Watercooled Case Gallery

Associate
My core p3. :)

167139116_10224343319958164_8503095020930824672_n.jpg

@Sc4mpi I can't believe I missed this build among all the other beauties!

So, you have the huge MORA rad with this build then?

Is it actually connected to the case?

If it is, can I ask how you attached it? I tried (usually) strong picture hanging tape and that fell off when I added water lol.

I haven't explored the more final solution of drilling into the side panel of my H700 case yet. I think the case has had enough dremmel abuse over the years, that it begins to shudder when I get out the power tools.

Because that was my initial plan..until it fell off. Luckily using a 420mm rad not a MORA! and I had planned for this and put something underneath to cushion the blow.

Associate
Oops sorry, probably should have checked this a bit more often. :p

Where does it pull there air from? Looks like the rad will be totally starved for air

I was thinking this also. Judging by the direction they're facing esp

I still wonder how air gets through that rad :p:cry:

It's so big they can run passive anyway though, and the fans be pulling some air/heat away from the gaps between the fins I guess

You can run passive. I have similar external rad, but you would be impressed how from passive to very low active how much temp can drop. Its can be pretty significant. More just wondering if the builder has done anything unique in-between the back panel and the radiator, i think 360mm of it has some passthrough anyways, but not the remaining element.

The entire back of the case is cut out for the rad so there is basically no restriction. It pulls cold air in the through the front of the case and exhausts hot air out the back. The p3 is pretty much a giant sieve for intake air. The rear fans don't actually spin till the water temp hits 32c. its so big it can run passive. When it hits 32c the fans then start up on a curve from 20% to 100% at 40c. (which it never reachs)

Hey, can I ask how are you temps with that rad? Thinking of running one externally

3080 FTW3 Ultra sits around 26c idle around 38c in games.
10850k @5.1 sits around 41c idle around 54c games.

25c intake air temps (according to the aquaero) .
34c water temp on load. with fans at 20% (according to the aquaero)

@Sc4mpi I can't believe I missed this build among all the other beauties!

So, you have the huge MORA rad with this build then?

Is it actually connected to the case?

If it is, can I ask how you attached it? I tried (usually) strong picture hanging tape and that fell off when I added water lol.

I haven't explored the more final solution of drilling into the side panel of my H700 case yet. I think the case has had enough dremmel abuse over the years, that it begins to shudder when I get out the power tools.

Because that was my initial plan..until it fell off. Luckily using a 420mm rad not a MORA! and I had planned for this and put something underneath to cushion the blow.

Its the 9x 140mm version by alpha cool. Not sure what they call it now. As said prior the rear panel is cut out to allow unrestricted airflow through the rads. Rads are bolted to the rear panel and sealed with a silicone bead to make a sealed gasket so it can only suck in cold air from the front. Stopping heat being cycled back into through the rad from the rear.

Rab

Rab

Associate
had the xd3 for about 5 months now, does a very good job, would never buy 1 thou if motherboard could not control it, anything over 70% it like a hoover.
max mines runs it is 45%, my 3600 (at 4100 all cores) never goes over 50c, bar long stress testing, then it around 65-75c.

Associate
hi all.
new here and just looking through these builds, some amazing things here.

not long done my first water-cooled and its a very scary thing.
amazed so many people do it.

anyway im going to enjoy looking back through this thread.

Associate
It's hard to believe just how far watercooling has come in recent years

Check out some old rigs of mine from many years ago, one built in a Xigamtech Elysium and another even older one in a Haf-X with 2 rads, 1 hanging out the back!

Associate
Rad is Black Ice 560mm. 4x140mm Lian Li Uni fans are on 800rpm (lowest setting) and D5 Vario is at setting 1. 42C is temp of the loop, which is pretty good for overclocked BDW-E and overclocked GTX980Ti.
IezyqYS.jpg

Soldato
As massive of a case the define 7 xl is, it's a pitty it can't take 3 rads
I am using a 360 Monsta RAD in the front which is 86mm thick without fans and a 480 UT 60 which is 60 mm without fans for the top, add the fans and that's +25mm to the thickness for space. I was not sure for the top if I could fit a Monsta 480 there so went with the UT 60 but after I fit the UT60 I figured even a Monsta would fit in the top(would cover the top 1cm of the motherboard).
I could have fit a 240mm RAD in the bottom in the PSU area with a slimmer front RAD, but having 3 RADs would make the tube run complicated. I am using the PSU compartment to have the drain lines and the Aquario controller with the tubing.
These 2 RADs are quite enough for my use case(3900X with 5700XT Red Devil + motherboard VRMs using the mono block). I would have preferred if there was an option for side mounting the RADs though.

Back
Top Bottom