Warhammer 40k : Rogue Trader - The people behind Pathfinder do WH40K

Soldato
To be honest I held off playing this hearing about the large number of bugs on release. I am planning to start sometime soon however as they have now rolled out a lot of patches for the base game and moved onto the first DLC, plus Steam Deck UI optimisations etc now, so they're moving past core issues with the base game.
Now is probably as good a time to start as any, and look at DLC later.

Soldato
To be honest I held off playing this hearing about the large number of bugs on release. I am planning to start sometime soon however as they have now rolled out a lot of patches for the base game and moved onto the first DLC, plus Steam Deck UI optimisations etc now, so they're moving past core issues with the base game.
Now is probably as good a time to start as any, and look at DLC later.

Dlc isn't post game stuff though. So unless you fancy doing multiple playthroughs of such a big game then that's why I suggested it.

Soldato
It isn't, but it means the core game content is at a point where they're largely happy with it, and are now willing to focus on the extras; if the game is truly excellent, then coming back to it in a few years with added DLC to play it a different way should be a fun way to experience the DLC then.

Soldato
I'm not sure they are largely happy with it because we've had multiple massive patches thsy significantly change the core gameplay enough that they offered free respecs for the characters, so is likely to change more but I'm sure it's still enjoyable.

Last edited:
Soldato
if thats the case at least they havent abandoned it like Dawn of war 3 team did

Dawn of War 3 should have been abandoned before it was released given the absolute cack we got. :p

I've actually been playing Rogue Trader and I'm enjoying it, more than BG3 anyway and I often see the two compared. Although in my case, half my issue with BG3 was the fact everyone I so much as spoke to seemed to want to get in my pants. I'm not a prude but it was seriously over the top to the point of being off putting, I have heard that they toned that stuff down though so I'll give it another shot at some point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom