vince, some people have had a terrible year. Those of us that haven't should count ourselves extremely lucky. If you just happened to work in the 'wrong' industry, you've had the worst year imaginable. But you sound like a top mate to have.

All those complaining about the post count thing, those rules have been in place for some time and as can be seen, OCUK have done a really good thing there and tried to supply actual gamers with cards. You're never gonna please everyone, they've just picked what they see as the best way with their current systems to do what they've done. At least they recognised that something different needed to happen and made it happen.

Soldato
Hardly any tbh. It's not as if they sold 10,000 cards. They literally put like 50 up yesterday and around the same today.
i knew of 50 yesterdays, havnt taken notice of todays cards, id rather still be able to visit the MM than make a few quid now, save a lot more buying from the MM over the years rather than £200 profit now

Associate
i knew of 50 yesterdays, havnt taken notice of todays cards, id rather still be able to visit the MM than make a few quid now, save a lot more buying from the MM over the years rather than £200 profit now

True. But peoples' greed knows no bounds.

I've got a couple of great items from the MM and sold a couple there too this year, it is a great place to pick up kit.

Caporegime

Point is if scalpers did get any it will have literally have been one or two. The vast majority will have went to legit buyers.

Also the one or two that did try and sell them on have already been caught and reprimanded. I'm shocked they didn't go full ban tbh and just temporary on the forum itself and permanently from mm only.

Man of Honour
I think you did a good thing Vince, some people have had a terrible year. Those of us that haven't should count ourselves extremely lucky. If you just happened to work in the 'wrong' industry, you've had the worst year imaginable. But you sound like a top mate to have.

All those complaining about the post count thing, those rules have been in place for some time and as can be seen, OCUK have done a really good thing there and tried to supply actual gamers with cards. You're never gonna please everyone, they've just picked what they see as the best way with their current systems to do what they've done. At least they recognised that something different needed to happen and made it happen.

Thanks Dude, it was all best intentions stuff but sometimes these things get caught up! At least this this card is getting into the hands of an actual gamer! My mate is a musician, makes money by playing in bars, clubs etc. Hes pushing on 40 and this year has had to move back into the family home. We play pubg together a couple of times a week so hopefully we might stand a better chance of actually winning a game now :D

Associate
Wouldn't it be great if voucher codes could be unique and emailed individually to members. Then, if one got posted externally somewhere, you'd know who to ban.

Too hard to do logistically, though.

Soldato
I failed to bag a 6700XT today. Was staggered to see them as showing in stock, but my trigger finger wasn't quick enough. Perhaps another day. . .

Quick enough on the £10,000 price tag ? It was open until all the cards sold..... you had plenty of time. What you didn't have of course was access to MM. Which is exactly why this should stay within MM.

Caporegime
Wouldn't it be great if voucher codes could be unique and emailed individually to members. Then, if one got posted externally somewhere, you'd know who to ban.

Too hard to do logistically, though.

What if their email got hacked? The current method is fine.

You can also only order one. So if someone does manage to pull a fast one it's only ever going to be a one off. They cannot buy from each drop.

Associate

Totally agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom