What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Caporegime
Steam Next Fest Demo - Mini Settlers

Sort of like a transport simulation game where you have to connect resources and build up a population centre. Simplified take on things which helps the brain when you are getting on in years. :D

Soldato
Started Another Crab's Treasure on GP.

A light-hearted but still quite difficult souls-like where you play a cutesy hermit crab. Despite its whole aethetic looking like a kids' game I died three times to the first boss and then another couple trying to get to the next area. Have a feeling I'm going to enjoy this one.

Associate
Near the end of Jedi Survivor and it's definitely not as good as Fallen Order. Still worth playing however, especially for the fiver I managed to buy it for.

Next is Ghost of Tsushima, guessing it'll look fantastic on my PC.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Finished Still Wakes the Deep but doing a second playthrough to see if I missed anything, about to start the new Flintlock demo on Steam, playing Selaco and Forbidden West still :cool:

Edit*

Flintlock demo is utter trash.

My comment on reddit:

Also, and worst of all, the entire gameplay felt like a college project. Just WTF? I dug deeper too, the game has no GFX options of any note, the DLSS version that the demo ships with is 2.3.11 from the year 2021..... It's like as if someone over at the devs thought "how can we do a game so bad and then make it even worse".

Yes it runs at over 130fps, it should do on a 4090, but it has shader comp stutter everywhere and it looks like garbage as well as feels like garbage to control, too.

Last edited:
Associate
Recently completed Deathloop, you'd think a game where you repeat the same day over and over would become boring, but no as I progressed and learned a little more about the world and people around me it managed to keep me hooked. I also managed to get all 3 endings, made a little easier by the final day resetting. When I started the game I was a little apprehensive about having to try and figure how to break the loop and remember all the clues I learned during my playthrough, but the developers have already thought of that and give you a journal which stores what you learn and acts as a prompt about what to look at next as well as visual prompts in game in the form of phrases floating around at certain points.

Associate
Very little these days. My obsession in recent years was Elite Dangerous but I lost interest in that and only play occasionally. I am trying to get into MSFS but struggle to find a long enough period of time to make starting it up worthwhile. Other games I have though I would enjoy I just lose interest very quickly. There always seems to be something else to do that is more important or I am too tired to concentrate on a game.

Soldato
Just been dipping my toes into the world of VR.

Played some Rez on it last night and was holding onto my seat for dear life at points.

Hellblade and Resident Evil 7 on the weekend...

Associate
Also recently completed W40K Space Marine, games been out a long while but it's still a relatively fun game to play through if not a little basic. A simple 3rd person shooter where you run from zone to zone clear a bunch of enemies and move on to the next with an average story about stopping an ork invasion, still it had me interested enough to look forward to the next installment later this year/next.

Also playing D4 Season 4, completed the battle pass and season conquests, so just dipping in and out as the mood takes me. Also returned to Destiny 2 after a year or more out, finished the Witch Queen stuff or at least the main story, now moved on to Lightfall ready for Final Shape. Game hasn't really changed, gun play and movement are still fun, the enemies are mostly what we've seen before but keeps me going for hour or two.

Associate
I got PS Plus Extra and they have a huge catalogue of games. I've played so many already, currently on Watch Dogs: Legion. It's not as fun as WD1 or WD2 but it's based in London so has some novelty. Though it's quite repetitive and formulaic I find. Once I build my new PC I think I'll go back to my catalogue of games I didn't want to try running on my old GPU like Control and CyberPunk

As for multiplayer - Deep Rock Galactic!

Last edited:
Associate
#Skull and bones is now my game to play.......say what you like its really calming to sail the sea with sea shanties. and im terrible at re-playing games before you tell me to go back to blag flag :D
I think the first game I spent much time playing was Sid Meiers' Pirates but I have never found a pirate game since that appealed. I tried Black Flag a couple of times but couldn't get into it.

Associate
Recently completed Deathloop, you'd think a game where you repeat the same day over and over would become boring, but no as I progressed and learned a little more about the world and people around me it managed to keep me hooked. I also managed to get all 3 endings, made a little easier by the final day resetting. When I started the game I was a little apprehensive about having to try and figure how to break the loop and remember all the clues I learned during my playthrough, but the developers have already thought of that and give you a journal which stores what you learn and acts as a prompt about what to look at next as well as visual prompts in game in the form of phrases floating around at certain points.

I gave up on this after about 6 hours. I was already getting annoyed by the repetition.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I gave up on this after about 6 hours. I was already getting annoyed by the repetition.

I had a quick go on game pass. Not my cup of tea at all. Wasn't this the devs that made Prey? Went from that to this crap then got shut down. Sad.

I want more games like prey. Not this crap.

Back
Top Bottom