*** VR Deals Thread ***

Just noticed Star Wars Squadrons is like £8.74 for nearly 2 weeks.

Quite a hostile reception, but the Walking Dead Onslaught is on a deep dive for £8. Also another historical low, X Rebirth VR is only £10. Three games of decent quality worthy of the price.

is xrebirth vr easy to get into? I know I would love the full fat X games if I could just get into them but I tried with x1, 2 and 3 over the last 15 years or what ever and it just never sticks.

it will be even harder to get to grips in VR if it is anything like as complex.

is xrebirth vr easy to get into?

260 hrs in to the game. The gesture motion controls make the game, head tracked aiming if you want it too. The major downside was them deciding it needed to be a jack of all trades compromise product, both VR and flat screen support, hotas, motion control, that trips over itself occasionally. Very good because the 3D depth and scale all looks incredible with cap ships milling around and huge imposing stations, just be aware there's a bit of a learning curve to the game and you'll need to familiarize yourself with all the quick menus speed reticles for it all to blend together. Game takes a lot of hard knocks because it takes more than 5 minutes to figure everything out, but certainly very rewarding if you get in to it.

260 hrs in to the game. The gesture motion controls make the game, head tracked aiming if you want it too. The major downside was them deciding it needed to be a jack of all trades compromise product, both VR and flat screen support, hotas, motion control, that trips over itself occasionally. Very good because the 3D depth and scale all looks incredible with cap ships milling around and huge imposing stations, just be aware there's a bit of a learning curve to the game and you'll need to familiarize yourself with all the quick menus speed reticles for it all to blend together. Game takes a lot of hard knocks because it takes more than 5 minutes to figure everything out, but certainly very rewarding if you get in to it.
thanks. i have hovered over this one so many times over the years but the terrible reviews of the flat game put me off.

After progress on my go to space VR game Elite seems to have stalled it is finally time to try something else. i have to lol at steam tho. apparently this is nothing like other games i have played....... really? 1000s of hrs in elite, multiple other space games on my account with playtime on such as galaxy on fire, no mans sky and house of the dying sun....... is it REALLY not like anything i have played

(i will let it off the X games i have played as well as star lancer and freelancer as they were retail and not steam, as well as the 100s of hrs in privateer etc, as well as squadrons and rebel galaxy outlaw as on other store front...... but one way or another X rebirth VR is right up my street and have played over a dozen games in the genre many on steam!)

Last edited:
X rebirth VR is right up my street and have played over a dozen games in the genre many on steam!)

Where the X series excels is in it's everything approach. Empire building, the ability to setup trade syndicates, building up huge capital war machines, and all the fun of either manually tasking yourself or automating the process. Combat can be awesome too, the 360 space iron man gesture control approach use of the motion controls cut through enemy fodder like lightning, and make it incredibly easy to barrel roll and strafe enemy capitals to disable them and form massive captured capital fleets.

If you can handle the indie approach, then look up Evochron Legacy SE. Made by a one man army, fully supports VR, HOTAS control, and looks great in a headset. Sale price is £15 i think, but worth it if you can handle all of the above.

Just noticed Star Wars Squadrons is like £8.74 for nearly 2 weeks.

Quite a hostile reception, but the Walking Dead Onslaught is on a deep dive for £8. Also another historical low, X Rebirth VR is only £10. Three games of decent quality worthy of the price.
Wow squadrons for £8 is a steal, worthy of an instant buy at that price imo!!

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/...rce=Humble+Bundle+Newsletter&utm_medium=email

VR Humble Deal

£13.75 for:

Vacation Simulator
Pistol Whip
Ragna Rock
After the Fall 25% off voucher
Power Beats
Traffic Jams
Down the Rabbit Hole
Propagation VR Co-Op
Vanishing Realms

I already have Pistol Whip - it's worth it for that alone. Anyone played any of the others (after the fall / propagation excluded (I've already played the free version or Propagation and no desire for co-op)?

Last edited:
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/...rce=Humble+Bundle+Newsletter&utm_medium=email

VR Humble Deal

£13.75 for:

Vacation Simulator
Pistol Whip
Ragna Rock
Power Beats
Traffic Jams
Down the Rabbit Hole
Propagation VR Co-Op
Vanishing Realms

I already have Pistol Whip - it's worth it for that alone. Anyone played any of the others (after the fall / propagation excluded (I've already played the free version or Propagation and no desire for co-op)?
Damn that's a great deal! Have most of those that I would care about but especially for newcomers that's a steal

VR Humble Deal

£13.75 for:

Vacation Simulator
Pistol Whip
Ragna Rock
Power Beats
Traffic Jams
Down the Rabbit Hole
Propagation VR Co-Op
Vanishing Realms

Shame it looks like you have to redeem them on steam :(

Think i need them on the oculus store for standalone play

Back
Top Bottom