WBAC Values

Man of Honour
What are Cazoo like with knocking off money based on condition? They seem to be offering the most at the moment, about 14% more than WBAC.

edit: Also I note they charge £75 for pickup or free drop off. My feeling is you are more likely to get haggled if dropping off, because they know you are less likely to walk away from the deal if you have driven to one of their centres. So maybe worth paying the fee unless you live near a centre?

Last edited:
Soldato
Are you asking us, or telling us?

They’re quite a smart looking thing IMO, but that’s the joy of taste - we’re all entitled to our opinion :)
Merely suggesting an answer, beauty as always is in the eye on the beholder and for me it is nearly a decent looking car but all the nearly right bits add up to make it look frustratingly fugly. It’s not awful looking but the fact it could have been much nicer would annoy me if I was buying it new.

Soldato
Wbac offered £32k for my C300, Cazoo took it for £35200. Which was more that what was left on the finance deal.

it’s going on Tuesday and getting myself a nice Peugeot 508sw hybrid

I thought cazoo didn't buy cars with finance left? How did you get around this?
I'm looking to shift my car on pcp.

I think valuations are slowing down/starting to lower slightly. I've not had any big changes in a while and a couple of dips with some companies.

Soldato
What are Cazoo like with knocking off money based on condition? They seem to be offering the most at the moment, about 14% more than WBAC.

edit: Also I note they charge £75 for pickup or free drop off. My feeling is you are more likely to get haggled if dropping off, because they know you are less likely to walk away from the deal if you have driven to one of their centres. So maybe worth paying the fee unless you live near a centre?

Intrigued by this as well. Be good to hear if anyone has had experience of Cazoo?

Associate

Intrigued by this as well. Be good to hear if anyone has had experience of Cazoo?

Sold my 6 month old 520 Touring to Cazoo a couple of weeks ago, paid exactly what they quoted on the website, brilliant experience. Took around 20 minutes and the money was in my bank instantly. I would definitely use them again! They also paid 4k more than anyone else.

Soldato
yes I thought peugot were reliable - if they have renounced the timimg belt running in oil issue

was going to say I wouldn't trust what car(or hifi) magasine ... seems JD power are in the UK game too

a bit more divisive https://europe.jdpower.com/press-releases/2019-uk-vehicle-dependability-study
than the few % difference of what car sample still small though.

48340560797_5f284d9d9f_o_d.jpg

albeit in USA https://www.autoblog.com/2018/02/14/jd-power-dependability-survey-2018/

Man of Honour
We bought our Tiguan from Cazoo. No issues at all and they've paid for a part that had broken in the spare wheel well. I'd definitely recommend them. Although I can't comment on their buying side.

Soldato
Cazoo seemed to be blitzing tv adverts (like the persistant polestar/mach-e adds on c4) - what put me off was the use of the word reconditioned -
which is reminscent of ebay, or someone tarting up something (eg silicon spray), what can you recondition on a car. ?
produced by some foreign add agency I assume.

ie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KwPJSEKiRM

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom