Warhammer 40,000: SPACE MARINE 2

Had a hour or so on it, plays very smooth even with a screen full of enemies, only thing letting it down so far is the servers struggling to keep up to let you group up to play together.

I've played a few hours tonight, it's really good :)

At first I thought the controls were awkward and I couldn't get used to them but a little practice and it makes sense. Performance is really good and the grapgics are excellent, not seen any issues even with hundreds of things running around. I'm just playing on "normal" and based on that I'd imagine the harder modes are solid.

Really disappointed though that there is not ultrawide support, I moaned about it prior release and it is really annoying.
There are issues with the servers though, been disconnected a few times doing co-op but hopefully by the time I finish the campaign that will be sorted.

I'm seeing lots of complaints of very high CPU temperatures while playing this. I haven't noticed it myself - my 7950X3D sits right about where it normally does when playing a modern game - but some people do seem to be having odd issues.

Player it earlier with my mate for an hour or so, and it is great fun. We did the campaign.

I have an ultra wide monitor though, so it was pretty crap playing it with two very large black bars either side!

Games runs and looks great on the 4090, running around 100FPS at 60% GPU using Native/Ultra settings, but the controls are horrid, remapping some functions to my mouse.

I'm seeing lots of complaints of very high CPU temperatures while playing this. I haven't noticed it myself - my 7950X3D sits right about where it normally does when playing a modern game - but some people do seem to be having odd issues.
My 5950X is sitting around 82c, game is using all the cores and package is around 30% at a glance.

I'm running a 7800X3D, 4090 and haven't seen any high temps on either, just the usual gaming temps.

Also I just managed to get a full game in online with no disconnects so hopefully they're sorting that side.

I've played 90 minutes and it seems decent, but as per AStaley's post above, the mouse controls need some serious remapping before they feel "right". Technically it's fine, I guess, though it isn't exactly pushing the boundaries.

What a bunch of clowns, bought this from shopto.net, specificially one of the editions with early access and they've still not delivered my key.

Edit: it's now showing up as sold out on their site flip sake

Last edited:
Don't know where you been shopping and I come from the Amiga days.

Cdkeys do excellent sales worth waiting on.
Then you know very much games even in the 90s was £40-50 for consoles and £30 for PC side generally. That is 30yrs ago. To suggest £40-50 is outrageous is silly. To add that console games are £60-£70 standard now. Sure CD Keys and such are cheaper, they also not always kosha etc from where they come from and often the devs don't get monies or a lot of it from a sale so doesn't help them in same way as official sales.

Your serious that's a disgusting price for a video game. £30 max is my limit especially one that can be finished in a weekend.
I'm afraid you're right to be called out on this, check out inflation from any era you like and I think you'll be surprised to see how things have changed. For instance, even the well regarded good pricing of a late Ps2 era game @ £30 is £50+ in today's money. Its not like campaigns have shortened significantly either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom