Warhammer 40,000: SPACE MARINE 2

Been playing this and I think the gameplay is amazing, story is really good too but one thing that annoys me is how dumb the AI are in this. They will just shoot at random enemies rather than the objective and they wont jump down a ledge to revive you. Its a shame you can't matchmake for the story missions

Last edited:
Been playing this and I think the gameplay is amazing, story is really good too but one thing that annoys me is how dumb the AI are in this. They will just shoot at random enemies rather than the objective and they wont jump down a ledge to revive you. Its a shame you can't matchmake for the story missions
Yeah the AI is pretty dumb, but it does well at surviving, even at high difficulties. I have to say some of the real players in operations are even more useless, boggles my mind how people are so thick sometimes.

Is there any indication that the season pass will bring more content? or is it all cosmetics? Game is good, but I can't see me playing operations for very long without getting bored.

As others have said, Destiny 2 with its strikes and raids has a lot more playability. and I hate SM2 PvP, the matchmaking is terrible, it really needs to be more skill based.
The season pass will always just be cosmetic stuffs. They have a roadmap where all extra content is free as part of regular updates. There are plans for new modes, missions, enemies etc.

Yeah the AI is pretty dumb, but it does well at surviving, even at high difficulties. I have to say some of the real players in operations are even more useless, boggles my mind how people are so thick sometimes.

That made me laugh ahaha, do the operations change around or is it the same 6 ones?

Finished the main campaign yesterday evening. Wow, what an incredible last mission / last hour or so of the game, there are moments in it that were a genuinely so epic. The sheer volume of enemies swarming you, certain enemy types appearing (and friendlies!) and then a great last fight.

I saw a few things criticising the length of the campaign - but honestly for me it was perfect. Zero filler missions, zero 'travel to NPC, give them X, travel back', just brilliant mission followed by a great cut scene/cinematic each and every time.

Looking forward to getting into the operations now.

Does the co-op have much lasting replayability? I've got over 1200 hours on Deep Rock Galactic, and had around 500 hours on L4D(2). I love objective-based co-op games, but I'm not sure if SM2 is just a horde shooter with weak "go here to press this button and fend off a wave" type gameplay.

Does the co-op have much lasting replayability? I've got over 1200 hours on Deep Rock Galactic, and had around 500 hours on L4D(2). I love objective-based co-op games, but I'm not sure if SM2 is just a horde shooter with weak "go here to press this button and fend off a wave" type gameplay.

Not a horde shooter as yet, the pve coop has replayability in getting all 6 classes (more to follow apparently) levelled up, one good thing they have done imo is the guns that are cross class don't need levelling up again so if you have one at tier 4 you can use it on a level 1 class.

If they add a proper horde mode like GoW which people are asking them for then it'll have even more replayability.

I think that's exactly what it is. Fun to play, but if they don't add more content it will get stale fast, Only 6 operations and they're not long, about the same as a destiny 2 strike.

Still haven't played...

Where's the damn UltraWide/FOV :mad:
Ultrawide support is coming this month isn't it? They have that on the roadmap.

When I first started the game I thought it was mad to not have an FOV slider - but it seems like the FOV is much closer whilst you're on the battle barge. During actual missions and during PvE operations, I really don't think it needs an FOV slider at all.

Yeah, 8/9 hours for me on regular difficulty and watching all cut scenes. A friend of mine blitzed the campaign on the easiest difficult, skipped every cutscene and did it in just under 6 hours (purely to unlock all operations, he's not really a campaign guy).

I'm playing on whatever normal setting is, default. I find some of the missions quite difficult due to the poor AI of the bots you are with although the biggest problem I've hit is the damn floating dude. Dear god they drive me potty!

Think I'm about 7 hours in although about an hour of that was trying to troubleshoot a crashing issue on one mission - AMD driver issues which are now sorted (upgraded to the latest preview driver).

The storytelling in the campaign feels more like good old 90s/00s ways of doing it - does remind me a little of Command and Conquer, action, bit of story to justify the next bit of action.

Very enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom