Votes: 48 53.3%
  • jonneymendoza

Votes: 24 26.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Put like this:

"Wenger has been at Arsenal for 22 years and won the Premier League three times, the FA Cup seven (!) times, and gone an entire season unbeaten. He brought a new style and finesse to a club known as ‘boring, boring Arsenal’ and implemented his philosophy from top to bottom."

Man deserves respect.

---

However the biggest issue is that football has changed. Since Abramovich (which I called a 9/11 moment for Football) the rules of the game changed. But unfortunately Wenger doesn't seem to have adapted very well.

Man of Honour
Yeah.. Terrible manager.. Only won 3 FA cups in 4 years and is most likely going to win the Europa League.. Disastrous. :rolleyes:

I don't mean this respectively but Arsenal and their supporters need to put their feet back on the ground, start from the bottom up. This starts with expectations.. There are more top clubs all fighting for the same things now.

Caporegime
So seems like Gazidis is making plans to oust Wenger out this summer, highly unlikely to be honest but we can hope.

Allegri has said he is interested in the job if Wenger goes in the summer.

Again could be all BS for all we know, as Wenger always sees his contracts out so cannot see him in walking away with still a year left.

Soldato
O4YJbsz.jpg

Came across this on twitter, Honigstein claims that its 100% true.

This is hilarious!! And tbh if it worked what's the problem. It reminds me of the we want our chocolate back chants when he first took over. We have Lehmann coaching, and next year Mertesacker will be too. Would they have elected to work under Wenger if he was really as clueless as some say? I remember reading about Arsene asking Van Persie... ‘Robin, you have to ask yourself why your are not the top player yet. Write down for yourself what your qualities are right now and also write down which qualities you think you still need to improve.’ I think Wenger works in a subtle way that isn't for everyone.

Soldato
This is hilarious!! And tbh if it worked what's the problem. It reminds me of the we want our chocolate back chants when he first took over. We have Lehmann coaching, and next year Mertesacker will be too. Would they have elected to work under Wenger if he was really as clueless as some say? I remember reading about Arsene asking Van Persie... ‘Robin, you have to ask yourself why your are not the top player yet. Write down for yourself what your qualities are right now and also write down which qualities you think you still need to improve.’ I think Wenger works in a subtle way that isn't for everyone.

Next thing you know he signs for United. :p

Caporegime

What makes you think Lehman is a good coach or that Mertesacker will be a good coach? They can make good money and got offered jobs at Arsenal, that's like saying players wouldn't play for Arsenal if they knew Arsenal wouldn't win a league... except they do. Lehman can make far more coaching at Arsenal than coaching for Grimsby, without the first clue how good they are at coaching there is absolutely zero logic in using them coaching(or going to coach) at Arsenal as proof the coaching isn't a problem.

The fundamental lack of progression in the quality of players we buy, youth players who come into the team suggests all is not well. Arsenal use to improve players after they joined, we haven't in a very very long time.

Lots of players will if given the chance use their current club at the point they retire for support in getting into coaching, it's easier by a mile than approaching a completely random club and asking for a coaching job, Mert has literally never coached before so very clearly his quality is unknown in that capacity.

Soldato
The point was that they're German, and the accusation was that certain Germans didn't have any faith in Wengers coaching abilities. So why would those 2 choose Arsenal to learn their trade at? Coaches don't earn that much money, so it can't be that.

Caporegime
The point was that they're German, and the accusation was that certain Germans didn't have any faith in Wengers coaching abilities. So why would those 2 choose Arsenal to learn their trade at? Coaches don't earn that much money, so it can't be that.

Again, Mert is literally no where in his career, it doesn't matter if Wenger is doing a poor job or if you think he is. Reputation, you know how Fat Sam, Pardew, etc, get hired repeatedly, it's based on reputation and not much else. Walking into a job offered to you as a coach at a top tier club will overnight make him more desirable in the future and more likely to be approached for a management job than if he goes and does his coaching badges then applies to be a coach at some random club. The relationship gets exploited and he gets a leg up.

Lehman, again he may have been turned down everywhere else for a job because every knows he's ****, who knows. Our GK coaching staff is not well respected, not least since every player who left improved significantly.

You're trying to make a logically connection between A and potatoes, when they aren't remotely connected. Hell if it was actually Wenger put the idea of coaching to Mert and said hey if you do it here we'll pay for you to go on training courses. Also again, he might get paid 10k a week to be a coach at Arsenal and his other offers were £500 a week on a short term contract at Scunthorpe.

The same way actual managers often get fast tracked from absolutely nowhere to managing a top tier club, using your relationship to fast track your career is one thing and disliking how Wenger coaches is another. Hell what if Mert thinks he can simply improve the team by showing Wenger how to coach better?

Ozil supposedly had his pick of joining plenty of clubs for decent money but chose Arsenal for 350k a week... he did it for the money not because he thinks Arsenal can compete. He settled for the cash rather than anything else, lots of people take jobs they don't like because it's still their best option.

Soldato
Today's rumours concerning Tuchel in the German press claim he has had talks with clubs around Europe. Turning down Bayern in the process to move to London. With Arsenal hotly tipped to be his destination.

Doesn't surprise me if we get another one with a Dortmund connection.

Soldato
Soldato
Heard about Tuchel coming, I personally don’t think it will happen this year. Maybe next yr when Wenger is finished his contract.

He seems to be highly rated as well.

By keeping Wenger for another year we will miss out on another good coach however.

That's the thing you see. Although over the years Wenger has been keen to let us know that he has turned down the world to stay at Arsenal, clubs like Real Madrid, PSG etc... would have had no problems sacking him after 3-4 years if he didn't deliver.

So in reality I think he is very privileged to be at a comfortable club like Arsenal.

There isn't as much pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom