1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning: Spoilers ahead ***Avengers: Endgame - Official Thread!***

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by V_R, Dec 7, 2018.

1. krooton

Capodecina

Didn't Cap only become worthy after telling Tony that Bucky killed his parents? Before, hiding the truth prevented him from lifting it?

2. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

That's the theory.

3. robgmun

Capodecina

CM was pretty darn avarage as far a MCU movies go (but even the worst MCU movie (IM2) is still entertaining) the but as PlacidCasual said, CM is very poorly written and played poorly by someone who managed an Oscer (althrough i don't take the Oscars as a testiment to quaility for at least a decade now) She was least good thing in her own movie, which is pretty big problem going forward, the fact it made money was because it was a cynical move by Kevin Feige to not only stick her movie in between the two Avanger movies but to tease that she was going to be pivotal to Endgame. Pushing people to see it that probably wouldn't have. The next CM movie will have to be radical departure to what we've seen so far from the character otherwise myself and others are just not going to be interested in seeing.

4. krooton

Capodecina

Subjectivity again, I found CM to be above the average for MCU films, or 'good' as I otherwise call it.

I also thought IM 2 & 3 were total guff.

5. robgmun

Capodecina

3 was better than 2, but yeah they really are bottom of the barrel of MCU movies, which is odd as i still reguard Iron Man 1 as one of the best, certainly in my top 5

6. DrToffnar

Mobster

But wasn't the point of returning the stones was so there wouldn't be any funky paradoxes?

The wording of this sounds wrong in my head... 4 hours sleep, apologies.

7. Minusorange

Mobster

He was always worthy, in Age of Ultron he moved Mjolnir but decided not to lift it because he's so humble he didn't care to show off like the others and we saw Thor's look of terror when he managed to move it, which is why Thor was happy to see him actually lift it and say "I knew it"

Captain Marvel was an okay film, but I didn't care much for CM, thought she was way too sarcastic and way too cocky for somebody who was trying to find herself, thought she was more likeable in Endgame though

8. daz

Capodecina

I was underwhelmed by Endgame, slightly perplexed at the level of praise it's getting by critics. I didn't feel at any point that the heroes were going to lose.

9. Simmz

Wise Guy

Typical bull **** Hollywood ending that. Would have much preferred they ended it with the Infinity War ending then at the end credits just show Thor decapitating Thanos like the start of the movie. :p Suppose I am just an evil mofo haha, but I really do think there should have been more deaths from the Avengers side of things.

10. StevieP

Soldato

I can't imagine for a second that anyone thought they were going to "lose" - for me it was about telling the story!

...and I guess it depends on your definition of losing - Tony and Natasha didn't exactly win!

Although I do agree - while I thoroughly enjoyed it as a film, it's far from the best Marvel movie imo!

11. Sasahara

Mobster

Pretty sure the script was written before she was set to be in it. So changes are Rocket would have found nebula, Scarlet Witch would have taken out the ship.

12. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Nope, Infinity war and End Game were filmed together before Captain Marvel was made. This was Brie Larsons first movie playing the character

13. Sasahara

Mobster

Wow, I never knew that! /sarcasm.

That fact backs up my statement. Captain Marvel was shoehorned into Infinity wars/End game because they (Disney) wanted to have her leading into the next phase. It's a safe bet the scripts were written without her in it and then she was added in.

14. SpeedFreak

Soldato

See Superman for reference

15. SpeedFreak

Soldato

I much prefer this theory and it's kind of what I thought.

16. Pighardia

Capodecina

Tbh, I found it underwhelming. None of the emotional moments seemed to click with me. Maybe I was just not in the mood. I'll try it again at some point and see if my views change

17. omnomnom

Soldato

watched it again tonight...saw the "controversial scene" and it wasn't until afterwards it clicked that was what people were moaning about. Honestly, if that's a concern of yours...get a grip.

Still its boring for 50% of the film, i cant see me watching it again. 7/10

18. Chuk_Chuk

Wise Guy

Interesting video with regards to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cXg8-YJNUk

I thought it was strange that they decided to introduce a new character before the climax of an 11 year build up, it doesn't make sense from a narrative point. After seeing the above video it seems like someone up top in marvel/disney really wants her to be popular.

19. Bluecube

Wise Guy

Brilliant film. Saw it tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it.

But...

WTF happened to Hulk?!? Completely wasted the character. Should’ve had a massive **** off battle with Thanos at the end. Missed opportunity.

20. Clov!s

Capodecina

Wasn’t as action packed as IW, which to me is still the better film.