What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Associate
Started playing Hellblade 2 yesterday and omg didn’t have a blast like that for a veeery long time playing a game.
Mind blowing, jaw dropping and goosebumps inducing… :eek:
(Playing on Samsung s95c).

Last edited:
Soldato
Bought XCOM 2 and the expansion in the Steam sale. Never played an XCOM game before so thought the 2nd one would be a great place to start :rolleyes:

Any beginner tips etc most appreciated

Soldato
I've put down Starfield for now. I will come back to it later if the DLC update makes it more interesting.

Started Dying light 2 as the original was one of my favourite games.

Associate
Hellblade 2 and Ghost of Tsushima with a bit of Top Spin 2K25 on the side :D

I keep playing Hellblade at midnight to 3am, makes me extremely uncomfortable to play through it, but enjoying it overall.

I feel with how they design their games, they should take inspiration from Heavy Rain or Become Human for a different type of setting once they're done with this Saga.

If the envision making similar games in the future, or just building out a more interactive world/environment.

Associate
Bought XCOM 2 and the expansion in the Steam sale. Never played an XCOM game before so thought the 2nd one would be a great place to start :rolleyes:

Any beginner tips etc most appreciated
Play the 1st one. I hated the timer in the 2nd game as I like to take my time and scope out the environment.

General tip is to make sure you keep recruiting and giving rookies experience. You will lose or have injured troops so make sure you have trained people to replace them later ton.

Soldato
I picked up Torchlight II for £3, seems alright, can waste a few hours on that.

I'm playtesting Breachway, spaceship combat deck builder, if that sounds like your cup of tea then wishlist it, due out in July.

Associate
One of my favourite RPGs and I actually preferred it to baldurs gate 3. Great games larian, well-done.
yup, this is probably my 5th run through the game, first full party, usual tank, melee dps, mage and archer, second was lone wolf duo, iirc, tank and mage, the next 2 runs solo lone wolf to finish up some story character achievements by going melee two-handed. that last 2 where honesty quite easy even on hardest difficulty so thought i'd try mage this time without lone wolf, so far so good. :)

Soldato
Still playing Dysons Sphere, bit of a new lease of life since the Dark Swarm release. Its become a bit repetitive now but to be honest that's almost part of its charm, it's like 'white noise' for my tired old brain ;)

Back
Top Bottom