Weight loss diary

Associate
OP
255 again this week, I was briefly at 253 earlier this week but I was quite dehydrated so it doesn't really count - I've mostly hovered around on the cusp of 254 and 255.

The new programme is going well although I can't do crunches at all, I think I'll work on those at home to save experiencing further embarrassment!

Associate
OP
252 which puts me at 18 stone! I'm raiding the charity shops as I was down to a single pair of jeans that looked ok - I've found out the Tesco XL is a little larger than M&S XL so I've definitely got more to do until I'm comfortably in the XLs.

I'm getting a tiny bit stronger week by week but I think I need to up my protein more, I've got my PT session tomorrow so I'll ask.

Associate
OP
250, my trainer checked and I still wasn't consuming enough protein; myfitnesspal had me at 130g for the calories I was set, this has now been increased to 200g.

I'll give it a few weeks and see how I get on, so far I've continued to lose weight without it affecting my strength but it'd be nice to see more of an improvement at the gym.

Associate
OP
249 this week which I'm very happy with as unforseen events meant that it was difficult to track all of my meals and I've been closer to 2100 calories each day in order to reach my protein target.

Just 11 more pounds until I reach my target weight for mid April, after that I've got my goals of being able to do pull-ups and crunches.

Associate
OP
248, another pound lost - again I've been eating closer to my one pound limit in order to reach my protein goals. Some days I've struggled to eat enough food, trying to reach a daily protein goal has flipped everything as I don't feel calorie restricted and instead look for at least 1g of protein per 10 calories in my meals and snacks.

My training has been a bit all over the place, on leg days every exercise was a personal best but I really struggled with back and biceps. Work on my core is progressing well though, getting almost a minute on my planks and 2 full sets of 12 dragging a kettlebell underneath (9 on the last set).

Associate
OP
246! It's been a very good week with regards to food, I think I've found the right balance of meeting my protein goals while ensuring that I've had enough carbs and fats. At 1PM, porridge oats with water, vanilla casein protein powder and salt is very creamy and keeps me feeling full until dinner.

I've started a new cycle of training, my PT has upped my reps from 8-12 to 12-15 and I've gone from single sets to super sets - the day after I can barely move, it feels like I've just started training again! I've signed up for Race for Life in July, I'm trying to convince my wife to do the 5km muddy course with me.

Associate
OP
245. I've started taking creatine this week, from what I've read I expect my weight to plateau at best for the next couple weeks.

The second week of supersets is going well, I've either increased my weight or reps on most exercises.

Associate
245. I've started taking creatine this week, from what I've read I expect my weight to plateau at best for the next couple weeks.

The second week of supersets is going well, I've either increased my weight or reps on most exercises.
You definitely retain more water on creatine so don't pay too much attention to the scale - you should notice a slight improvement in your training though, which will be motivating.

Associate
OP
245 again, I thought it best to continue to record my weight so that I don't use creatine as an excuse to eat a bunch of crap.

For each superset, I've continued to increase my weight or reps for at least one of the exercises. I don't know if it's the creatine, a placebo or if it's my body adjusting to the extra endurance require to do them, but I'm feeling a lot better and quicker when it comes to the second and third set.

Associate
OP
247, I didn't have a perfect weekend last week despite my last post but I'm still within my 1 pound calorie limit for the week so I think this may be water retention due to the creatine (or some salty meals!).

I'm definitely at that stage of the programme where I'm comfortable with the exercises I'm doing - still increasing reps and/or load incrementally but I'm getting the itch to switch things up again.

I'm down to a 36 inch waist - it's a good thing that I still prefer baggy clothes!

Associate
OP
And back to 245, I'll be glad for the Easter holiday to be over so that I can get back into my routine days at the gym!

I've not been perfect again this week- I definitely need to be stricter but it's been good to take a break from weighing absolutely everything, and eating the occasional bit of chocolate etc.

Associate
OP
244, the last week of supersets felt really good, so far my single sets have been great too!

I'm up to 20kg for the barbell curl which is nice as I can incrementally increase it now that I'm curling a proper bar and not the fixed weights at the gym.

I'm up to about 65kg on the assisted pull-ups so unless my weight drops drastically I think my goal of unassisted pull-ups will have to be delayed.

Associate
OP
242! That's officially 6 stone lost since I started about a year ago. It's definitely a lot easier to lose weight when it's warmer as I've been enjoying protein milkshakes and salads.

I'm eating more regularly at a 500 calorie deficit, still based on a sedentary lifestyle and I don't add in any of my exercise calories.

Back
Top Bottom