US: Westworld

Soldato
not complaining about the series, its still got me interested. But without these recap videos this season two would be on huge mind **** to keep track of every timeline etc, or is it just me.

Associate
not complaining about the series, its still got me interested. But without these recap videos this season two would be on huge mind **** to keep track of every timeline etc, or is it just me.

It's not as complicated as it seems. It's the cutting back and forth that makes it confusing. There are only two timelines. What was the 'immediate aftermath', and the 'two weeks later'. Both have moved on in time now, but linearly. The two weeks later scenes always have Strand and his team in them so it's easy to tell them apart. There are of course some flashbacks interspersed to make things more interesting. The former is now catching up to where the latter began, on the beach.

It's straight out of the Nolan narrative playbook. Memento was a good example of this, with colour scenes cut together with Black and White scenes. The former telling the story from the beginning and moving forward, the latter starting at the end and moving backward. Totally mindbending on a first watch, but nicely done. You could imagine them in editing suite cutting up lengths of film and rearranging them.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I found the first season worse to keep track of the timelines, purely because it was unexpected and the jump between Delores and the present was so great.

Associate
This series has been a bit odd. First episode, total snoozefest. Very good from then onwards. I get all the AI and the storylines, but the one thing that is such a gaping hole is the fact that these robots programmed to do a role and now waking up are now suddenly master tacticians and can outmanoeuvre the military. Its a joke!

Associate
This series has been a bit odd. First episode, total snoozefest. Very good from then onwards. I get all the AI and the storylines, but the one thing that is such a gaping hole is the fact that these robots programmed to do a role and now waking up are now suddenly master tacticians and can outmanoeuvre the military. Its a joke!

It's been made clear over and over that the hosts have far more potential, and far more ability than us mere mortals. They've stressed it enough so i don't know why you find it so hard to understand.

Loved this weeks episode again.

Associate
It's been made clear over and over that the hosts have far more potential, and far more ability than us mere mortals. They've stressed it enough so i don't know why you find it so hard to understand.

Loved this weeks episode again.
It's more a question of where they learned these new skills. To know how to tactically take down the units and to dress like the soldiers and operate everything. From nowhere.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Latest episode = terrible

Best part was the piano ensemble of Nirvana’s “heart shaped box”.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I found it quite interesting to be honest. Was about time we found out what the deal was with ghost nation

Also this episode did more to make me empathise with the robots than the whole rest of the show so far

Last edited:
Soldato
What an episode, 90% wasn't even English and they did such good story telling, he should definitely be up for a Emmy nod after that performance.

Once it clicked that he only spoke English to the actual daughter the rest of the time he was speaking directly to Maieve what a twist.

Soldato
I was hoping for two comedic moments...

1) Girl at the end says 'sorry, no idea what you've been saying for the last 40 minutes'

2) He opens the door to 'the right world' to find actually it's just a cupboard or maybe a run down bathroom

But yeah, generally thought it was quite an interesting episode. I don't quite get how seeing the maze image makes them become conscious though? Unfortunately, I think now there's probably too much I'm not understanding to enjoy it as much as I probably should!

Caporegime
Really enjoyed that, especially as a filler of sorts. The score when Achetetawhagaga (sp) was strolling through the complex was brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom