Watercooled Case Gallery

Soldato
Cheers! , Ah its all a bit confusing but its actually a triple parallel loop. With a HUGE occool rad on the back. So heat is not a problem :cool:
166970390_10224343443761259_420790686721594649_n.jpg
Where does it pull there air from? Looks like the rad will be totally starved for air

Soldato
It looks great but why on earth would a htpc need a 3090?!

For those YouTube videos :p

Lol when I say HTPC mean gaming console too, just used to using word HTPC for any rigs in a living room. It’s alll hooked up to a 4K OLED that does 4K and 120 so needs all the power possible!

Love this case.. i swear one day i'll do a build in it :p

its a lovely case, but you can deffo seem where they have gone form over function! So many issues here and there which increase temps more then needed. Can see the shift 2 Air has made some nice changes in that regards but not yet changed this bigger version.

Guys why are all the images on here not available for me or dead links? Some I can see

I think some older ones with certain hosting providers get removed after a while. so likely see a mix. All my old images of all my other rigs couple of pages back have gone due to the time.

Soldato
MAXIMUM GAMING POWER. I'd love a 3090 to cram in my node 605, if it won't fit I'll dremel the back out

I get it, it just never occurs to me that pc gaming wouldn't be on keyboard and mouse about 2ft from the screen so living room makes no sense to me, so the htpc name threw me.

4k gaming on your main TV makes sense..

Although the 2ft away screen I use is a 43" 4k TV which I haven't struggle on with a 3080fe... Yet

Associate
I get it, it just never occurs to me that pc gaming wouldn't be on keyboard and mouse about 2ft from the screen so living room makes no sense to me, so the htpc name threw me.

4k gaming on your main TV makes sense..

Although the 2ft away screen I use is a 43" 4k TV which I haven't struggle on with a 3080fe... Yet

I started gaming on my tv about a decade ago and honestly have never looked back. Total war with mouse and keyboard, arcade games with a pad, I find both easy. Heck sometimes I even pull the sofa right up to my massive 50 incher for fps games for cinematic experience haha. I do prefer games with pad though and this is probs why.

When people were always saying they couldn't much of a difference between 4k and 1440p I was always thinking hellll no.

Soldato
For those YouTube videos :p

Lol when I say HTPC mean gaming console too, just used to using word HTPC for any rigs in a living room. It’s alll hooked up to a 4K OLED that does 4K and 120 so needs all the power possible!

its a lovely case, but you can deffo seem where they have gone form over function! So many issues here and there which increase temps more then needed. Can see the shift 2 Air has made some nice changes in that regards but not yet changed this bigger version.

I think some older ones with certain hosting providers get removed after a while. so likely see a mix. All my old images of all my other rigs couple of pages back have gone due to the time.
Wait so the air 2 is even bigger?

I've been looking at it quite extensively and was pondering on the idea of having a full external rad setup while keeping the inside as clean as possible. Is there any existing holes for routing tubing out or would drilling your own be the best bet with passthroughs?

Soldato
Wait so the air 2 is even bigger?

I've been looking at it quite extensively and was pondering on the idea of having a full external rad setup while keeping the inside as clean as possible. Is there any existing holes for routing tubing out or would drilling your own be the best bet with passthroughs?

No sorry, Shift 2 is same size as the Normal Shift case but has had some refinements to the airflow aspect. The Shift X which is the taller one has not yet seen a revision yet. That said if you do plan to get the case and go all external, then I imagine the shift 2 would work well for you.

No holes for the passthrough sadly, but I used a step bit to drill some passthrough holes and works pretty clean, just slightly wider then the tubing diameter and the tubes exit and enter the case pretty unnoticeably and close to a run in the loop I had normally anyways.

Soldato
It's so big they can run passive anyway though, and the fans be pulling some air/heat away from the gaps between the fins I guess

You can run passive. I have similar external rad, but you would be impressed how from passive to very low active how much temp can drop. Its can be pretty significant. More just wondering if the builder has done anything unique in-between the back panel and the radiator, i think 360mm of it has some passthrough anyways, but not the remaining element.

Back
Top Bottom