Ways to make your boring office job fun #1. Blatent animal cruelty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I'm not even allowed any way of taking photos where I work (customs-cleared area, high security)

:(

Guess ban = imminent :(

As predicted, scream BS if you want! But it's really not that difficult to set up what we did - ordering, plumbing it together, the whole lot is easy. Why wouldn't I have actually done it?

It's high security, yet they allow you to bring in multiple ant farms?

I'd like to see that risk assessment :p

Caporegime
Customs cleared area, so you aren't allowed to take pics, but you are allowed to take live animals in?! Que?!

Also, it would be hideously dull to watch. You'd just end up with dead ants blocking the tubes and a bemused look of "Was that it?!" on your face.

Soldato
I'm not even allowed any way of taking photos where I work (customs-cleared area, high security)

:(

Guess ban = imminent :(

As predicted, scream BS if you want! But it's really not that difficult to set up what we did - ordering, plumbing it together, the whole lot is easy. Why wouldn't I have actually done it?

Because you work in a high security building and I assume that if you're not allowed to take pictures you're not allowed to have ant wars?

Permabanned
OP
Customs cleared area, so you aren't allowed to take pics, but you are allowed to take live animals in?! Que?!

Also, it would be hideously dull to watch. You'd just end up with dead ants blocking the tubes and a bemused look of "Was that it?!" on your face.

Dead ants blockin the tubes? Do you know how many hundreds (thousands) of ants you'd need.

Also they drag the enemy bodies away for consumption, it all very horrible!

(ps. Over 30 replies before it decended into insults/you're a liar! Which is not bad at all by OCUK standards. Ok, let the insulting continue ..)

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Are you Aspire?

Nope. My area is high security because parcels are 'custom cleared' yet not bunged on a plane yet - therefore we can't allow anyone to add any more parcels or the whole lot becomes 'un-customs cleared' which is basically an absolute costly nightmare ..

But, before you ask, I didn't have to have the ant farms custom cleared I just carried them in, in my laptop bag. So, not that high security I guess!!

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Be fair - you can't really blame people for being sceptical, especially given the convenient lack of pictures.

I just don't see what the point in being skeptical is! If I was that bothered and DIDN'T do it I'd have got the antfarms and tubing set it up and taken a picture with a 'ocuk' sign by it all in about 10 minutes flat! It would be easily easily easily fakeable. I could easily produce a picture very quickly as could anyone - don't you agree?

In short, you're going to have to take my word for it! Or don't! No big deal either way really ..

Last edited:
Soldato
as quickly as anyone could order and pay for 3 ant farms and 10 metres of plastic tubing, sure.

Are you honestly telling me that the people who are sceptical of this are strange? Honestly?

Man of Honour
Nope. My area is high security because parcels are 'custom cleared' yet not bunged on a plane yet - therefore we can't allow anyone to add any more parcels or the whole lot becomes 'un-customs cleared' which is basically an absolute costly nightmare ..

Odd place to be putting together SQL scripts!

Permabanned
OP
as quickly as anyone could order and pay for 3 ant farms and 10 metres of plastic tubing, sure.

Are you honestly telling me that the people who are sceptical of this are strange? Honestly?

Well as a general rant, all over youtube there are amazing videos of cool stuff happening. And the comments for every single one say 'FAKE', 'OMG SO OBVIOUSLY FAKE' rather then 'That, mate, was an amazing skateboarding manouver'.

I see an awesome video of a motorbike accelerating so fast it pulls a tablecloth off a table without upsetting the cutlery - I think 'wow that's awesome'

Everyone else immediately screams 'FAKE'

I see a lion and a bear fighting

FAKE

I see anything cool

FAKE OMG. People who say 'That looked awesome fella' are MOCKED for saying it, when it looks perfectly real to me.

It just seems all a little cynical to me, a little 'everyone is a liar'. Cynics arn't really nice people are they? No-one takes anything at face value any more. Anything that is cool or amazing is fake. Even with video proof. A nd I don't like the idea of people effectively screaming 'liar' at some guy posting a youtube video, just because they've managed something cool.

As I said, cynical, and presumptive and dismissive of the cool thing! People posting stuff should be innocent until proved guilty.

/rant

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom