Warhammer Darktide Reveal

I miss out on these games as I don't really have friends who play on PC. I'd imagine it's fun with the right crowd.

Its because its annoying as hell after 10mins, need to let the dog out, Mrs needs me, someone at the door (even at 2300hrs), BIO break, which turns into a grabbing a brew, out of smokes need to go to the shop (dirty habit)

I just want to play solid for 2hrs without getting off my chair ffs :) why is this so hard....

I played quite a lot of the original L4D games, and I did enjoy them, I just hope this feels like something different and not just 'zombies' in a 40k setting.

This may be sacrilege, but I found the Vermintide games much more enjoyable then L4D.
Still early days, I want to know who the playable characters are going to be.

I thought L4D was superb, but it's 12 years old now so not surprising it has been superseded by more recent games like Vermintide. Must admit that I'm curious to see if Turtle Rock can recover from the disastrous Evolve with their spiritual successor to L4D, Back 4 Blood. But given that it's being published by WB, I expect more of the same MTX bull****.

Darktide though has serious potential. I really should read up on more of the lore, because frankly, I'm lost :o

Is it any good? I heard some mixed reviews regarding content variety

Fine for a bit, maybe 20 hours, but it is repetitive, and the AI can be amazingly dumb arsed.
They plan to upgrade the AI this month.
I'd have actually preferred they started with one or 2 levels of more pathetic gear, below the autopistol style start point, you could have had stubbers and stuff below it, so when you eventually happen across a bolt pistol, it seems amazing.
I still enjoy the odd plod through it, but have left it the past month as I've been busy.
It actually wouldn't be the worse way the could make a 40k races versus races style game, rather than just gangs, lots could be done from that engine.

Fine for a bit, maybe 20 hours, but it is repetitive, and the AI can be amazingly dumb arsed.
They plan to upgrade the AI this month.
I'd have actually preferred they started with one or 2 levels of more pathetic gear, below the autopistol style start point, you could have had stubbers and stuff below it, so when you eventually happen across a bolt pistol, it seems amazing.
I still enjoy the odd plod through it, but have left it the past month as I've been busy.
It actually wouldn't be the worse way the could make a 40k races versus races style game, rather than just gangs, lots could be done from that engine.

Thanks!

Years ago I used to fantasize about modding Silent Storm into Necromunda... I really like the source material

Gonna wait until this one has fleshed out a bit before jumping in I reckon, been waiting for a while and a little while longer wouldn't be a problem :)

I get totally confused by Warhammer, there seems to be so much of it. So basic WH is fantasy and anything 40,000 is futuristic, like the Space Marines? Just those two "universes" so to speak.

Started playing Vermintide II on PS Now but deleted it after 20 minutes because it instantly clicked and I wanted to give it a better frame rate (so either PC or Xbox Series X). Is the first Vermintide any good? I'd like to start at the beginning. This Darktide should be even better as I like space setting more than fantasy.

I get totally confused by Warhammer, there seems to be so much of it. So basic WH is fantasy and anything 40,000 is futuristic, like the Space Marines? Just those two "universes" so to speak.

Started playing Vermintide II on PS Now but deleted it after 20 minutes because it instantly clicked and I wanted to give it a better frame rate (so either PC or Xbox Series X). Is the first Vermintide any good? I'd like to start at the beginning. This Darktide should be even better as I like space setting more than fantasy.

Yes, Games workshop has two main "game brands" - Warhammer Fantasy (high phantasty) and Warhammer 40,000 (Sci fi). Vermentide is basically L4d set in that high Phantasy world where you kill swarms of chaos in the form of Skaven (rat people). Darktide is the 40k re-skin / mechanics update of Vermentide set in the 40k universe where you'll be killing whatever hordes we're given. There's space Hulk which is a similar game, but you play as the Astartes (Space Marines) in a super human / super monster (tyranids) variant.

I've played both Vermintide games and enjoyed them both, but I did play with my brother and best mate - which is how these should be played IMO.

Back
Top Bottom