Wakeboard Season is Almost Upon Us!

Soldato
Dammit reading this thread is tempting me to book a 30 min boat session at box end. I really want to learn how to board so I can progress to kite surfing....

Soldato
can you already fly depower kites?

Got to admit I've never tried flying depower kites but I have got my 4.5m ozone cult that I've been flying for about 3 years now and am very comfortable with. I've already got a harness just looking for a decent setup and some spare cash (currently the main problem)

Man of Honour
Got to admit I've never tried flying depower kites but I have got my 4.5m ozone cult that I've been flying for about 3 years now and am very comfortable with. I've already got a harness just looking for a decent setup and some spare cash (currently the main problem)

cool

Having just sold my frenzies having not used them for a few years I've reminiscing about kiting a bit! There isn't time to do every sport/hobby I guess. Get yourself out wakeboarding, you won't regret it.

Soldato

An appreciation that mother nature isn’t kind is all you need before you learn. Still get lessons tho, that is a MUST! I’ve seen people rock up and try to learn by their own with nasty results.

Still, kiteboard thread for this stuff... ;):p

Off to princes tonight. First time ive been there, but apparently they floodlit the lake until 10pm.

Soldato
An appreciation that mother nature isn’t kind is all you need before you learn. Still get lessons tho, that is a MUST! I’ve seen people rock up and try to learn by their own with nasty results.

Still, kiteboard thread for this stuff... ;):p

Off to princes tonight. First time ive been there, but apparently they floodlit the lake until 10pm.

I know don't worry a good friend of mine from school run's a kite shop and is a fully qualified instructor.

I learnt quite quickly with my kite about right and wrong, being pulled off your feet and going flying about 10 metres in under a second will do that for you... :D

Wakeboarding for me has always been the platform to spring forward to kite surfing from. I have enough hobbies photography, golf, snowboarding, kite flying, gym etc drives the gf nuts but she understands :)

I'm not good at sitting still.

Man of Honour
Had two boat tows over the weekend and it was really worthwhile. Have ironed out a lot of what I was doing wrong (mostly not extending well off the wake, allowing my knees to suck up some of the launch and losing some tension as I hit the wake) and getting much more consistent in wake to wake jumps.

Man of Honour
Anyone shopped with wakempire before? I have and never again, bedroom business at its very worse. Selling stuff that is out of stock, slow to respond, no way of phoning them. yawm, you've been warned

Man of Honour
what did you try to get?

Went to princes last night...mouth full of flies. horrible.

Witness grind, ordering one from somebody else today. I ordered one originally from them 2 weeks ago and when I chased 5 days later as no board, they said they didn't have stock and offered me a used one in 'great' condition but with some normal slider wear for less money. I accepted that and when it arrived it had real damage to it. Normal slider wear, which is fine, but then a lateral raised ridge about 6 inches across the width of the board (looked like some sort of impact had damaged it internally pressing the base out).

It's gone back. Now to wait 5-7 days for a paypal refund:rolleyes:

Soldato
Give the sites a call...Tenfeethigh, Boxend...JBski.

They may have small online shops but they do have shops on site. No doubt they have some stock to get rid of. Much more reputable then any other place really.

Failing that, s2as are a really good online shop. They are the importer of slingshot so they might have some stuff to shift.

Man of Honour
Give the sites a call...Tenfeethigh, Boxend...JBski.

They may have small online shops but they do have shops on site. No doubt they have some stock to get rid of. Much more reputable then any other place really.

Failing that, s2as are a really good online shop. They are the importer of slingshot so they might have some stuff to shift.

those slingshot boards look great and not too expensive. Have you ridden one? Bases look pretty simple compared to other boards.

edit: ignore just found and ordered a 2010 witness grind in my size with a reasonable discount and from bargain boards who I've used in the past for snow stuff. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
those slingshot boards look great and not too expensive. Have you ridden one? Bases look pretty simple compared to other boards.

edit: ignore just found and ordered a 2010 witness grind in my size with a reasonable discount and from bargain boards who I've used in the past for snow stuff. :)

Ive got one ;)

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=19086000&postcount=5

The edges are lipped so you wont dent the rails which is crucial for me.

Yea, ive herd of bargainboards, nice purchase.

Soldato
OP
Yea I went with my house mates after exams had finished last week. Good times :D

Didn't get that much good footage but it was still fun

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Im guessing that your the guy in the yellow helmet???

you know whats next dont you???? ....you see those big blue things??? :)

Yea I've done the table top and kickers plenty of times but I don't have my own board so had to use rental gear (Normally use Uni wake club gear). Thought I might be able to get away with it but the first thing I was told was no obstacles :(

Still not gotten over nailing myself on a rail snow boarding so have avoided them on a wake board ha

Back
Top Bottom