*** VR Deals Thread ***

Soldato
What genre do you enjoy? And then try everything anyway :D. I'm not a huge fan of FPS games on a PC, but in VR they are very different and I do enjoy them quite a bit. It's completely different experience.

Pretty much anything tbh. Both me and my wife will be using it, not doubt grandchildren. Thanks

so many good games.... do you have a gaming PC? if so there are even more.

standalone ..... beat saber, already mentioned walk about mini golf, in death unchained, the climb 2, Asguards wrath 2 , eleven table tennis, arizona sunshine is not a bad start with a range of genres.

(i am missing out loads).

also makes a very good movie viewer - doubly so for 3D movies if you use one of the cinema apps.

DONT FORGET TO GET A REFERAL before you set up your account.... you and your friend will get £23 of credit for use.

I've just been messaged about a referral already. Thanks :)

I'll check out those games. Thanks.

Someone mentioned Half Life Alyx as being worthy of consideration...?

Soldato
It's not worthy of consideration, it's an absolute must play if you have the PC to run it. In my opinion, it is by a long way the best PC VR game I have played.

Does that game ever come on offer...?

I have a 4080 with a 14700k. So, should be ok..?

Any ideas, anyone please, regarding USB 3 type connection cable to buy..?

Thanks again.

Soldato
Someone mentioned Half Life Alyx as being worthy of consideration...?
it is arguably the best vr game ever made. (i am biased but i will still take Elite Dangerous for me tho) but it is pcvr only so you need a gaming pc to run it.

edit... you have a pc. yes it is usually discounted for around £17 in all the sales.

as for USB, you dont need to buy the rip off official one but you do need a decent one. I just got my cable from rainforest, a 5m one which was sold as a vr cable with good reviews for around the £25-£30 mark. you need usb c one side to go in your headset, the other side it depends on your pc but probably USB... A is it (the standard socket).

many motherboards come with usb c sockets as well tho so........................

depending on your wifi you can also use wireless...... i personally choose the cable for all seated stuff however as i can push the settings a bit more.

in which case tho
Elite Dangerous
Half Life Alyx
Dirt rally2
Assetto corsa
MSFS 2020
Lone echo
Asguards wrath 1
kayak VR

are all must have titles if the genres interest you.

Last edited:
Associate
I have a 4080 with a 14700k. So, should be ok..?

Any ideas, anyone please, regarding USB 3 type connection cable to buy..?

Should be more than enough, I used to play on a 2070 super.

If it were me i'd try steam link first, it's free and playing wireless especially something like Half Life Alyx is just soooo much better. If you do get more into seated games, Driving sims, Elite etc.. then a cable is a better option as you can get better visual clarity, but for me Steam link is good enough for all games.

I play AMS2 in the OCUK VR driving group ( edit: thread here https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/ocuk-vr-sim-racing-thread.18981170/) and I find wireless is more than good enough.

Last edited:
Soldato
Should be more than enough, I used to play on a 2070 super.

If it were me i'd try steam link first, it's free and playing wireless especially something like Half Life Alyx is just soooo much better. If you do get more into seated games, Driving sims, Elite etc.. then a cable is a better option as you can get better visual clarity, but for me Steam link is good enough for all games.

I play AMS2 in the OCUK VR driving group ( edit: thread here https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/ocuk-vr-sim-racing-thread.18981170/) and I find wireless is more than good enough.

Steam link....another thing I'll now need to look at. Lol...! Thanks

Soldato
So, if I succumb and buy a quest 3 now (currently owning a Rift S), where do I stand with the VR games I already own?

The games I have on Steam I will retain - but have to play from the PC via Steam Link or cable?
The games I have on Meta - will I keep them and continue using the same account? But would those have to be used via the PC too? Or can they then be installed on the headset?

Presumably, any VR game I might want to play elsewhere (e.g. on holiday), I need to own on Meta and have installed on the headset itself.

Beat Saber - am I better owning on PC so it can be more easily modded? But the game cries out to be played with no wires!

Soldato
So, if I succumb and buy a quest 3 now (currently owning a Rift S), where do I stand with the VR games I already own?

The games I have on Steam I will retain - but have to play from the PC via Steam Link or cable?
The games I have on Meta - will I keep them and continue using the same account? But would those have to be used via the PC too? Or can they then be installed on the headset?

Presumably, any VR game I might want to play elsewhere (e.g. on holiday), I need to own on Meta and have installed on the headset itself.

Beat Saber - am I better owning on PC so it can be more easily modded? But the game cries out to be played with no wires!

Steam retain, using cable, airlink, steamlink, or pay for virtual desktop.

Meta - should keep them, but they're going to be PCVR, there's a chance some of them are crossbuy and have standalone versions and then you could install them on the headset too.

Soldato

Beat Saber - am I better owning on PC so it can be more easily modded? But the game cries out to be played with no wires

Worst case is that you use the Quest 3 with a USB cable. But you should be able to get it working wirelessly with your PC, which is a much better experience for standing/moving games.

As Unseul said, some Meta games are cross platform, so if you bought them on PC you may be able to install them direct on the Quest 3.

There are also a lot of VR conversions of older PC games that you can install on the Quest 3 (check out Dr Beef).

Once installed on the headset, you should be able to play it wherever you have the room.

Soldato
Does Resident Evil 4 VR for the Quest 3 ever come on sale or is the £30 it is going for the typical going rate..? Maybe I missed it in this thread, but can't seem to see it noted about being on sale..?

Thanks

Soldato
Does Resident Evil 4 VR for the Quest 3 ever come on sale or is the £30 it is going for the typical going rate..? Maybe I missed it in this thread, but can't seem to see it noted about being on sale..?

Thanks
i cant comment on whether its ever on sale however i can say that periodically Meta will send you 30% off codes into your inbox...... these can be used on any title on the store - sadly not DLC however and not titles which are already discounted in a sale.

so, keep an eye on that..... that way, if it ends up in a sale then you are quids in , and if not you can get it 30% off anyway. I am in a similar boat - either for resident evil VR or for Asgards wrath 2. i am not in a rush for either of them (tho some of my credit expires in december so need to use it before then) so which ever is reduced 1st i will pick up

Soldato
i cant comment on whether its ever on sale however i can say that periodically Meta will send you 30% off codes into your inbox...... these can be used on any title on the store - sadly not DLC however and not titles which are already discounted in a sale.

so, keep an eye on that..... that way, if it ends up in a sale then you are quids in , and if not you can get it 30% off anyway. I am in a similar boat - either for resident evil VR or for Asgards wrath 2. i am not in a rush for either of them (tho some of my credit expires in december so need to use it before then) so which ever is reduced 1st i will pick up

Thanks. Yes, not in a rush hour in a rush to spend the £23 credit for the new headset. Not sure if that expires.?
Just somewhat very interested in that title to play, could use that credit to help to do so.
I wasn't sure if it ever came on sale.

NMS should also work ok, already own that.
Asgards is another one to watch.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom