Warhammer Total War Confirmed

Really really tempted with this. I was a Warhammer nerd in my youth and TBH I still follow it somewhat.

However......I have never given the Total War series a chance.

First world problems.....despite living in the third world.

Really really tempted with this. I was a Warhammer nerd in my youth and TBH I still follow it somewhat.

However......I have never given the Total War series a chance.

First world problems.....despite living in the third world.

Just get Medieval II or Shogun II cheap on a key site to get an idea on how the series plays.

Lets be honest CA haven't got it right since MTW2, the game will be pants on realise, i'll be saving my bucks until the modders have had their fill.

Just get Medieval II or Shogun II cheap on a key site to get an idea on how the series plays.

Or the original Rome game which I think is the best in the series. But you can't go wrong with any of the three listed. The later games lack some of what made the earlier games so good though. The last total war game I enjoyed was Shogun 2. None of the later ones really did anything for me.

Hopefully the Warhammer game will be a return to what made the series great rather than the awful interface that was in Rome 2 and Attila.

Lets be honest CA haven't got it right since MTW2, the game will be pants on realise, i'll be saving my bucks until the modders have had their fill.

Shogun 2 was fantastic. Tbh, while MTW2 was one of my absolute favourite games, it was full of crippling bugs for a good while after release.

I'm probably going to pre-order this. I know some of CA's releases have been riddled with bugs, but I've still got hundreds of hours of fun out of their games over the years, and Attila didn't really have any game breaking bugs that I can remember. Also, I very rarely buy PC games so it's not like I can't afford the £30. I'm sure I'll get my moneys worth even if there are a few bugs on release.

I'm probably going to pre-order this. I know some of CA's releases have been riddled with bugs, but I've still got hundreds of hours of fun out of their games over the years, and Attila didn't really have any game breaking bugs that I can remember. Also, I very rarely buy PC games so it's not like I can't afford the £30. I'm sure I'll get my moneys worth even if there are a few bugs on release.

There are issues with gameplay mechanics too. For instance, Attila artillery has homing missiles which can obliterate even charging cavalry. Why they would make artillery stronger in this game than it is in Empire/Napoleon is beyond me.

After watching some videos and playing through Rome 2 again I am going to pre order this tomorrow.
It just looks great fun, I am most interested how the economy is going to work. I cannot quite see greenskins building a farm or market :D

I also saw that in June it is the studios 15th year anniversary.

Back
Top Bottom