Watercooling in a Lian-Li PC60 or PC61

Soldato
Could anyone who's squeezed a watercooling setup into this case please post pics as I don't have a clue where to start with mine.

I don't want to mutilate it too much as I only got it today. :eek:

Soldato
Here's my old PC

weescott-radontop_sma.jpg
http://server6.uploadit.org/files/weescott-radontop_sma.jpg

weescott-pipes_inside_sma.jpg

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the pics Weescott.

I've got a thermochill PA160 so I'm thinking I could take out the HDD tray and squeeze the drive in to the floppy disk bay. This would let me screw the rad's shroud onto the 120mm intake fan then put the pump under the graphics card. I really want to keep it all inside the case.

Has anybody done this?

Edit: The rad's too big for that. :(

Soldato
Just incase the above pic makes it look like the rad > pump tube is kinked heres a pic showing it cooling my old opteron 146.

radin.jpg

Theres less than half a litre of water in this loop, really pleased with it:) I just got another PA160 shroud today so shortly it'll have a fan on each side, one blowing and the other sucking.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the pics guys. I've got some ideas on what to do now.

I'll post some pics when it's done...hopefully by next Friday.

Soldato
OP
Tim said:
Didn't actually follow that guide, he was drilling and screwing all over the place, I just fixed the shroud to the fan mounting at the front of the case.

That's what I'm gonna do.

I've decided to remove the floppy drive along with the 3.5' bay and the rad will fit easily. Then I'll alter the 5.25' bays at the top to take my hard drive and one optical drive. Might even mount a fan in there as well to cool the HDD.

Seems easy enough at the moment.

What should I add to the deionised water once it's going. Is bog standard anti freeze okay or will I need some inhibitor to prevent rust as well?

Back
Top Bottom