Warhammer 40,000: SPACE MARINE 2

10 hours for myself and a friend to finish it on Angel of Death, though we got bugged on that lift bit with the chains. Neither of us could pick up ammo or stims, and the enemies were able to shoot us through cover. We just knocked it down to normal for that bit after an hour of almost doing it a number of times.

We were both very satisfied with the campaign. Lots of cool moments.

Think I'm done for now, managed to put about 25 hours in which is a pretty respectable number these days. The combat stuff did come together for me in the end, it made the last couple of missions feel really enjoyable with how the spectacle was ramped up as well. There's still moments where I've no idea if I'm doing something wrong though and 90% of your health bar disappears.

Thought the campaign was great, just a real old school feeling game with minimal fluff and plenty of details/easter eggs for the more dedicated fans. I think my only complaint is the same that's been echoed in some reviews in that the pacing suffers a bit with the trips up and down the elevators on the battle barge, or random cuts to a new area during a mission, not so bad if you do a mission at a time, but more apparent on longer sessions.

Operations are ok, it feels more like a side campaign than a real repeatable PvE mode, there needs to be a lot more missions/variety before it will truly feel like a go back to game, horde mode will be perfect for this when it eventually arrives, maybe even a versus mode like L4D with some players thrown in as Chaos Marines or something. Progression I wasn't really feeling until I went back to do some easier missions for more green armoury points and was significantly more effective than my team mates, think I had two games on the trot where I got 600+ kills to their 100 each, I only levelled heavy though as it looks like it's going to be quite the slog to rank up every class/weapon.

Is it not possible to host a private session?

Played the game at the weekend and the two of us were always joined by a BOT marine, which was fine.

Today, random players are always joining our game!

Were we just lucky at the weekend? I can't find any setting to make the session/lobby private/friends only!!!

Completed the campaign at the weekend, very enjoyable old school story telling!

Only had 1 crash which was due to me updating my AMD drivers, updated them to the preview driver which stated it had a fix for SM2 and it was fine afterwards.

Ultrawide support, FOV etc would have been greatly appreciated though, must admit it didn't bug me as much as I'd expect and not as much as the default keyboard/mouse config :D

Found out tonight that the in game coins/currency things are capped at 990. Didn't notice until i had ran 3 ruthless levels and my total never went up.... My fault for not noticing earlier though.

Got my Tactical into a full set of Relic gear now, tier 4 is not for the faint hearted.

Need 2 more victories to unlock the last tier of cosmetics and I'm pretty much done with the game until they add the new missions / horde mode.

Got my Tactical into a full set of Relic gear now, tier 4 is not for the faint hearted.
Yup, tier 4 can turn pretty lively in a second if you drop the pace.

I've got Tactical and Bulwark to level 25 and think I'll have a pause now until the next upate with new operations.

I haven't enjoyed the operations against Chaos (the goats with the shields are very frustrating) but the Tyrannids ones are fantastic. Hopefully we get more of those, or they find a way to make Chaos operations a bit more enjoyable.

Yup, tier 4 can turn pretty lively in a second if you drop the pace.

I've got Tactical and Bulwark to level 25 and think I'll have a pause now until the next upate with new operations.

I haven't enjoyed the operations against Chaos (the goats with the shields are very frustrating) but the Tyrannids ones are fantastic. Hopefully we get more of those, or they find a way to make Chaos operations a bit more enjoyable.

I'm with you on that, chaos needs a look at imo as sometimes the waves the engine spawns don't make sense, we did a mission last night and it spawned what looked like 50 snipers in one go.

Really hope down the line they add orcs in for some of the new missions.

I'm also done for now. about 25-26 hours into it and it's been a great game, but the operations are now stale and not fun, they need to keep adding content to keep people interested. I'd love a larger RAID type of thing like in Destiny 2, but I don't think we would get that.

I'll keep an ey eon this and pick it up again when more content drops.

I'm finding that I jump into pvp for a quick couple games now instead of dedicating a bit more time for pve. The last few Ops I did were very hit or miss with the randoms, a lot of people leaving and joining through the mission. Gets me all the exp at the end at least. Still sad a bit at how long the grind is for parts/weapons considering the type of game, since I'm not playing it a huge amount.

New patch dropped including ultrawide for those few ;)

Some good changes I think and some buffs for Assault in pve.

28.25GB steam download.

Code:
Patch Notes

New features

The Hub Sparring Arena, a new special arena on the Battlebarge available in Operations & Eternal War Game mode where players can compete in friendly PvP with the players in their squad.
Ultrawide support for PC
Private mode for Operation mode that gives players ability to play operation alone with bots or alongside one friend without being matchmaked with random players during the mission.
Added What's New & Message of the Day
Added option to reset custom colour presets

Gameplay and balancing tweaks

The marking tool has been updated:
- Improved responsiveness and comfort of Social Wheel control with a mouse
- Disabled unnecessary objects that do not require highlighting and worked poorly with it
- Several minor bug fixes

Power Fist: Damage for fully charged attacks has been greatly increased

Heavy Plasma:
- Base ammo increased by 5. Blast damage radious increased.
- Overheat per shoot drastically decreased from 50 to 30 for charged shoots and from 20 to 15 for base shooting.
- Base damage slightly increased by 10%.

Med Stims restore contested health in addition to actual healing
Aux grenade launcher ammo now can be refilled only with the Ammo Boxes and can not be refilled from the infinite Ammo Cache

Campaign
Difficulty:
Enemy aggressiveness on Veteran Difficulty in Campaign decreased for better singleplayer experience.
Player's health on Veteran Difficulty in Campaign is slightly reduced to compensate for AI aggressiveness and armor management updates

Bots:
Various inhibiting restrictions were lifted, allowing bots to be more helpful and effective, while still not beating the game for the player
Bots will now help focus-firing zoanthropes when the player attacks them.
Heavily eased restrictions on bots finishing of enemies instead of leaving them for the player, to reduce annoyance.
Bots are now allowed to help with Gargoyle objectives
Fixed a variety of bugs related to bots getting stuck
Fixed a bug where bots can run out of ammo on weapons without a magazine

Operations Mode
Tweaked AI Director and spawn rules of Chaos enemies in Operations mode:
- Max number of Tzaangors With Shield on the arena at the same time reduced from 10 to 4
- Max number of Cultists Snipers on the arena at the same time reduced from 10 to 3
- Max number of Tzaangors on the arena at the same time reduced from 30 to 20
- Max number of Rubric Marines with Boltguns on the arena at the same time reduced from 8 to 5
- Max number of Rubric Marines with Warpflamers on the arena at the same time reduced from 4 to 3

Perfect parry has been updated, now restores armour for killing minoris, not only for countering their special attacks
Regarding Block and Fencing Weapons, a bug has been fixed in perfect parry window for fencing weapons. Now it has 20 frames window for perfect parry and 10 fames of vulnerability at the end of animation, instead of 30 frames of perfect parry for full animation as it was intended originally.
Assault Class: Base groundpound damage increased by 30%
Armor boost drops from destructible crates are now less common (cooldown raised from 30 secs to 60 secs)

PVP
Improved player spawn system. It should make spawn killing more difficult
Reworked Vanguard's Grapnel Launcher in PVP. Instead of full stun it will now stagger enemy and will slow him down drastically.

AI
Reduced ability to stunlock enemies with ranged attacks across all AI characters
Accuracy of ranged enemies is reduced when attacking from off-screen and accuracy of ranged enemies is reduced when attacking melee-engaged players
Regarding Hormagaunts and Tzaangors: Melee damage now deals specific amount damage instead of removing 1 complete armour segment per attack

Zoanthrope:
- Increased psychic scream damage sparsing time from 0.5s to 2s to prevent one shoot damage
- Psychic scream damage reduced from 11 to 8
- Psychic scream effective range reduced from 50 to 40m
- Psychic scream cast range is reduced by 10m

Termagant:
- Fleshborer spray attack damage reduced from 1 to 0.5
- Flashborer spray attack damage reduced from 0.3 to 0.1

Tyranid Warrior with Devourer: Projectile damage reduced from 0.9 to 0.6 per projectile

Rubric Marine With Warpflamer:
- Icon of flame damage reduced from 9 to 6
- Flamer burst damage reduced from 6 to 4 per shoot
- Flamer shooting damage reduced from 6 to 4 per projectile Health reduced by 10%

Rubric Marine with Boltgun:
- Spray attack damage reduced from 1.5 to 1
- Precise shot attack (with red indicator) damage reduced from 4 to 2 per projectile
- Reduced frequency of teleports used to disengage players to make them less annoying to fight Health reduced by 10%

Tzaangor With Shield: HP greatly reduced

Carnifex:
- Rage phase updated, carnifex becomes faster and more aggressive
- Taunt frequency reduced
- Fixed a bug where his cone of thorns attack wouldn't fire projectiles

Hive Tyrant:
- Health slightly increased.
- Resistance to explosives and melta weapons increased by 20%.

Customization
Fixed icon colour for the Administratum Grey, Auric Armour Gold and Celestra Grey colours
Fixed several issues with default colors being wrong on some chapters (i.e. Iron Warriors)
Vanguard Relic Right Greave part now requires 29 victories instead of 36
Added a Colour pattern called "Greaves Pattern" allowing the player to customize bottom and top half of the leg separately

Maps
Fixed several issues that were preventing players from progressing within some levels
Fixed a lot of minor collision issues
Tweaked dust storm density and duration in Ballistic Engine operation
Tweaked Heldrake fire timings on the bridge in Reliquary operation
Trials can be now accessed via Hypnomat in Armoury

General fixes
Fixed a bug where changing loadout mid operation would restore your health
Improved Jump Pack Ability responsiveness
Fixed several issues in Trials
Fixed a bug where in some rare cases controls would stop working after performing a finisher
Fixed a bug where player does not receive armor data from Hellbrute spawned from chaos portal
Fixed a bug that caused Vanguard's "Adrenaline Rush" perk description to show 1% instead of actual 10%
Fixed Announcer spam in Eternal War mode
Fixed multiple ways of duplicating ammo in Operations mode
Fixed a bug where Grapnel Launcher would get canceled if overlapped by small geometry
Fixed a bug where Tactical perk EMPEROR'S VENGEANCE did not work with Plasma Incinerator.
Fixed a bug where several weapons could restore more than actual contested health (i.e. Meltas, AoE weapons etc)
Fixed several issues that were causing loss of saves
Fixed an unidentified voice at the end of the story that was assigned to the wrong character.
Lots of minor UI fixes and improvements
Lots of minor animation fixes and improvements
Localization fixes

Last edited:
New patch dropped including ultrawide for those few ;)

Some good changes I think and some buffs for Assault in pve.

28.25GB steam download.

Code:
Patch Notes

New features

The Hub Sparring Arena, a new special arena on the Battlebarge available in Operations & Eternal War Game mode where players can compete in friendly PvP with the players in their squad.
Ultrawide support for PC
Private mode for Operation mode that gives players ability to play operation alone with bots or alongside one friend without being matchmaked with random players during the mission.
Added What's New & Message of the Day
Added option to reset custom colour presets

Gameplay and balancing tweaks

The marking tool has been updated:
- Improved responsiveness and comfort of Social Wheel control with a mouse
- Disabled unnecessary objects that do not require highlighting and worked poorly with it
- Several minor bug fixes

Power Fist: Damage for fully charged attacks has been greatly increased

Heavy Plasma:
- Base ammo increased by 5. Blast damage radious increased.
- Overheat per shoot drastically decreased from 50 to 30 for charged shoots and from 20 to 15 for base shooting.
- Base damage slightly increased by 10%.

Med Stims restore contested health in addition to actual healing
Aux grenade launcher ammo now can be refilled only with the Ammo Boxes and can not be refilled from the infinite Ammo Cache

Campaign
Difficulty:
Enemy aggressiveness on Veteran Difficulty in Campaign decreased for better singleplayer experience.
Player's health on Veteran Difficulty in Campaign is slightly reduced to compensate for AI aggressiveness and armor management updates

Bots:
Various inhibiting restrictions were lifted, allowing bots to be more helpful and effective, while still not beating the game for the player
Bots will now help focus-firing zoanthropes when the player attacks them.
Heavily eased restrictions on bots finishing of enemies instead of leaving them for the player, to reduce annoyance.
Bots are now allowed to help with Gargoyle objectives
Fixed a variety of bugs related to bots getting stuck
Fixed a bug where bots can run out of ammo on weapons without a magazine

Operations Mode
Tweaked AI Director and spawn rules of Chaos enemies in Operations mode:
- Max number of Tzaangors With Shield on the arena at the same time reduced from 10 to 4
- Max number of Cultists Snipers on the arena at the same time reduced from 10 to 3
- Max number of Tzaangors on the arena at the same time reduced from 30 to 20
- Max number of Rubric Marines with Boltguns on the arena at the same time reduced from 8 to 5
- Max number of Rubric Marines with Warpflamers on the arena at the same time reduced from 4 to 3

Perfect parry has been updated, now restores armour for killing minoris, not only for countering their special attacks
Regarding Block and Fencing Weapons, a bug has been fixed in perfect parry window for fencing weapons. Now it has 20 frames window for perfect parry and 10 fames of vulnerability at the end of animation, instead of 30 frames of perfect parry for full animation as it was intended originally.
Assault Class: Base groundpound damage increased by 30%
Armor boost drops from destructible crates are now less common (cooldown raised from 30 secs to 60 secs)

PVP
Improved player spawn system. It should make spawn killing more difficult
Reworked Vanguard's Grapnel Launcher in PVP. Instead of full stun it will now stagger enemy and will slow him down drastically.

AI
Reduced ability to stunlock enemies with ranged attacks across all AI characters
Accuracy of ranged enemies is reduced when attacking from off-screen and accuracy of ranged enemies is reduced when attacking melee-engaged players
Regarding Hormagaunts and Tzaangors: Melee damage now deals specific amount damage instead of removing 1 complete armour segment per attack

Zoanthrope:
- Increased psychic scream damage sparsing time from 0.5s to 2s to prevent one shoot damage
- Psychic scream damage reduced from 11 to 8
- Psychic scream effective range reduced from 50 to 40m
- Psychic scream cast range is reduced by 10m

Termagant:
- Fleshborer spray attack damage reduced from 1 to 0.5
- Flashborer spray attack damage reduced from 0.3 to 0.1

Tyranid Warrior with Devourer: Projectile damage reduced from 0.9 to 0.6 per projectile

Rubric Marine With Warpflamer:
- Icon of flame damage reduced from 9 to 6
- Flamer burst damage reduced from 6 to 4 per shoot
- Flamer shooting damage reduced from 6 to 4 per projectile Health reduced by 10%

Rubric Marine with Boltgun:
- Spray attack damage reduced from 1.5 to 1
- Precise shot attack (with red indicator) damage reduced from 4 to 2 per projectile
- Reduced frequency of teleports used to disengage players to make them less annoying to fight Health reduced by 10%

Tzaangor With Shield: HP greatly reduced

Carnifex:
- Rage phase updated, carnifex becomes faster and more aggressive
- Taunt frequency reduced
- Fixed a bug where his cone of thorns attack wouldn't fire projectiles

Hive Tyrant:
- Health slightly increased.
- Resistance to explosives and melta weapons increased by 20%.

Customization
Fixed icon colour for the Administratum Grey, Auric Armour Gold and Celestra Grey colours
Fixed several issues with default colors being wrong on some chapters (i.e. Iron Warriors)
Vanguard Relic Right Greave part now requires 29 victories instead of 36
Added a Colour pattern called "Greaves Pattern" allowing the player to customize bottom and top half of the leg separately

Maps
Fixed several issues that were preventing players from progressing within some levels
Fixed a lot of minor collision issues
Tweaked dust storm density and duration in Ballistic Engine operation
Tweaked Heldrake fire timings on the bridge in Reliquary operation
Trials can be now accessed via Hypnomat in Armoury

General fixes
Fixed a bug where changing loadout mid operation would restore your health
Improved Jump Pack Ability responsiveness
Fixed several issues in Trials
Fixed a bug where in some rare cases controls would stop working after performing a finisher
Fixed a bug where player does not receive armor data from Hellbrute spawned from chaos portal
Fixed a bug that caused Vanguard's "Adrenaline Rush" perk description to show 1% instead of actual 10%
Fixed Announcer spam in Eternal War mode
Fixed multiple ways of duplicating ammo in Operations mode
Fixed a bug where Grapnel Launcher would get canceled if overlapped by small geometry
Fixed a bug where Tactical perk EMPEROR'S VENGEANCE did not work with Plasma Incinerator.
Fixed a bug where several weapons could restore more than actual contested health (i.e. Meltas, AoE weapons etc)
Fixed several issues that were causing loss of saves
Fixed an unidentified voice at the end of the story that was assigned to the wrong character.
Lots of minor UI fixes and improvements
Lots of minor animation fixes and improvements
Localization fixes
@Neil79 will be over the moon :cry:

I'd like to take personal responsibility for them buffing the Hive Beast's HP. I think we genuinely ran that mission 8 times in a row one evening as it was the quickest way to farm XP and guarantee both the Gene Seed & Armoury Data.

After running some t4 missions last night with the difficulty changes it's like running t3, easier farm for relic upgrade parts.

Didn't see anything in the patch notes but it felt like they've gone in and changed some of the sound files for attacks now which made combat sound better.

This latest update has bricked the game for me, I can play for like 10-15 mins before getting a BSOD and my PC instantly restarting. A lot of people sharing the same experiences on the Steam boards too.

Hope they fix this asap.

Back
Top Bottom