Poll: WenGo or WenStay?

Is Wenger's time up?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
as mentioned, results have gone against him, players seem to have done a leicester (apart from sanchez), but my concern for arsenal is who they can get.

1) seen mention of Allegri from juventus, but can't see him leaving them.
2) simeone, for me more of a defensive style than arsenal try to play, but will the arsenal fans care if he can build a team thats hard to beat like his madrid sides ?

Soldato
OP
We've been going in circles for close to a decade. Honestly every year he just tells us stories.... The stories include him saying we've got a squad good enough to compete, we don't need strikers when we've got Giroud and Walcott already. Not buying year after year after year after year the right players in he right positions (CB, DM). The same issues cropping up year after year because of this and him saying we got a good enough squad to compete the following season having not dealt with the issues in the squad from the year before.

Every year is predictable.

We start well in the league, just about get out of the Champions league group stage, start falling away in the league after Xmas. Lose in the round of 16 in the champions league. finish fourth.

And lastly celebrate St Totteringhams Day.

:p

---

Something has affected the player long before the fans turned on Wenger. The fans turning on Wenger is not the reason for the teams plight at the moment.

Some deep deep issue at the club which we do not know about.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
St Totteringhams Day won't be coming this year. Our only hope of celebrating is the FA Cup, or for some Wenger leaving. Lol.

He won't leave though. He wants to leave on a high I assume. He needs to go spend and buy griezmann and give new contracts to Ozil and Sanchez.

Soldato
Hardly a decade, Arsenal reached the semi finals and quarter finals in 07/08/09/10 in Europe. They just could'nt get to the final again. The last 5 years have been poor though, Real Madrid didn't get out the last 16 for 7 years from 02 until Mourinho got in charge

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hardly a decade, Arsenal reached the semi finals and quarter finals in 07/08/09/10 in Europe. They just could get to the final again. The last 5 years have been poor though, Real Madrid didn't get out the last 16 for 7 years from 02 until Mourinho got in charge

You may have a point, but for me it's the naivety of his tactics which is a problem.

Away to Chelsea is a good example. We set up away to Chelsea to attack them. Garry Neville summed it up during the match.

He said the way Arsenal have been set up, they are basically saying 'we can do more damage against you with Bellerin than you can with Hazard'.

And we all know how that match went.

I cant see us winning any games from now till the end of the season.

Look how we started the season as well... so Ill prepared! What the hell is he doing. :confused:

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
That would be useful, Arsenal would actually have a top level striker like Costa and Aguero then..
Yeah. If Wenger stays and does not splash the cash this summer, fans will be even more enraged and unless he performs next season, he will end up being made to resign by fans not turning up etc.

Soldato
You may have a point, but for me it's the naivety of his tactics which is a problem.

Away to Chelsea is a good example. We set up away to Chelsea to attack them. Garry Neville summed it up during the match.

He said the way Arsenal have been set up, they are basically saying 'we can do more damage against you with Bellerin than you can with Hazard'.

Hmmm, im not sure, it's hard because if you say to those Arsenal players we've come here to defend, you are not going to be very popular. The team wants to have go, not just sit there and watch Chelsea play with the ball, it's ridiculous. I get you need to change tactics and stuff but do Barca set up defensively when they go to Real Madrid, do they heck. It's funny seeing Neville talk about Wenger now after his spell in Valencia, he has a lot more compassion for the job Wenger has done.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Hmmm, im not sure, it's hard because if you say to those Arsenal players we've come here to defend, you are not going to be very popular. The team wants to have go, not just sit there and watch Chelsea play with the ball, it's ridiculous. I get you need to change tactics and stuff but do Barca set up defensively when they go to Real Madrid, do they heck. It's funny seeing Neville talk about Wenger now after his spell in Valencia, he has a lot more compassion for the job Wenger has done.
Exactly. It is easy for people to talk the talk, but even someone like Neville could not walk the walk. It is obvious not as easy as it looks. Many people play championship manager and think they can do better :p

Soldato
Yea, the thing with the protests as well is not the protesting itself, it's the language that's used, so many people here and on ArsenalFanTV remind of those mugs that swear and spit at players in the corners of stadiums, it's disgusting. Yes, players and mangers have thick skin, they need to, it still doesn't justify it. Wenger has created a huge european brand with Arsenal, just let him retire at the club ffs. Were in the age of now now now now, i want it all now!!!! We can blame disposable consumerism for that :p

People should read the book Soccernomics by Simon Kuper

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yea, the thing with the protests as well is not the protesting itself, it's the language that's used, so many people here and on ArsenalFanTV remind of those mugs that swear and spit at players in the corners of stadiums, it's disgusting. Yes, players and mangers have thick skin, they need to, it still doesn't justify it. Wenger has created a huge european brand with Arsenal, just let him retire at the club ffs. Were in the age of now now now now, i want it all now!!!! We can blame disposable consumerism for that :p

People should read the book Soccernomics by Simon Kuper
Yeah, I feel disgusted by fans like that. No one should be treated like, even if they do earn silly money like footballers and managers do. This kind of thing is actually one of the reasons I actually do not even go to many matches. The way I see people behave, it is like they are from a different century or even some planet.

Soldato
Yeah, I feel disgusted by fans like that. No one should be treated like, even if they do earn silly money like footballers and managers do. This kind of thing is actually one of the reasons I actually do not even go to many matches. The way I see people behave, it is like they are from a different century or even some planet.

Yea that's it, because of the money, people feel they have the right to abuse those people, it's jealousy, plain and simple. It's funny how you don't see it in some other sports though, where the players get the same money as these guys, Basketball is a perfect example.

Caporegime
But hold on, who is paying these players wages?? The fans to some extent with our ridiculously high ticket prices.

I've been saying this for a number of years now, the board won't do FA till the fans start voting with their wallets. I've done it last season and this season, not been to any matches because I'm fed up of being ripped off and then seeing struggle against the likes of Watford and Palace.

Once the board sees how many empty seats there are, they might do something about it but then they might not.

For me Wenger has destroyed whatever legacy he had. He simply needs to go and our squad needs a huge overhaul.

Soldato
But hold on, who is paying these players wages?? The fans to some extent with our ridiculously high ticket prices.

I've been saying this for a number of years now, the board won't do FA till the fans start voting with their wallets. I've done it last season and this season, not been to any matches because I'm fed up of being ripped off and then seeing struggle against the likes of Watford and Palace.

Once the board sees how many empty seats there are, they might do something about it but then they might not.

For me Wenger has destroyed whatever legacy he had. He simply needs to go and our squad needs a huge overhaul.

So why don't more people vent their anger at Kroenke then? the guy has a lot of money, he could compete with Chelsea and City if he wanted...but he has no interest in spending those extra % for silverware. It's negligible gains at the top you see, Kroenke has no wish to invest in those negligible gains..

Yas, seriously, destroyed his legacy? Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in the world still. Such armageddon thinking that is, go watch some lower league football

Don
He doesn't have the money to compete and he hasn't invested because winning isn't his motivation, money is. Man Utd and City have shown that you can spend hundreds of millions and still not win anything so it makes zero sense for somebody with Kroenke's objectives to spend that extra £50-100m to slighty improve their chances of going from 2nd/3rd/4th to 1st.

Just like the Glazers and Utd, it's very possible that Kroenke will find his wallet if Arsenal do drop out of the CL spots though.

Don
Everything is relative. Compared to you and me he is, comapred to Abramovic and City's owners he's not. As for our owners, we're on the outside trying to get into the CL and so far (despite what some think) they've been putting money into the club to help us improve. The test for our owners would be if we ever were in the position of Arsenal our Utd, where we were regularly qualifiying for the CL, would they continue to invest? My inclination is they'd be exactly the same as Kroenke and the Glazers - they have no real interest in winning on the pitch, they just want a return on their investment.

Anyway, lets keep this on Wenger. As I said in the weekend spoiler thread, Arsenal have reached a scenario where there's pretty much nothing Wenger can do. The players are no longer playing for him and the fans have gone too - they can win their next 3 or 4 games but the second they drop points again the atmosphere will turn again. The only two solutions would be a complete overhaul of the squad, giving Wenger a fresh start or a new manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom