Watch Dogs

Soldato
I've lost track of how many different special/collector/more-money-than-sense editions of this game there are now. I saw on Twitter the other day that Game announced yet another one for £100+ that comes with a hoodie or something. Terrible.

Soldato
Another trailer lol.

And a poor looking one. It looks like a poor Xbox360/PS3 game. Ubisoft need to stop releasing these trailers.

This game is going to be terrible.

Soldato
The visuals have certainly lost a certain 'sheen' that they had in the E3 demos. The lighting looks bright and unrealistic, and textures have a very flat look about them.

More and more I get the feeling this is just going to end up being a bit of a disappointment for many. It may well end up being a fairly decent game, but they let the hype-train run away from them at full speed and they're going to be paying the price for that for a long time now.

Man of Honour
I actually don't think it looks *that* bad. Yes, it's down a lot compared to the original videos, but I don't think it looks awful either.

I'm still waiting for the reviews though. In open world games like this the gameplay is much more important than the graphics, and that's one thing I've really not seen enough of. The game is out in 2 months, so let's see some gameplay footage now.

Soldato
I actually don't think it looks *that* bad. Yes, it's down a lot compared to the original videos, but I don't think it looks awful either.

I don't think the graphics look that bad either. Admittedly Ubisoft have screwed themselves by releasing the original trailer.

I'm waiting for reviews as I wasn't particularly interested in this game in the first place.

Soldato
The graphics in the original trailer were stunning. This looks ok at best. As I said earlier.. I would expect such graphics on the previous gen of consoles.

Somethings telling me that Ubisoft are either having to make some huge compromises or this whole connected world concept is severely flawed.

I won't be purchasing this straight away. Will be interesting to read reviews from you guys.

Associate
The graphics on this trailer were definitely an improvement on the last one... but still not as good as you might expect.

Really can't make my mind up about this... there is so much smoke and mirrors in all aspects of the gaming industry at the moment :mad:

Soldato
It looks nothing like the previous trailers or even the supposed game play reveal. I think I will await peoples opinions on this one tbh.

God help ubi if there are no character shadows or reflections and limited environment interaction like the crap that is Infamous.

Soldato
Never did see what all the fuss was about this game. I hope to be proved otherwise but I can see this be so repetitive its untrue, just loads of the endless follow this person, don't be seen, ala Assassins creed.

Soldato
Never did see what all the fuss was about this game. I hope to be proved otherwise but I can see this be so repetitive its untrue, just loads of the endless follow this person, don't be seen, ala Assassins creed.

I can also see it being a mini map collection game. I think this will be like you said, AC IV got away with it for me because I really enjoyed the story and the naval stuff but not convinced on this one. I think to say inFAMOUS was crap because the puddles didn't splash is bordering trying too hard to be controversial.

Soldato
I can also see it being a mini map collection game. I think this will be like you said, AC IV got away with it for me because I really enjoyed the story and the naval stuff but not convinced on this one. I think to say inFAMOUS was crap because the puddles didn't splash is bordering trying too hard to be controversial.

I find non splashing puddles a big thing... :) As well as lack of player shadow or reflection and the lack of environment interaction. Just says lazy coding to me....

Grates on me for some reason. I also did not really enjoy it tbh but everyone has different opinions...

Soldato
I didn't enjoy it hugely, I think it was average at best but I couldn't stretch to crap. If anything you come across as being more disappointed with it than angry.

Soldato
I didn't enjoy it hugely, I think it was average at best but I couldn't stretch to crap. If anything you come across as being more disappointed with it than angry.

I really enjoyed the last two and was expecting this one to be as good but I just found it all a bit meh tbh.

I think it's just me getting old. I like the little touches in games that make them stand out. I should really just play Naughty Dog and Rockstar games tbh... :)

Soldato
So it looks like there's yet another special edition out, Argos now has the exclusive Steelbook edition.

So to summarise:
Standard Edition
Special Edition
Steelbook Edition
Uplay Exclusive Steelbook Edition
Vigilante Edition
Vigilante Edition Plus Downtown Pack
DedSec Edition

Let's hope they've put as much effort into the game as they have packaging extra crap in with the game.

Back
Top Bottom