Weight loss - Weight bench or exercise bike?

Hitman
Associate
buy a skipping rope - £2 from ebay (the plastic ones, not leather)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Boxing-Ju...ies_ET&var=&hash=item8e09998050#ht_2206wt_942

that's your cardio sorted.

then buy 4 bands for a weights routine, instead of plowing money into standard weights, plus they are lightweight and small and can be taken with you anywhere.

http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk...pro_safety_resistance_tube_light/13189_p.html

http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk...ro_safety_resistance_tube_medium/13190_p.html

http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk...ro_safety_resistance_tube_strong/13191_p.html

http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk...ety_resistance_tube_extra_strong/13192_p.html

if you youtube videos on resistance tube/band exercises, you can literally work any muscle in the body, you just need to be creative. wrap it around poles, pillars, etc. or your feet.

total cost of all of the above should be less than £60

save the £90 for a rainy day.

LOL, I like your thinking, completely forgot about the old skipping rope!

Soldato
OP
That really is all's I've been eating since I started properly (last 2-3 weeks) 1200 cals does seem rather low so it doesn't make sense as I haven't really noticed much of a difference on the scales. :confused:

Thanks for the advice Teliscopi, next time I'm shopping I'm going to look for those pots. One thing I'm worried about though, before I go to work I like feeling nice and full otherwise I'll just get the hunger symptoms only 2-3 hours after eating (Shaking, dizzy etc...)

Would just one of these pots satisfy my hunger for say 4 hours or so?

How about if I had a few eggs with some wholemeal toast for breakfast?

Cheers

Soldato
One thing I'm worried about though, before I go to work I like feeling nice and full otherwise I'll just get the hunger symptoms only 2-3 hours after eating (Shaking, dizzy etc...)

That sounds more like a sugar crash from the amount of carbs you eat, not hunger. I do intermittent fasting and fast for 16 hours a day and don't feel dizzy or get the shakes, there's no way you should be having any issues after only 2-3 hours.

Soldato
OP
Could be... I had a fasting blood test done not long ago and it came back in the clear. So besides from porridge would the poached eggs with toast be a good breakfast?

Cheers

Soldato
OP
Porridge will keep you going 4 hours, yes. If you feel hungry before lunch just have a drink of water.

But as said before it's the spaceyness/dizziness part that I hate about hunger. :/ Water seems to make it worse for me. I guess I can't win and just gotta ride through it.

Soldato
Stick with the porridge. add some dried fruit to it if you have to, or some slices of banana.
I have a glass of Orange juice with mine.

Nutritional Information for Porridge, Wholemeal Toast and Orange Juice
Calories - 823
Carbohydrates - 137.2g
Protein - 31.8g
Fat - 14.2g
Fibre - 13.2g

Last edited:
Soldato
That really is all's I've been eating since I started properly (last 2-3 weeks) 1200 cals does seem rather low so it doesn't make sense as I haven't really noticed much of a difference on the scales. :confused:

So work it out, don't forget milk, dressings, any drink other than water, fruit, snacks.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
But as said before it's the spaceyness/dizziness part that I hate about hunger. :/ Water seems to make it worse for me. I guess I can't win and just gotta ride through it.

am i missing something here ? as iv gone 15 hours including sleeping and working out without eating and never gotten dizzy or anything. maybe a visit to your docs and have a chat see what they say.

Soldato
How many tea's/coffee do you have a day, type of milk, sugar etc? Snacks?

Look at your diet and make small changes, ie switch full fat for semi. If you have 2 sugars reduce to one, then zero. Don't add sugar to your cereal, switch to a healthier cereal muesli/porridge/fruit & fibre etc.

Replace white bread, rice, pasta etc for wholemeal.

Eat more slowly, give your brain a chance to tell yourself your full. Serve food on smaller plates with smaller portions etc etc

You should create a food diary and log everything you consume inc drinks, you will be surprised. Or use an online tool such as the free one on livestrong.com

Set some rules that you can adhere too. Ie no food before a certain time in the morning and no food after a certain time in the evening.

Embrace the feeling of hunger and stop fighting it. Feeling hungry for a few hours is OK.

If you're really struggling with 'real' hunger and not just mental hunger then split your meals up into 4-5 small meals.

Switch your bad snacks for fruit.

Get active - walking/cycling/swimming.

Back
Top Bottom