Warhammer 40,000: SPACE MARINE 2

I still don't get people saying the campaign is short or too short. 8-10 hours for a single player story mode used to be normal and fine.

I've not got time these days for 25+ hour games. Even 10 hours usually takes me a while to get through with not having loads of time for gaming.
exactly this, and then if we add souls like game play people moan they never progress the story. Can't win right :cry:

I'm really struggling to get excited about this game. Just been watching a few streamers playing it today...it looks beautiful graphically, but teh gameplay just looks....boring?

Its a lot of....go over there then slash and shoot some enemies, then go over there and do the same, then go over there....and then its done. I can't really see the appeal sadly? Looks very samey.

Last edited:
Sorry this may have been asked but anyone know if this has matchmaking for the co-op pve? I’ve seen different sites say different things. Really want to get this but only going to have limited appeal if no matchmaking once the campaign is done.

I'm really struggling to get excited about this game. Just been watching a few streamers playing it today...it looks beautiful graphically, but teh gameplay just looks....boring?

Its a lot of....go over there then slash and shoot some enemies, then go over there and do the same, then go over there....and then its done. I can't really see the appeal sadly? Looks very samey.
Isn't that almost every video game ever.

I think if you are someone who enjoyed Vermintide 2, Helldivers 2 or Remnant 2 and games of that sort then you'll enjoy Space Marine 2, as its the same genre but in Warhammer skin. If those co-op shooters didnt appeal then I dont think that Space Marine 2 will appeal either

I think if you are someone who enjoyed Vermintide 2, Helldivers 2 or Remnant 2 and games of that sort then you'll enjoy Space Marine 2, as its the same genre but in Warhammer skin. If those co-op shooters didnt appeal then I dont think that Space Marine 2 will appeal either

I know someone who's had access to the game for a while and claims they've put a few hundred hours in. The replayability is definitely there if these kinds of games are your jam.

6hrs feels a little short. 10hrs is the sweet spot for me personally. That's generally 2 long game sessions to enjoy it or a weekend marathon day.

The PvE side I can't see being as repayable as Helldivers 2 though. The missions tie intonthe story so they still linear rather than like a giant arena map meaning they will get even more quickly repetitive.

I'm going to love the game when it becomes free on gamepass or super cheap key but yeah. No need to rush into it. If they can make the new PvE missions be similar to more open world multiple objectives similar to helldivers I can 100% see myself replaying it for a long time with mates.

Please, for the love of all that is good in the universe, can we do away with this console infection of having to hold a key to interact with something. Its the single biggest thing I hate in game UIs, I've got a shiny keyboard, let me just press a key once to open a box/door/interact/pickup, without having to hold the key down

(Unless I've missed an option to disable that)

Your serious that's a disgusting price for a video game. £30 max is my limit especially one that can be finished in a weekend.
Are you for real? You not been around gaming before? The standard price for the basic version is £60. Most new games are £45-70 these days. Especially on consoles. Have you even looked on Steam?

I mean I paid £60 for games back on the SNES etc.

Bit I mostly wait these days to buy games on sale.

Are you for real? You not been around gaming before? The standard price for the basic version is £60. Most new games are £45-70 these days. Especially on consoles. Have you even looked on Steam?

I mean I paid £60 for games back on the SNES etc.

Bit I mostly wait these days to buy games on sale.
Don't know where you been shopping and I come from the Amiga days.

Cdkeys do excellent sales worth waiting on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom