What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Caporegime
Still have a blast on the classics; DOD, TF2.

I've been trying to get back into BF games but I've come to the conclusion that I'm not as good as I once was, and I was never pro or anything. Reflexes just aren't there any more and it just gets my back up.

Single player games like Civ 6, Resident Evil Village, Total War Series. Just double dipped on AC: Origins as it can be had for a fiver (Gold edition) so ill be putting some time into that.

Edit: Oh yeah Chivalry 2 as well, its not the sort of game id sit and play for hours on end but the odd bash here and there and its good fun!

Associate
I'm 37 and long ago lost the reaction and patience for any PvP online game. Not to mention getting frustrated when you get killed by people hacking or cheating. I played Escape from Tarkov for a long while, but stopped when the hacking got bad. It's a shame, I really liked that game, but between the hackers and the continual character wipes, I lost interest. If I invest that sort of time in a game, I don't want all the progress removed, especially with how grindy some of the missions were.

Caporegime
Still have a blast on the classics; DOD, TF2.

I've been trying to get back into BF games but I've come to the conclusion that I'm not as good as I once was, and I was never pro or anything. Reflexes just aren't there any more and it just gets my back up.

Same here, hard to compete with the ocd addled ritalin brigade so I find using a tank is a nice compromise, always liked tanking more than infantry anyway.
:p

For infantry though support play can be slower paced with the bipod lmgs.

Associate
37 here, pc gaming since I was 13.. current my go to games War thunder, BF1, FS2020 and DCS, I find given family commitments i play games i can drop in an out of these days. I loved TW games however i cannot commit the time to the campaigns anymore

I hear that mate, one of the reasons I stopped playing Eve Online, it's something you just can't pause - I still can't bring myself to cancel the sub tho, my character has been going since 2009 so pretty much part of the family

Associate
I just find myself going through my steam back catalogue. I am working my way through Black Mesa with my son as he has suddenly developed a massive interest in all Valve games so getting in some portal 1 and 2 time, half life 2 etc. I still go back through the classics of unreal tournament and buy cheap keys when I can for other stuff. I am 38 BTW and pc gaming since I was 14.

Soldato
Just ended a second playthrough of Days Gone with about 100 hours invested. A lot of fun if a little lacking in places.
Started Necromunda : Hired Gun but cannot see me playing this for long.
Also started Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 which I am enjoying thus far.

Associate
Trying to get through my never ending steam backlog! On that list is redout so I'm playing that what a quality game! Not normally a fan of racers but really enjoying it.

Soldato
None... It's summer, no time for games at the moment, despite still bloody buying the sodding things. I just bought a house and I'm tempted to sell my gaming rig. With the prices that 3090's are at given the shortages, I could make a pretty penny!

Associate
None... It's summer, no time for games at the moment, despite still bloody buying the sodding things. I just bought a house and I'm tempted to sell my gaming rig. With the prices that 3090's are at given the shortages, I could make a pretty penny!

Ive been tempted myself to pack in gaming and get a console or something but I cant quite bring myself to it. Id love to get a macbook (no hate pls) and use geforce now or the like but they just arent good enough... especially if you want to play a multiplayer FPS

Associate
Just discovered Sub Nautica and wow what a time sink that game is, great for the older folks whose reactions may not be up to what they were, and runs like a dream on older kit ;)
I agree.

Have you tried No Man Sky??? Same kind of game but in space. Great game now with all the patches and support they have given it over the years. Needs a slightly more demanding PC though.

Back
Top Bottom