Wakeboard Season is Almost Upon Us!

Man of Honour
thanks for that

I'm going to head over to jb for another boat ride sometime in the next few days so I will talk to them about the cable then. Cheers

Soldato
OP
The new Nottingham cable is awesome for anyone that's interested. They've got two system 2.0's for beginners which means the new cable is free for everyone else to ride. It's much bigger than it used to be and some of the new obstacles are fun :D

Tried to dial a 360 for the first time when I went last week. Got the rotation but forgot to pass the handle behind my back. Doh :/

Soldato
The new Nottingham cable is awesome for anyone that's interested. They've got two system 2.0's for beginners which means the new cable is free for everyone else to ride. It's much bigger than it used to be and some of the new obstacles are fun :D

Tried to dial a 360 for the first time when I went last week. Got the rotation but forgot to pass the handle behind my back. Doh :/

on the kicker or fun box? If you can do quick 3's (or even 7's) then its exactly the same movement. I had 7's on the funbox at sheffield dialled...then without thinkin about it got a 3 on the kicker first time. Its all about being comfortable with the moment...and tackling the fear factor. you can do it!!

I went to look at the notts cable a few weeks back. Im a bit miffled why the decided to have 3 toe side kickers...? why not 2:1? or 2 on the heel side which the majority of people are strongest? Still, cant wait to hit the that A-frame...looks smooth as.

Soldato
A couple of my mates have been wakeboarding out of pwllheli for the last couple of weeks.

But they are mad. One was in shorts and t-shirt

Soldato
I tried doing this last year on the cable near bedford (box end) I think I was there for 2 hours and I never even got the chance to try the board, I just couldn't do the sodding kneeling board thing. I kept sinking :( now I'm not fat but I weight 13.5st

Took me pretty much the full 2 hrs to even get off the platform (they had to sink it in the end). After finally getting going I crashed out and smashed my face causing a nose bleed.

Made me laugh... awesome fun and I can't wait to try it again. Any guidance guys?

Soldato
OP
I tried doing this last year on the cable near bedford (box end) I think I was there for 2 hours and I never even got the chance to try the board, I just couldn't do the sodding kneeling board thing. I kept sinking :( now I'm not fat but I weight 13.5st

Took me pretty much the full 2 hrs to even get off the platform (they had to sink it in the end). After finally getting going I crashed out and smashed my face causing a nose bleed.

Made me laugh... awesome fun and I can't wait to try it again. Any guidance guys?

Duck down lower and lean back. Try harder to take the strain when the cable yanks you at the start. Your hitting the water too nose heavy with too much weight on your knees.

Soldato
Just ordered a new board. Liquid Force Witness Grind. Anyone ridden one?

Classic board, cant go wrong. Very popular.

The grid base is tailored towards the people hitting obstacles. Makes it a bit stiffer and durable than the normal witness. Good for both boat and cable. havent riden one however. :rolleyes:

After a new pair of boots. thinking of going hyperlite teams or LF Watsons...depends on whats instock and my size. Had a pair of Ronix ones but there so hard to get in-out.

Man of Honour
Classic board, cant go wrong. Very popular.

The grid base is tailored towards the people hitting obstacles. Makes it a bit stiffer and durable than the normal witness. Good for both boat and cable. havent riden one however. :rolleyes:

After a new pair of boots. thinking of going hyperlite teams or LF Watsons...depends on whats instock and my size. Had a pair of Ronix ones but there so hard to get in-out.

I figured since I live near thorpe and princes the grind base would be a good bet. Bough a 2010 to get £80 or so off (and because it matches my bindings better :p )

Man of Honour
...depends on whats instock and my size. Had a pair of Ronix ones but there so hard to get in-out.

I bought some O'brien bindings on ebay a while back - got in them ok (with the help of a mate and some fairy liquid;)) but couldn't for the life of me get out of them. Ended up actually taking them apart sitting on the swim platform with a screwdriver!

Man of Honour
So had my first cable session yesterday. Enjoyed it.

Was riding a horrible hire board (and wasn't allowed to try the sliders.) Should have my own board next weekend and going to do the kickers and sliders approval jobbie. Did you do that at JB kiteloopy? If so, what's the form?

Soldato
Duck down lower and lean back. Try harder to take the strain when the cable yanks you at the start. Your hitting the water too nose heavy with too much weight on your knees.

The strain wasn't the issue I'm heavy because of going down the gym so I could hold on. I felt the issue was that the people kept telling me to lean forward.... once I stopped listening to them I got off fine :rolleyes:

Soldato
So had my first cable session yesterday. Enjoyed it.
Did you do that at JB kiteloopy? If so, what's the form?

Nice one! I had my first session after my injury at boxend on Sat. Good to be back but it was sketchy as. My foots not 100% so the Skate session hurt and doing any kind of press/tweaks on the sliders was painful.

I pretty much just showed them the bottom of my board: worked as a 'get out of doing the course free card' :p;). I still had to fill out a questionaire at the desk, questions like "what do you do when...xyz".

Doing the course can only be a good thing.

Soldato
Tried a Raliey, landed nose first and fell on my foot. I had them dialed a few days before i did it...then tried it a few days later in a 'angry' mood and messed it all up.

Ive a real hatred for inverts. Sliders are my thing.

Soldato

ha, not really.

I didn’t know id broken it at first (big fracture as apposed to a break). Just felt a small 'thud' and it didn’t hurt (first bone ive broken). I actually went back out for a few more laps. Only that evening when it swelled up x3-4 times the size as it normally is that I though 'somethin aint right here'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom