Watch Dogs

Soldato
I don't believe it'll look as bad as that tbh...

Though my huge hopes for The Division have nose dived quite a bit :/

Edit - Actually I changed my mind. **** you Ubisoft.

ibcUynCutGtfED.gif

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hahaha, all I can see in that gif is when he kicks the yellow car it gets wrecked XD
Capcom should sue them using the side hurricane kick like that...

Hmm Ubisoft really have themselves to blame for setting expectations so poorly, though I think those recent GIFs might have a few graphical bugs in them that still need fixing. The gameplay itself might be something to worry about but the graphics is what is distracting people...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Caporegime
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-06-why-watch-dogs-was-delayed

However this ends up being released, Ubisoft still have to applauded for delaying it - if they are having issues now I shudder to think what would have been delivered for November.

I wasnt expecting the issues to revolve around the graphics myself, as some of us thought it might just be inferior/shallower than what was the recently-released GTA5...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
It's not cancelled, it never has been - it's being worked upon right now to bring gamepad integration.

Doesn't sound like they are working on it currently at all.

The one casualty in all of this is the game's Wii U version. Nintendo's low install base makes work on its struggling home console an easy choice for re-prioritising.

"It's been paused," Morin states of the Wii U build, "which means delayed.

"There were some very talented programmers working on it and, when we started to point at the things we needed to fix, we needed those guys and their experience. It was a logical choice to say - let's get those people, let's pause the Wii U thing, let's make sure the experience is where we wanted to be.

Once other versions are done, "then Wii U can get back into place," he concludes.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-06-why-watch-dogs-was-delayed

Oh wow, Ubisoft are just digging that hole, now they are calling other games graphics crappy.

untitledu2on5.png

DQe5s2e.png

Last edited:
Soldato
This seems to be the generation of the outraged. I hadn't followed the game closely and some of those comparison screenies and aren't flattering. Hopefully it'l turn out well in the end... :p

Caporegime
I think the visual differences are quite huge. I totally subscribe to the view that there is so many aspects of a game that go in to your enjoyment of the game, purely hating on the game for the visuals is sometimes unfair. However, this is a game that was presented as looking (in my opinion) outstanding graphically and looked to be a really good visual kick start to the new generation of consoles (and PC master race) so having the previous information available to compare the new information too is really disappointing.

I had the special edition pre ordered for Playstation 4, however I think I'll hold off until there are some game play video's up and some reviews and discussions good sources before I take the plunge.

My main concern is that this is a sign of things to come, promising and showing so much, and then spectacularly failing to deliver. The Division looks absolutely gorgeous (and has a game play / mode that appeals to me hugely, as I'm ever so bored of the zombie based games) and I really hope we do not see such a shift so close to its release.

Soldato
Wow, It's quite a shame. It looks to have gone from Pure Next Gen, where we were sure it was running on top end PC hardware, As at that point we didnt know what we were getting with regards to PS4.

Now it looks very...GTA5 ish. Which is fine in itself as GTA5 looks great, but its a huge step backwards from what we had been shown.

Soldato
I've only just watched the trailer, I think it's be a mix of last and next gen as the car in the chase sequence has reflective paint at one stage but when it does the jump it doesn't..

That said Ubisoft have mislead people as no part looks like it did, the living world of the reveal has been replaced by a flat lifeless one.. most people argue that graphics don't matter when comparing Xbone/PS4 but I don't think this is about graphics but the fact that they have mislead people and not delivering on that vision.

Hopefully we'll get clarification soon but in the meantime I'll put the pre-order on hold.

Soldato
This seems to be the generation of the outraged.

I think a large part of it is that people bought these next-gen consoles based on footage they'd seen of pre-release games running on hardware completely dissimilar to the consoles they've actually bought, so now they're seeing realistic representations of what the consoles can do and disappointment is kicking in.

Don't get me wrong, I was right there with everyone else when the initial Watch Dogs, Division etc previews rolled, hoping that it was a sign of what the new consoles were going to bring us, but it's been quite clear since they launched that that's no longer the case. Ubisoft are certainly guilty of mis-representing the game, but I can't imagine for a second that it'd ever be possible to get a game that looks as good as those previews running on the PS4 or the Xbox One.

Soldato
I think a large part of it is that people bought these next-gen consoles based on footage they'd seen of pre-release games running on hardware completely dissimilar to the consoles they've actually bought, so now they're seeing realistic representations of what the consoles can do and disappointment is kicking in.

Don't get me wrong, I was right there with everyone else when the initial Watch Dogs, Division etc previews rolled, hoping that it was a sign of what the new consoles were going to bring us, but it's been quite clear since they launched that that's no longer the case. Ubisoft are certainly guilty of mis-representing the game, but I can't imagine for a second that it'd ever be possible to get a game that looks as good as those previews running on the PS4 or the Xbox One.

I disagree it's nothing to do with what these next-generation consoles are capable of, it's evident from the likes of Second Son (and many others) that the PS4 is capable of doing a lot more than what is shown in the Watchdogs trailer. The issue is simply that the publisher may have mislead people with this game and I guess being a multi-platform, multi-gen title has a lot to do with it.

I still think the trailer has footage from various platforms in it which is confusing but I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

Back
Top Bottom