Poll: WenGo or WenStay?

Is Wenger's time up?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
If the Wexit crowd get their way, how much patience will they have with the new manager before they start flying planes?
Not long I don't think.

I hope we get a good manager and give him 3 years at least. But people will call for the new manager to be sacked if he does not perform first season.

Soldato
OP
Did any one catch what Jamie Carragher had to say after the game on Sky Sports? He really laid it all bare. The brutal reality of the situation.

He said basically this has been the same story for the last 10 years. And the way that Palace played against us was the same way that his Liverpool days with Crouch set up to play Arsenal.

Absolute naivety and stubbornest to adapt.

I hope he goes at the end of the season.

---

At the end of the season he'll probably say we have a squad good enough to win the league and we don't need a squad overhaul or drastic changes.

I would like to see Silent Stan go as well.

Caporegime
Will a top manager want to job after seeing the way the fans have turned on Wenger?
What about Chelsea?? They sack managers like it's going out of fashion but yet they seem to attract top class managers.

But I don't see why we can't attract a top manager, we don't make a habit of sacking managers willy nilly.

As for the fans?? 20 yrs of Wenger where he has done very well but it's been quite evident for the past few seasons we need a new direction.

I think arsenal fans have been more than loyal with Wenger. We just feel that it's time for a change.

Soldato
OP
How can a team like Juventus, suffer going down a division having their team ripped apart and then in 5 years rebuild a fantastic team?

That's proper decisions being made at the top. We do not have that leadership at the top unfortunately.

I loved Wenger and respect the man, but it has been the same at least for the last 5 if not 10 years.

It's just the stubbornness of the man that is the issue. He never changes. He'll try the same thing again and again and again because he thinks it's the correct thing to do. But we have never been title contenders for a very long time now.

Telling us the squad is strong enough to win things where every single season the same issues crop up every one bar him can see that the squad needs players but he comes out and says we have a team good enough to win the league!

Then you've got missing out on top players because he refuses to pay the asking price even if it's just a few million more.

Honestly..... we need freshening up. Someone to give the team some pride, bottle and team spirit.

---

Go and listen to what Jamie Carragher had to say at the end of the game on sky sports yesterday. Perfectly summed it up.

It looks like the team has 'chucked in the towel' under Wenger. I don't see how he can carry on from here.

Caporegime
What about Chelsea?? They sack managers like it's going out of fashion but yet they seem to attract top class managers.

Huge pay cheque, massive transfer budget, expectation of trophies or you get the boot, it's clearly laid out. The fans don't need to fly planes or protest because they know if the manager doesn't perform they will get the sack. Like most teams really.

Caporegime
Huge pay cheque, massive transfer budget, expectation of trophies or you get the boot, it's clearly laid out. The fans don't need to fly planes or protest because they know if the manager doesn't perform they will get the sack. Like most teams really.
Which arsenal could probably give to a manager, we aren't as rich as Chelsea but that's not to say we don't have money.

That's down to Wenger being in complete control of our finances and the board giving him the reins to do so.

If Wenger was to leave and we got another manager in, not sure how much money the board would give him to transform the squad.

To me Wenger needs to go, the board needs to go as well and get a new owner in...an owner who actually gives a **** rather than line his bank balance ;).

Soldato
Not long I don't think.

I hope we get a good manager and give him 3 years at least. But people will call for the new manager to be sacked if he does not perform first season.

I am sorry but i do not understand what is meant by a "good manager". Do you mean someone who is given huge amounts of money to spend on top players who then go on to have success?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I am sorry but i do not understand what is meant by a "good manager". Do you mean someone who is given huge amounts of money to spend on top players who then go on to have success?
Haha.

Well I would not mind someone who is willing to adapt and change more than Wenger for example. It seems to me his tactics are usually the same and he does not change them much.

Soldato
OP
We need a manage that shows he knows what he's dong, able to galvinise the team and the players show 100% commitment to paying for him.

That doesn't mean we have to win everything.... but just that we give it a good go in the right way.

Wenger is and has been delusional for a very very long time.

Soldato

Like Pep! Who took over Barcelona who were probably the best team in the world and unsurprisingly won with them, then moved to Bayern who were by far the best team in Germany and won with them. Best manager in the world!

Caporegime
I find it really odd that he is likely to stay after this season, he should be off out the door, not being given another year or whatever.

It seems like those couples you see that both know it's over, but cannot bring themselves to part ways.

Soldato
Like Pep! Who took over Barcelona who were probably the best team in the world and unsurprisingly won with them, then moved to Bayern who were by far the best team in Germany and won with them. Best manager in the world!

Exactly, when the media talks about him/any other "top manager" like this im just like "wtf??!?!?" Really annoys me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom