*** VR Deals Thread ***

Soldato
Most likely why there so cheap

They are so cheap because they are mostly older games and Humble Bundle work with developers to bring these deals for charity.

Steam really needs to get some there VR games to work standalone

Steam is a store, they don't develop games. Never mind that's it on a completely different platform to the Quest 2.

It's up to the game developers to develop their games for the Quest 2.

Soldato
Steam is a store, they don't develop games.
It's up to the game developers to develop their games for the Quest 2.

valve own steam and they certainly used to make games before they managed to create almost a monopoly on the PC game front and realised it was easier to just take a 30% cut for the privalidge of being on steam. even now they still have the mind share of many pc gamers but imo it's no coincidence that the likes of Epic really taking off that they started making games again with HLA and I believe there are a few more games in the pipe as well .

humble bundles sometimes have other keys in there, there has been a few origin bundles, at least.one Unisoft bundle and almost certain there was an oculus one as.well...... steam is the most common however as they are by far the biggest PC player.

there have also been console humble bundles but they dont tend to be valid for the UK unfortunately.

until valve release a standalone headset they are not going to make stand alone games however.some people believe it is possible the valve handheld may be the 1st step towards valve releasing a stand alone VR headset. possible I suppose but I would be nervous buying one if it was for standalone . valve do not have a great record for standing by their hardware.

Soldato
Fanatical have an excellent Quest 2 Build your own bundle deal:

3 for £18.69, 5 for £27.99 and 9 for £46.69

What's more, they're all pretty good, and some are recent games:

Includes:
Swarm
Zero Caliber Reloaded
Death Horizon Reloaded
A Fisherman's Tale
Puzzling Places
Down the Rabbit Hole
Puzzle Bobble VR
Mare
Wands
Prison Boss VR
Traffic Jams
Accounting+
Electronauts
Star Shaman

Soldato
i think starwars vr titles are discounted early on oculus store.
Yep, and they're all worth buying.

Vader Immortal is a great interactive story - not really a full game, except for the Light Saber Dojo which is a fun and challenging experience, and can be good exercise too.

Tales from the Galaxy's Edge released in an uncomplete state and was initially a bit 'meh', but the DLC massively improved the game with lots of new gameplay mechanics and some really cool side missions.

Star Wars Pinball has 10 tables and they're all excellent and there's a lot of environmental animations that play during the games. Also has a home environment you can decorate with unlockables.
The game was criticised for being blurry at launch, but I bought it last night and thought it looked great - they've now added a high resolution option.

Soldato
Yep, and they're all worth buying.

Vader Immortal is a great interactive story - not really a full game, except for the Light Saber Dojo which is a fun and challenging experience, and can be good exercise too.

Tales from the Galaxy's Edge released in an uncomplete state and was initially a bit 'meh', but the DLC massively improved the game with lots of new gameplay mechanics and some really cool side missions.

Star Wars Pinball has 10 tables and they're all excellent and there's a lot of environmental animations that play during the games. Also has a home environment you can decorate with unlockables.
The game was criticised for being blurry at launch, but I bought it last night and thought it looked great - they've now added a high resolution option.

I've got some store credit to use and even though I don't really know anything about them, I am tempted to pick up the Tales from the Galaxy's Edge package and Star Wars Pinball.

Underboss
Steam summer Sale
Pavlov VR down to £7.79

list (but theres more)

inc HL Alyx

Boneworks
– $23.99 (from $29.99, 20% off)

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
– $14.99 (from $59.99, 75% off)

The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners
– $31.99 (from $49.99, 20% off)

Star Wars: Squadrons
– $14.79 (from $39.99, 63% off)

No Man’s Sky
– $29.99 (from $59.99, 50% off)

Population: One
– $20.99 (from $29.99, 30% off)

Pavlov VR
– $14.99 (from $24.99, 40% off)

Phasmophobia
– $11.89 (from $13.99, 15% off)

Superhot VR
– $14.99 (from $24.99, 40% off)

Pistol Whip
– $17.49 (from $24.99, 30% off)

Eleven Table Tennis
– $9.99 (from $19.99, 50% off)

The Room VR: A Dark Matter
– $20.09 (from $29.99, 33% off)

Until You Fall

Elite Dangerous
– $7.49 (from $29.99, 75% off)

Fallout 4 VR
– $17.99 (from $59.99, 70% off)

Onward

Trover Saves The Universe
– $14.99 (from $29.99, 50% off)

Underboss
Humble Bundle have a VR bundle available again. Not sure about the games in it, but for a tenner seems worth a punt.

oh wow, you got 3 decent games there i think

Until You Fall (i want this one)
Super Hot (VERY good)
I expect you to die is supposed to be good

and you got Sirento

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom