Ways to make your boring office job fun #1. Blatent animal cruelty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
It's Partnership/Boyd/Matheson I go to. Usually wherever I can park :D

I'll get you a coffee though, no probs.

You are a bird, right?

I'm based in Partnership, so that's fine by me. Parking is even worse that normal at the moment. Roof works at St James means they've closed half the car park!!

I can be a bird for the day. I'd do anything for a coffee ;) haha.

Soldato
Meh too slow.

Came up with a similar idea at uni about 3 years ago.

My mates thought I was completely bonkers, and I never bothered to set it up.

Well played though, Sounds amazing, would love to do this at work, but more than likely we would get fired for some silly reason, or the ants would join a damn union here and strike for their rights :p

Soldato
Presumably if you set up the same kit but with ants of the same species then they wouldn't fight and just go about their business? Then I suggest a similar version of this based on capture the flag. You have your same species ant farms connected to a central hub, in that hub you drop something the ants like and can eat and carry, say coloured rice krispies. You either drop one in and whichever colony gets it back to their base after a time period wins, or you drop a load in and tot up how many make it back to each base, the base with the most wins. This way it is less cruel and you won't need to replace your colonies.

Man of Honour
Presumably if you set up the same kit but with ants of the same species then they wouldn't fight and just go about their business? Then I suggest a similar version of this based on capture the flag. You have your same species ant farms connected to a central hub, in that hub you drop something the ants like and can eat and carry, say coloured rice krispies. You either drop one in and whichever colony gets it back to their base after a time period wins, or you drop a load in and tot up how many make it back to each base, the base with the most wins. This way it is less cruel and you won't need to replace your colonies.

I endorse this idea and would like to sign up to your newsletter.

Caporegime

Many ant species will attack ants of their own species just as violently as ants of other species. Some form "supercolonies" which can span entire continents (seriously). I think for the most fun you should get some slave-driver ants that steal ants from other colonies and use them as slaves.

Soldato
sounds ace, but you say your office was boring, if it was that boring you wouldn't even be able to build a ant battle arena, my it office is dull and we aint ever gonna get an ant battle arena lol so count yourself lucky.

dude, surely you can take a photo on your phone or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom