We're No 1

Man of Honour
Originally posted by MDPlatts
but the following do... see here

which is why our scores are so high

(sorry, but with all the new joiners, I thought I'd flash "that" thead about again - someone was going to with a tag line like that)
Bwhahahah! Your post was on light blue hence your attempt at masquerading that dastardly comment failed miserably!:D

That kind of thread makes me wish I joined the forums earlier:D

Soldato
Its good to see us back in the no1 spot , and even nicer that it has been achieved without any of our really big seti classic crunchers. (Though it would be nice to see them on boinc to make us unstopable :D, does anyone know what happened to bully as his seti classic account has been inactive for a few weeks ?)

With all these validator ups and downs we still dont know the real daily output of either team , so it will be interesting to watch over the next few weeks.

Shady

Man of Honour
I can imagine the news the day Seti Classic stops crunching....

"...now for the weather. Temperatures in Docklands, London have dropped 25 degrees. A "Mr One" and "Mr Two" were unavailable for comment, however their cats were seen running freely for the first time in years."

Soldato
Originally posted by TheBeansprout
I can imagine the news the day Seti Classic stops crunching....

"...now for the weather. Temperatures in Docklands, London have dropped 25 degrees. A "Mr One" and "Mr Two" were unavailable for comment, however their cats were seen running freely for the first time in years."
:D

Along with strange reports coming in from all over of the world of various animals all being relased/escaping onto the streets.

Its rumoured that both the UK and the USA will announce that due to clever government strategies in reducing the electricity usage requirements of both countries , neither will need to build any new power stations to cope with the previously predicted shortfalls.

A further rumour sugests that a SAS team are on stand by with orders to eliminate Dr Anderson in the event that seti classic has not been shut down in time for Blair to make the above annoucement in the run up to the election.

Bush has agreed to the use of the SAS squad as he realised that sending the USAF to Blitz most of california would not go down that well and had to agree with Blair that a SAS squad fireing one bullet from one gun would be somewhat less noticeable to the outside world than the sudden disaperance of most of california.

This also stops DR Andersons original cunning plan of moving himself and the seti classic servers and setting up shop in the middle of the Texas oil fields.

All rumours of the UK residence known as the shadyshack , being fitted with surface to air missles , computer controlled machine guns ,armour plated walls and a backup fission reactor were strongly denied.

Shady

Soldato
all i can say is
germans;
FEEL MY SIZE 12S!!!!!!!! RAWR
Isabella.jpg

looks like theres life in the old nag yet!
nag.jpg

Man of Honour
Originally posted by shadyseti
...a SAS squad fireing one bullet from one gun would be somewhat less noticeable to the outside world than the sudden disaperance of most of california.

All rumours of the UK residence known as the shadyshack , being fitted with surface to air missles , computer controlled machine guns ,armour plated walls and a backup fission reactor were strongly denied.

Shady

Best bits:D

Although, if California were blown away to sea, the next day I could imagine Arnie chugging out of the sea pulling a rope over his shoulder, while you are donning your black foot-length cloak and wraparound sunglasses, facing Agent Smith...."So you are the new Mr Andersssonnnnnn"

MGP

MGP

Soldato
OP

I trust those are crunching when not needed for defence purposes :p

MGP

MGP

Soldato
OP
We're not clear of them yet. I don't know if they are trying a last ditch 25th hour attempt to close the stable door after the horse has bolted (it's that animal cruncher thread again :eek: ), but they're pulling a few WUs out of the hat in the last few hours.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Originally posted by MGP
We're not clear of them yet. I don't know if they are trying a last ditch 25th hour attempt to close the stable door after the horse has bolted (it's that animal cruncher thread again :eek: ), but they're pulling a few WUs out of the hat in the last few hours.

Gap's 23K!!

It seems too much of a co-incidence that every time bOrkeleY get behind on validation we get lots of credit early on and SG get it later. I can only assume that theres a reason behind it - like "O" is earlier in the alphabet that "S" - though I'd have thought it better to do it by WU# - which would give a more random feel. I've looked at some of my WU's and all WU's downloaded around the same time are often all handed more or less to the same 4-5 users who were d/l at the same time - but that would be more random - and they at least should know which WU's are available for validation/transitioning - but I can't figure any other reason than alphabetical - its not even team number as theirs is 2 lower than ours - 30187 vs 30189 !!

Still, hopefully even if they claw stuff back for some of this evening it becomes our turn again sooner or later to open up the gap again.

M.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
OP
Each time in the last fortnight or so that the validator has played up (and the queue seems to be climbing a bit again), as you say we gain as it first seems to get reset, and then they try to close the gap. Over this time our net gain has been higher than theirs. Hopefully we gained enough early today that we have the first signs of a sustainable increasing lead.

Note to self: Must resist the temptation now wer'e just ahead to move to much power to other boinc projects and see if we can close gaps in those too.

Soldato
Originally posted by Gojira
Whee, I think we've all earned a celebration drinkie, but now is not the time for slacking, we need a bigger lead!

Well done everybody! :D :D :D

Alan Woodford

I'm off to the pub then:) I'll leave my crunchers behind,the only one that I had that sampled a tin of beer never crunched again:eek:

We beat the germans, we beat the germans.... He He he....

MGP

MGP

Soldato
OP
Don't look now, but they're creeping back up to us. A restomp is highly likely. There's on 6,000 in it. :eek:

I suppose that it is to be expected that they are in a position to threaten us. The RAC betwen the teams suggest a difference of only around 10,000. That's assuming of course that the RAC has any level of accuracy given recent validator outages. That suggests that our meteric gap closing and stomping rise of earlier today will even itself out to a much smaller overall daily gain over each of the next few days. Let's hope that process allows us to hold the lead untill the gradual gains are telling.

Soldato
Bush has agreed to the use of the SAS squad as he realised that sending the USAF to Blitz most of california would not go down that well and had to agree with Blair that a SAS squad fireing one bullet from one gun would be somewhat less noticeable to the outside world than the sudden disaperance of most of california.

Hmm... I don't know.. I suspect most of the world (and the US) would appreciate California dissapearing. AT least it would get rid of the Governator, and all those pretentious hollywood types that really think the world revolves around it.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by MGP
Don't look now, but they're creeping back up to us. A restomp is highly likely. There's on 6,000 in it. :eek:

I suppose that it is to be expected that they are in a position to threaten us. The RAC betwen the teams suggest a difference of only around 10,000. That's assuming of course that the RAC has any level of accuracy given recent validator outages. That suggests that our meteric gap closing and stomping rise of earlier today will even itself out to a much smaller overall daily gain over each of the next few days. Let's hope that process allows us to hold the lead untill the gradual gains are telling.
PAH!

We're well and truly spanking 'em today:D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom