1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning: Spoilers ahead ***Avengers: Endgame - Official Thread!***

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by V_R, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

You can't ask specifics though. At most you can ask is "what is your stand out moment from the movie"

2. ChrisD.

Capodecina

lol I didn't know that.

3. robgmun

Capodecina

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, but it won't interest me either. Female centric is fine as long as i can feel connected to the characters and like them. I love Black Widow, Wanda, Wasp and Gemora and adore Mantis. But CM comes across as arrogant and robotic, i don't feel a connection to that at all so with anything with her in it i'll pass and wait for it on streaming, and if i don't go to see it then the wife won't go because she only goes to the cinema with me.

They urgently need to make CM interesting pretty fast if they want the cash to keep rolling in. There's nothing interesting to me about a perfect superhero that can just destory everything with one punch, it'll be boring

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  4. krooton

Capodecina

It's also from the 80s and not a superhero film :p

Just realised it wasn't the 90s, it was the 00s.

Remember Elektra and Catwoman?

And it is not like strong female leads don't work, Buffy and Dark Angel were great.

5. robgmun

Capodecina

I don't have a problem with the scene itself (apart from the poor job of superimposing Wasp in there like a bad photoshop) but the poor clunky way it came together.

Compare it to the group scene in the first Avengers movie, they've already had interactions and dialogue together and that scene was a team coming together of characters we've known and grew up with for decades. The culmination of a dream of seeing the Avenger live on screen for the first time and they felt like a team working together.

But in Endgame:
    At least half the women in there have never seen or spoke to each other before, never had an interaction and only grouped together because they were female? Come on! It was stupid as hell and obvious as ****. It's not they even did much, they "charged" at a van and then they spread out again after a few seconds.

6. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

I see that they grouped together because by chance they were nearby? Have you considered that? instead it seems your mind automatically took you somewhere else?

7. robgmun

Capodecina

The chances of that are astromical,

Maybe 14m to 1 :D

8. MissChief

Capodecina

It wasn't 'stupid' and it wasn't 'obvious as hell' as I and my two boys never noticed it.

9. MissChief

Capodecina

Elektra and Catwoman were just crap movies. They'd still be crap movies if they had male leads.

10. robgmun

Capodecina

[​IMG]

J/K :D

11. krooton

Capodecina

Which is exactly what I said....

12. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Like I said, movies, and particular marvel movies are movies of chance.

Like from the very beginning, that a doctor happens to be in a cave which saved Stark in the first Iron man? Imagine if he wasn’t there….dead Stark…franchise ends.

To watch Marvel movies is to accept these are a movie of chance.

13. MissChief

Capodecina

And in IW if Thanos collected the stones in any other order then he likely wouldn't have succeeded.

14. krooton

Capodecina

I have also previously stated, kids probably wouldn't have noticed, because they are kids.

Which is why I also said it was probably intended for youngsters, but adults were more likely to notice it for what it was.

15. Tombstone

Capodecina

As long as she keeps her boots and socks on so that the only monstrous things on screen are the enemies

16. VincentHanna

Capodecina

In Captain Marvel she actually uses her bare feet on a door control pad. I remember looking out for them the second time I watched it. They didn't look particularly weird in the movie.

17. robgmun

Capodecina

You're just doing mental backflips to explain it away. But as i have said it's only a minor blip that the next time i'll just ignore the screen as it just feminist baiting

18. MissChief

Capodecina

My kids are 21 and 17.....

19. doodah

Capodecina

Of course they didn't look weird in her $150m film :p.

20. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

It's not a mental blackflip, I stated a moment that happened in Iron man, you stated a moment that happned in Endgame. They are both chance. TBH it's as if you have an agenda to begin with and your mind takes you to those places as a result.