WB (DC) WB meging with Paramount ?

I saw this the other night and honestly i am not overly impressed.

Lanterns - Interesting premise if its done in a similar style to True Detective
Batman Brave and The Bold - Hummmm... Damien Wayne is one of the most irritating characters in any of the Batman Comics, he is like the Scrappy Do in Batman.
Superman Legacy - Another Hummmm... It might be good but sounds like retreading of same story from a different writer/director.
Swampthing - The TV Show of Swampthing was utterly fantastic. Its a real pity it was cancelled, if this is similar then it could be good.
Supergirl - Same as Superman Legacy, not really interested.
The Authority - Never heard of it, not really interested.
Creature Commandos and Waller - Sound good shows in concept, we will have to see how well they are done.
Booster Gold - If this is done anywhere as good as Peacemaker it could be a great show.
Paradise Lost - Wonder Woman Island before Wonder Woman.. Hummmm.. Possibly a bit Game of Thrones inspired... With a lot of really hot athletic women..

Meh...

Batman Brave and The Bold - Hummmm... Damien Wayne is one of the most irritating characters in any of the Batman Comics, he is like the Scrappy Do in Batman.
Superman Legacy - Another Hummmm... It might be good but sounds like retreading of same story from a different writer/director.
Swampthing - The TV Show of Swampthing was utterly fantastic. Its a real pity it was cancelled, if this is similar then it could be good.
Creature Commandos and Waller - Sound good shows in concept, we will have to see how well they are done.
Booster Gold - If this is done anywhere as good as Peacemaker it could be a great show.
Paradise Lost - Wonder Woman Island before Wonder Woman.. Hummmm.. Possibly a bit Game of Thrones inspired... With a lot of really hot athletic women..

Meh...

The Authority I found kinda standard for a superhero comic. Brutality and gore pretty much like The Boys if you've seen that.

However I loved the Kev issues.

Hilariously there's almost no superhero antics involved, it's almost entirely about a grubby and unremarkable soldier with many character flaws eventually redeeming himself.

He kills The Authority with a revolver at one point which surprised them.

Last edited:
Wow big Rumours that Levi could be the next one out the door.

Even in Gunns announcement he said Shazam was kinda it's own thing.

If that's the case then this is going to be a disastrous decade for DC, or, should I say another disastrous decade for DC.
There's definitely some decent stuff planned it's just all over the place.

I really think this whole reboot is just DOA. A lot of people are seriously superhero fatigued out with Marvel. I bet a majority of people who follow the the MCU haven't bothered with the TV shows, or have only watched a handful of the many available.

Now DC want scrap everything that came before today, screwing over the fans of those particular movies and those particular actors etc, and try to emulate Marvel's current model right out the gate, instead of establishing concrete foundations with solid, well-written and well-marketed movies to (re)introduce all these new characters, and then flesh things out with more in depth shows. The prospect of having to invest 800 hours to follow a story just seems like a chore at this point.

Some horrible writers are going to be attached to some of these projects.

Cleaning house at the top isn't going to mean one jot if they don't clean house in the writer's room. Its an infestation that needs to be fumigated before they can proceed. The only good sign is Gun said he's writing Superman Legacy himself but if all the new stuff is just going to be whats been going on in the CW for the last 10 years then I'm out.

I really think this whole reboot is just DOA. A lot of people are seriously superhero fatigued out with Marvel. I bet a majority of people who follow the the MCU haven't bothered with the TV shows, or have only watched a handful of the many available.

Now DC want scrap everything that came before today, screwing over the fans of those particular movies and those particular actors etc, and try to emulate Marvel's current model right out the gate, instead of establishing concrete foundations with solid, well-written and well-marketed movies to (re)introduce all these new characters, and then flesh things out with more in depth shows. The prospect of having to invest 800 hours to follow a story just seems like a chore at this point.

This, a lot of noise has been made about how bad the current DCU is but they had a good base with the syndervrse which they could have built on. They just needed to keep the current actors and just replaced Flash with someone better. They could have re-jigged the up coming Flash movie to get rid of the current Joker, Lex and Flash with better actors and carried on with another Justice League movie with either Brainiac or Darkseid and just make better choices from then on.

Meh...
I agree, the list is a whole lot of 'who cares', Booster Gold could be decent but the problem with the DCU has been the quality of writing and story (the same problem the MCU is now facing). Given how comics themselves turned to ****, it's no surprise that comic book movies are following the same pattern.

Man by the time Gunnverse blows around the DCU will be dead and buried.

He's been doing damaged control and trying to keep people interested in his films.

Superman will be a Patriot and say his famous quotes!!

Keeping Henry would have got you a loyal fanbase from the very start *******!

The Flash movie.

From the rumour mill this is actually getting fantastic reception from screenings.

Tom Cruise backed this up as he said he loved it!!

This film has Keaton batman.

Wouldn't be surprised if this did a billion at the box office.

Problem is there's been so many reshoots, They probably need a billion to turn a profit lol

Last edited:
Last edited:
It's not just they think keeping making bad films and terrible TV, it's that the general public doesn't care anymore, they are sick and tired of superhero's. The only gauranteed box-office banger these days is Spiderman.

At some point these studios are going to have to admit to themselves that Marvel and DC are not infinitely mineable, they're just not, and you can see that by the way they're making Frankenstein's monster films, with bits stuck on from all over the place, with characters that don't belong, characters no-one will ever care about (The Marvels for example), plots that make no sense, timelines that make no sense, canon thrown away everything has to be a multiverse/time travel because that's the only way to make anything even vaguely credible.

Then of course they have to rely on fan service (seal clappers) , 'memberberries and cameos to carry the film, like some now worn-out, but once great old sitcom that should have been cancelled 4 seasons ago.

They're running out of road.

I am just watching the last few episodes of Titans. While i enjoyed the first couple of seasons these last ones have really gone off the rails. The latest season is pretty dire with the brother blood and mother mayhem baddies.. Its just meh and, like a lot of other shows, i am just watching it to its conclusion.

There was a good little bit in the lastest episode i watched with Beast Boy that had him traveling through "The Red" which allowed him to see other universes in the multiverse and i was really happy to see Barry Allen From the Flash, Stargirl, Swamp thing (Still really miffed they only did one season of this) and there were lots and lots of other Easter eggs from the original Batman TV Show and i also think Harley from the Batman Animated Series and Maybe even Johnathan Kent from Superman the Movie :o Some Deep Deep cuts..

Back
Top Bottom