Warhammer 40k : Rogue Trader - The people behind Pathfinder do WH40K

Soldato
I'm completely torn between getting this and Baldur's Gate 3. I think I'd enjoy both going from what I've seen though.

Baulders gate 3 for me edge's it out. Admittedly not yet started this game anew. Only a good chunck of time in beta, but bg3 pips it slightly and it has had extensive number of patches now.. by the time you finish bg3 can visit this game!

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah bg3 is a lot more polished at with immense presentation but RT is also an excellent game.

Only put 15hrs to it on Daring level, there have been some tough fights with some good variation, plus I enjoyed the ship combat mini game too. It captures the darkness of the 40k universe really well.

Soldato
Well its 42.99 on Epic, only reason that its £28 on Epic at the moment is because Epic is currently doing their 33% off any game coupon for Christmas again :)

So it's £28.80 as I said then :p
£34 on the other official reseller ones, still cheaper than £42.99 on Steam! Personally I'd be happy to pay a fiver more to have it on Steam over Epic.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
So it's £28.80 as I said then :p
yeah it is, its merely semantics :D , on Epic it hasnt dropped to £28 per se, its the Christmas coupon, so the moment December ends it will be 42.99 on Epic again. But at £25 on Cdkeys its a no brainer, unless you are someone who legit doesnt like Owlcat games. £25 is a bargain imo !

Soldato
yeah it is, its merely semantics :D , on Epic it hasnt dropped to £28 per se, its the Christmas coupon, so the moment December ends it will be 42.99 on Epic again. But at £25 on Cdkeys its a no brainer, unless you are someone who legit doesnt like Owlcat games. £25 is a bargain imo !

Yeah agree lol. TBH not started it yet (obv from my refund eligibility)

Soldato
Its a HUGE info dump early on if you arent familiar with the Rogue Trader RPG mechanics, so set aside a small amount of session time to learn the basics, say about 9 hours should suffice :D

I play 40k tabletop but unsure on rogue trader rpg specifically. I'll just wing it as always lol.

It's a shame bg 3 set the bar so high for crpgs, things not being fully voiced seems such a let down, but still very much looking to gettin stuck into rogue trader over the holidays

Said it before but I prefer this, if a character has an annoying voice it really puts me off them (i.e, Astarion, Shadowheart, Toadwoman), also they are far too slow so I tend to read ahead and skip it most the time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom