WB (DC) WB meging with Paramount ?

I mean if this film doesn't do over a Billion then clearly there's no justice in the world - A well known and beloved Super Hero, a studio with a string of recent hit smashes behind it, a hot-button topic which is guaranteed to unite everyone who watches it, a director who isn't afraid to go after "so called" fans who can take their rotten money elsewhere the bigots - You know, I think I maybe wrong, it may make 2 billion! :D

Back in reality, this'll be a flop, losing DC even more money - I know it, average folks on the street know it, DC fans know it and yet the studio who approved this very clearly thinks this will make a profit - after being wrong soooooooo many times, how are any of these studio execs still employed?

I mean if this film doesn't do over a Billion then clearly there's no justice in the world - A well known and beloved Super Hero, a studio with a string of recent hit smashes behind it, a hot-button topic which is guaranteed to unite everyone who watches it, a director who isn't afraid to go after "so called" fans who can take their rotten money elsewhere the bigots - You know, I think I maybe wrong, it may make 2 billion! :D

Back in reality, this'll be a flop, losing DC even more money - I know it, average folks on the street know it, DC fans know it and yet the studio who approved this very clearly thinks this will make a profit - after being wrong soooooooo many times, how are any of these studio execs still employed?

4kqZdJy.jpg

I didn't realise there were this many things still in development when they announced the universe reboot. Musty be horrible for so many people involved in making these films to know that their project is basically dead before it even launches.

They don't know what the f they are doing, it's an absolute shambles. Forgetting the creative elements for a moment, how can the people employed to run t hese studios paid millions a year be so utterly imcompetent?

Mind you it's not just DC, just look at Phil "Failing Upwards" Harrison...

Trying to think what else they have left in the tank. Fish boy will be spectacular in all the wrong ways.

Joker 2 and more Paterson Batman movies were green lit?
Not sure what the budget on this was, but yeah it’s pretty much dead on arrival.

Saw the trailer the other night and it doesn’t look great.
120million. Don’t think they spent much on marketing so probably another 60-70 odd on top. People also seem to forget that studio don’t get all of the box office.

aquaman is one of the better ones compared to the rest. Still not amazing but fine for watch at home.

I dont like the trailer before the trailer though with 4 days to go...

Not surprised really, so many bad decisions are bound to catch up to them eventually
Agree. Letting one of your bigwigs force changes to a film (under two hours) and then also forcing films to cast their side piece just so they can get more bonus (financial and physical), is just crazy; dumping money out into the ocean, it'll pile up eventually. And, it appears its now on the horizon; or as Baron Mordo over at Marvel would say; the bill come due. It's just a matter who ends up settling.

Wonder how big their marketing campaign budget is even if they have one. Hah
Seems to be getting pushed hard up here it's on billboards, bus sides and the cinemas are always showing the trailer for it.

Only thing that will save it is whether women still want to turn out in droves to see Mamoa. Pre-screen test feedback for it was apparently attrocious, with one scene being particularly unpopular (and I would imagine, especially so with women).

Black Mamba (that's the bad guys name I think?) kills Aquaman's baby son

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom