****Weekend Footie Spoilers****

Man of Honour
There's no way thats a clear red. The other guy was only 2 yards away and if Maka can catch him then anyone can. Angel was stood still.

It was probably a foul, maybe a yellow. Not a red.

Soldato
Dead happy with a point today, even though i was an everton fan for the day :p

Never heard a ground so quiet when city scored the equaliser, nobody expected it at all, they were absolutely dreadful, and everton should've tucked away 4 or 5. My mate who came with me said before the game "this is one of the best grounds in the country for chants and fans singing".. ok, so "everton, everton, ever.." didn't really do a lot for the team. Half-hearted fans ;)

Oh.. and Joey Barton, we didn't really want to see your arse, thanks. :(

Caporegime
G|mp said:
I understood it perfectly but you still dont understand why he got caught out

He. looks. like. he. leaves. the. box. when. he. kicks. it. right. on. the. edge.

This. he. cant. complain. about. if. he. keeps. doing. it. because. linesmen. get. things. wrong. sometimes. and. by. doing. it. he. creates. his. own. problem.

Now read each word and try and take it in :)

You can't get through to some people mate, it's not worth forcing. I totally agree with you, Reina is being incredibly naive in thinking he won't get flagged for consistently risking it over half-a-yard.

Soldato
Just watched MOTD and what a goal by RvP, I hope Arsene sticks with him up front, as he's easily our second best striker.

I suppose Charlton should have had a penalty and Jimmy Floyd should have scored at the end, but I think we had enough chances to have won as well, great game and 3 valuable points, that'll do me.

I felt for Everton as well, totally dominated the game, but paid for sitting back at the end.

As for Joey Barton, I hope he doesn't get punished, as it was only a laugh.

Nobody should doubt Sheva's class, give him a few games to settle in and I'm sure he'll come good, although I hope he doesn't obviously. ;)

Soldato
Hlebio said:
It was a good 3 points but a very 'meh' performance.

Hoyte COULD have been sent off, RVP SHOULD have been sent off, Hasselbaink SHOULD have scored and Charlton SHOULD have had a penalty.

And that miss by Henry was.. shocking.

What the hell could Hoyte of been sent off for? :confused:

Permabanned
Now i've actually seen the Reina 'handball' i can only think that it is something they were wary of him doing and the linesman getting a bit trigger happy.
That didn't even look 'that' close tbh.

Harsh,but its funny how things go in cycles - last season if there was even a hint of anything untoward we seemed to either get a peno or an opponant red-carded,this year we are getting diddly in our favour (bar the Sheff U game)

Don
NokkonWud said:
You can't get through to some people mate, it's not worth forcing. I totally agree with you, Reina is being incredibly naive in thinking he won't get flagged for consistently risking it over half-a-yard.
Whats the point in having an 18 yard box if you can only use 16 yards of it then?

The decision is a matter of fact he was either inside or outside the box. If the lino had a decent position/view of the incident he wouldn't have given the foul because he was 2 yards inside his box. The only way the lino could have given the decision is if he didn't have a decent view of the incident and in that case a lino shouldn't give anything if they don't know exactly what happened.

I know what your saying, "is it worth taking the risk" and it may not be. But its like saying to a defender to not make a tackle inside the box just incase the ref makes a mistake and gives a penalty. A player shouldnt have to go into a match taking caution just incase the ref makes a mistake.

Reina didnt handle outside his box, the lino didn't have a good view and shouldn't have made a decision. Therefore Reina has every right to be upset with the decision.

Soldato
memphisto said:
anyone know if the man utd / newcastle game is being shown today ?

yes you can watch it but links are not allowed ;) hope the toon could get something out the game today but there is not much chance of that going by the shambles of a defence and the terrible record at old trafford .

Soldato
He spat at the fans aswell apparently.

I think although Arsenal probably deserved to win we were quite lucky with Gallas' handball and JFH's miss at the end. Charlton gave a good account of themselves which i wasnt expecting. Corking goal by RvP though, i was hoping this would be the season for him to do well, if Wenger leaves him in the team to get a good run of games up i think he'll easy get 10+ this season in the prem. Henry seems to be mis-firing though which is worrying, he'd have usually scored without even thinking about it after that ****-up in defence but wasn't composed at all.

To the Chelsea game, I'm amazed Makalele didn't even give away a free kick, thought it deserved a yellow at minimum and wouldnt have been surprised to see red. Angel was well clear of all the other defenders and Makalele didn't get anywhere near the ball, he just jumped on his back. Angel should have buried that shot in the dying seconds though but i'm happy with a draw.

Don
I can see Nigel Worthington leaving Norwich this afternoon, already huge pressure on him and losing 3-0 at home to Burnley.

I imagine he'll be linked with Leeds straight away as he used to play for us.

Back
Top Bottom