Warhammer 40,000: SPACE MARINE 2

You think thats a long download, just wait til God of War Ragnarok comes out, thats 190gb. Think that might be the largest download I've ever done :)

Think biggest I ever did was for flight sim, sure that was over 200. And I played it for less than an hour lol.
Just starting the SP now.

Edit. Yeah I think this might be a game I want a controller for.

Last edited:
Completed the story, as other have already said it’s pretty good if not a little to linear. Stomping through the game as a heavily armoured Space Marine was fun, but always felt like you were walking around with paper armour. Graphically the game looks stunning although very dark in places with amount of gore surrounding you, but that fits the world perfectly.

Not sure how much more I’ll get out of the game with operations, I suspect they will amuse me for an hour or two but not much more, I certainly don’t see them as being as engaging as say Destiny 2 was.

Had to lower the difficulty. Far too much going on for my slow reactions. Was doing ok until the defend the antennas bit. Seems to be doing everything by myself.

Edit. Did it somehow.

Last edited:
Yeah gave up on that difficulty level. Couldn't do the generator level. Could activate the second one but then just got killed by constant swarms and those flying things.

Edit. Clearly the way for me to do these is to complain in here because I seem to do it straight after

Last edited:
Yeah those levels are a nightmare with the AI bots because its like you have to do everything, blow every objective up, kill all the "elites", activate all the objective points, because the AI bots seem to do nothing more than run about hitting trash mobs and completely ignore the actual objectives

Far FAR easier , even on hard difficulties, with other players as they actually DO the objectives (as long as you are playing with decent players :) )

Bored of fighting Tyranids already but I knew this would happen. I stopped playing Halo when the swarm appeared.
Do Chaos replace the nids or you are fighting both?

Crikey, I'm up to level 9 on Heavy but this is going to be a serious grind looking at how many different weapons there are to level, as well as the different classes themselves. Might be ok if they can keep up with the content over the long run, the class restriction for PvE is becoming increasingly more frustrating though.

Bored of fighting Tyranids already but I knew this would happen. I stopped playing Halo when the swarm appeared.
Do Chaos replace the nids or you are fighting both?
They show up probably just over half way through, then start to appear alongside, before taking the main focus.

The operations state which enemy types you'll see as well before you select them.

I've put the difficulty down to the lowest. Not only am I just not good at this game as in I don't get how I'm supposed to deal with half the stuff that happens, but some of these missions seemed almost impossible solo.
I knew I wasn't going to be particularly thrilled about this game, which is why I didn't buy it.

Had to lower the difficulty. Far too much going on for my slow reactions. Was doing ok until the defend the antennas bit. Seems to be doing everything by myself.

Edit. Did it somehow.

Yeah me and my pal turned it down on this mission, it was insane! Think we gave it 12 tries before turning it down from Veteran.

Finished the campaign last night and really enjoyed it. Not usually a huge fan of these types of games but the cut scenes were awesome especially towards the end, really got me hyped up.

Last edited:
The trick with this game I think is to explore, pick up the health kits when offered and just wade in guns blazing, pop your super/health regen and use the health kit. If you get knocked down, just wait the bots will get you back up. Basically just have fun blasting waves of enemies and don’t engage the brain.

……think like a Space Marine, see Xenos, Kill Xenos.

Last edited:
Is there any indication that the season pass will bring more content? or is it all cosmetics? Game is good, but I can't see me playing operations for very long without getting bored.

As others have said, Destiny 2 with its strikes and raids has a lot more playability. and I hate SM2 PvP, the matchmaking is terrible, it really needs to be more skill based.

Yeah me and my pal turned it down on this mission, it was insane! Think we gave it 12 tries before turning it down from Veteran.

Finished the campaign last night and really enjoyed it. Not usually a huge fan of these types of games but the cut scenes were awesome especially towards the end, really got me hyped up.

Enjoying it more now I'm fighting the TSONS.

Was a little wary at the start but the PvP is fantastic. The only limiting factor is that it’s just 3 maps but it’s great having a pretty straightforward multiplayer game. Pick your class, no customising your weapon with 10 attachments or picking different perks, just a great old school approach to multiplayer.

Was a little wary at the start but the PvP is fantastic. The only limiting factor is that it’s just 3 maps but it’s great having a pretty straightforward multiplayer game. Pick your class, no customising your weapon with 10 attachments or picking different perks, just a great old school approach to multiplayer.
The PvP needs work. Grouping up with pings from all over the world is not fun at all. They need to add region specific lobbies to make it at all fair

The PvP needs work. Grouping up with pings from all over the world is not fun at all. They need to add region specific lobbies to make it at all fair
Assuming your UK based on your profile, have you found you're being paired with people from all over? I've not seen my ping above 35 in game - and have only once seen someone with a relatively high ping in lobby.

I'm level 10 - so not a huge amount of playtime but over 35 games at this point.

Back
Top Bottom